**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Tried to get a reservation for V&A one night while I am there (Feb 10-17) no availability. Sad face here. I have eaten there several years ago and wanted to go back one more time. :confused3:confused3

Super excited!! We switched our reservation from BLT to the Poly(1st time there ) but the best part is we saved $650.00 in airfare by adding a day! So now we are Feb 13-21 Polynesian. We also added tickets to the after hours at Magic Kingdom Feb 15. Has anyone else done it before or doing it in February?

Joining in! We're split-month, so 2 new threads to watch ! :lovestruc Dates are 27Jan-03Feb first stay at AoA Cars Suite!! Cast: DH, me, DS12, DS8, DD6, DS4, DD2 !! (Only shot at a family suite, we're SO taking it!)

Updated to this post pixiedust:

Well, our third person decided not to come along :( So, we have changed our reservations to AoA LM (yay!!) and will be adding park hoppers so we can do Epcot and AK on 2/25.
In fact, if anyone wants a PPO Tusker for 3 on 2/25, please let me know so we can arrange a drop :teeth:

Super excited!! We switched our reservation from BLT to the Poly(1st time there ) but the best part is we saved $650.00 in airfare by adding a day!
That is awesome! Congratulations!! Ours is similar, we also added a day to our reservation and ended up saving money on the package. I'll be contacting Disney to reduce the time but even if we can't, we end up saving by adding a day! lol weird huh?
We have an extra day right now because AoA availability didn't show up for 2/23-26, so I had to extend it to the 27th and magically availability popped up :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone!

We will have a group of 9 staying at Saratoga the 14-20th. Celebrating my 28th (the 16th), grandmothers 81st, and mom's 50th (both earlier in the month).

Ive gone tons of times and I'm a former WDW CM.

Ive gotten Garden Grill, Ohana (late res, yuck!), Prime time.

Still ISO BOG (lunch or dinner any day) and an earlier Ohana time.

Cant wait to plan with you all!

Tried to get a reservation for V&A one night while I am there (Feb 10-17) no availability. Sad face here. I have eaten there several years ago and wanted to go back one more time. :confused3:confused3

I've looked every day and still nothing. Interestingly, I accidentally put in party of 4 and there was availability but when I changed it to party of 2 it went back to no availability. I wonder if its better to call?

It looks like the week we'll be at Disney, February 10-18, 2018 will be a bad week for Magic Kingdom. Not only will they have a private event on February 12 and close the park early (6:00 pm), they are also having a "Disney After Hours" ticketed event on February 15 the same week which means Magic Kingdom will be closed early two nights that week. I already re-did my ADRs for February 12 at BOG and CRT to allow for the early closure. Just as well I didn't move them to February 15 which would be impossible to replace at this date.

Awe, that's a bummer :(

We are going during that same time (Feb 9-18) and I honestly didn't notice the limited MK hours on those days ... we prefer to do PM EMH at MK (though we have one AM EMH MK day planned) and it didn't affect either of those days.

Could you call Disney customer service and ask if they can help?

I've looked every day and still nothing. Interestingly, I accidentally put in party of 4 and there was availability but when I changed it to party of 2 it went back to no availability. I wonder if its better to call?

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I will call and inquire.

Discounts came out today, hope everyone was able to save some money. We decided to upgrade :)
Had 4 nights at ASMovies standard and 2 at POR garden. Was able to switch online to ASMusic standard and AKL standard for only $40 more.
Totally happy with that. Going to try calling later to see if I can get a the card promo added.

Discounts came out today, hope everyone was able to save some money. We decided to upgrade :)
Had 4 nights at ASMovies standard and 2 at POR garden. Was able to switch online to ASMusic standard and AKL standard for only $40 more.
Totally happy with that. Going to try calling later to see if I can get a the card promo added.
I'm not finding anything for my dates at POP. We are staying Feb 27-March 4.

I'm on hold (30-minute wait!) to see what I can do to get the discount on my current reservation, or maybe upgrade. Here's hoping!!

ETA WAIT I CAN DO IT ONLINE

Last edited:
I'm on hold (30-minute wait!) to see what I can do to get the discount on my current reservation, or maybe upgrade. Here's hoping!!

ETA WAIT I CAN DO IT ONLINE
I wasn't able to add it to mine. We're staying at POFQ and it isn't included in the deal. I was told to keep checking for other discounts though.

I wasn't able to add it to mine. We're staying at POFQ and it isn't included in the deal. I was told to keep checking for other discounts though.
We're staying at Pop and I wasn't able to change mine either. However, it would only cost us $200 more to stay at Caribbean Beach in a Pirate room. Any thoughts? Would it be better to just stay at Pop the whole time or change our reservation to the Pirate rooms?

No discount for me this year. Oh, well, Pop at Rack Rate is still cheaper than anywhere I could get a discount. I think my main problem is my dates, but I really can't//don't want to change them.

@Andrea464 - I love POFQ, but it is almost impossible to ever get a discount there. :sad1:

No discount for me this year. Oh, well, Pop at Rack Rate is still cheaper than anywhere I could get a discount. I think my main problem is my dates, but I really can't//don't want to change them.