**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Officially booked for February getting out of town for Mardi Gras break. 10th-14th at the Yatch Club. Booked yesterday with the RO discount plus the extra Visa discount for $324 a night. Never stayed at the Epcot resorts before so we are super excited. DH, DD and myself.

Stayed at yacht club this past march

Adults only trip with my wife. Kids at home with their aunt

Had some construction going on but minimal issue

Pool was awesome

Great trip, so nice and convenient to be able to walk to Epcot and HS

What an exciting week I had! Started with getting the Magic discount on Tuesday that saved us $400 at AoA. Not bad, but I was hoping for more. Then, later that same day, got the play, stay, and dine discount which saved us a total of $1100!! Woohoo! What's even better is that I was playing around on the web site comparing rates and saved an additional $600 by changing to the Fort Wilderness Cabins!! We've always wanted to try the cabins because we love camping and the three boys (18, 16, and 12) love to bike. That's a total savings of $1700 from our original plan! I feel like I won the big prize :)

We now have everything booked except FP, and those will be coming soon!
T-REX (d)
Crystal Palace (d)
Tusker House (l)
Coral Reef (l)
Mama Melrose/Fantasmic (l)
Cinderella's Table (d)
Whispering Canyon (d)
'Ohana (b)
San Angel Inn (d)
Be Our Guest (d)
Bon Voyage (b)

Now I have to wait...114 days...

Hi all! We have a long weekend planned for February! Feb 1 - 5 at Pop - super excited! Been to WDW many times but never in February and we are using the DP for the first time as well - that alone makes it feel like we are planning a whole new type of vacation! Looking forward to seeing the Festival of the Arts at EP as well!

Hey everyone! I just added two days to the beginning of my trip. Doing a split stay at BCV/BWV 1/28-2/2. So excited to be back on the Boardwalk. It’s my favorite :lovestruc

Last edited:
Well, it's a good day. Delta finally got a plane ticket I can live with down to $420. I'm not buying yet, still hoping they make it down to $350, but considering that their price recently has been 1 arm, 1 leg, and the first-born child I don't even have - this is a great improvement.

Hi all! We have a long weekend planned for February! Feb 1 - 5 at Pop - super excited! Been to WDW many times but never in February and we are using the DP for the first time as well - that alone makes it feel like we are planning a whole new type of vacation! Looking forward to seeing the Festival of the Arts at EP as well!

Hey, neighbor. I check into Pop on 2/3. February is usually beautiful weather; hopefully we'll get the same next year.

If the Epcot Festival of the Arts has the "Pop Eats" booth again and they have the almond frangipane (sp?) cake again, I definitely recommend it.

pop eats cake.JPG

Well, it's a good day. Delta finally got a plane ticket I can live with down to $420. I'm not buying yet, still hoping they make it down to $350, but considering that their price recently has been 1 arm, 1 leg, and the first-born child I don't even have - this is a great improvement.

Hey, neighbor. I check into Pop on 2/3. February is usually beautiful weather; hopefully we'll get the same next year.

If the Epcot Festival of the Arts has the "Pop Eats" booth again and they have the almond frangipane (sp?) cake again, I definitely recommend it.

View attachment 276956
That's a TON of money for a plane ticket. Have you looked at Frontier? Granted, they aren't the best of service, but they throw vouchers at you like it's candy. They changed our flight time and we decided to change our flight so they gave all four of us a voucher that allowed us to get checked bags for free. We are each paying $120.

That's a TON of money for a plane ticket. Have you looked at Frontier? Granted, they aren't the best of service, but they throw vouchers at you like it's candy. They changed our flight time and we decided to change our flight so they gave all four of us a voucher that allowed us to get checked bags for free. We are each paying $120.

I'm out here in the middle of the country and don't have Frontier - or JetBlue, and SW has a very limited schedule. Delta and American are my best options, and believe me, last year when I got my round trip to MCO for $331, I was ecstatic.

I'm out here in the middle of the country and don't have Frontier - or JetBlue, and SW has a very limited schedule. Delta and American are my best options, and believe me, last year when I got my round trip to MCO for $331, I was ecstatic.
What state do you live in? We live in Iowa so we don’t have any huge airports near us.

Well just switched our rooms from AoA to Pop due to the dog situation. Now I get to go study up on Pop. Never thought we'd stay there so I'm pretty unfamiliar. :)

View attachment 276956

We're so excited for the Festival of the Arts! We've been to F&W and F&G but this will be our first time with the winter one! I wish we were going for longer so we could get to Epcot twice ... I'm still trying to convince DD6 to skip DHS this trip and do an extra Epcot day... but she is so dramatic and just wants to go to all of the parks! We've created a monster with her! LOL! Right now we have arrival day at DHS, then a day at Epcot, then a day at AK and then two days at MK. I'd love to switch up the arrival day to Epcot ... we'll see if I can convince her! I know she's only 6 (almost 7) but this will be her 15th trip so she definitely has her preferences! LOL!

We're so excited for the Festival of the Arts! We've been to F&W and F&G but this will be our first time with the winter one! I wish we were going for longer so we could get to Epcot twice ... I'm still trying to convince DD6 to skip DHS this trip and do an extra Epcot day... but she is so dramatic and just wants to go to all of the parks! We've created a monster with her! LOL! Right now we have arrival day at DHS, then a day at Epcot, then a day at AK and then two days at MK. I'd love to switch up the arrival day to Epcot ... we'll see if I can convince her! I know she's only 6 (almost 7) but this will be her 15th trip so she definitely has her preferences! LOL!

I know they're pricey and not everyone likes them, but this is why I always have a Park Hopper. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone,
It looks like Rivers of Light is scheduled for the day that we are planning to visit AK (Wed Feb 7) but there are still no dining packages available. Anyone know if there will likely be a package available at some point? Anyone know when they might start selling for February 2018?

Hey everyone,
It looks like Rivers of Light is scheduled for the day that we are planning to visit AK (Wed Feb 7) but there are still no dining packages available. Anyone know if there will likely be a package available at some point? Anyone know when they might start selling for February 2018?
I'm waiting for that as well!

Well just switched our rooms from AoA to Pop due to the dog situation. Now I get to go study up on Pop. Never thought we'd stay there so I'm pretty unfamiliar. :)

We stayed there for one night a few weeks ago. The resort is very nice for value and the newly renovated rooms were great. We got a room in the 90s section that was a quick walk across the parking lot. I loved the location. There is a thread in the resorts page all about the renovations so I would head over there for more info. So far I believe its just the 80s and 90s section that is completed. The only downside was the bus stops at the parks. POP is the furthest stop in basically all the parks.

I know they're pricey and not everyone likes them, but this is why I always have a Park Hopper. :thumbsup2
This is our first trip in years without our AP and our first since 2012 without PH! It's hard but we are trying to save $$ on this trip big time! ARGH!

I hear you on the 'no dang airlines fly here,' my friend! I live in Fargo, ND. $331 is a STEAL. :woohoo:

Hey everyone,
From past experience, it seems like ROL dining packages have opened up much closer to the actual dates, I'm not positive but it seems to be because they're deciding if they'll have one or two shows. But, we all know what happens when you assume Disney anything......You're wrong. :confused3:rotfl:

I hear you on the 'no dang airlines fly here,' my friend! I live in Fargo, ND. $331 is a STEAL. :woohoo:

From past experience, it seems like ROL dining packages have opened up much closer to the actual dates, I'm not positive but it seems to be because they're deciding if they'll have one or two shows. But, we all know what happens when you assume Disney anything......You're wrong. :confused3:rotfl:

Hoping they open up ROL dining as we approach 60 days before the new year. Just a guess. But they have had the December dates up for a while. I feel like Jan and Feb dates might open up at the same time and don't see how they can do that with less than 60 days till the 1st. And, haha, I'll probably be wrong with this assumption too, but just a guess.

Me too! I called tonight because it looked like it was available online, but it's not yet. The castmember I spoke to said it should be any day.
ROL Dining Packages are out for January, February, March and the first half of April. But they are few and far between though I did manage to get one on Feb 14 at 8:15 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!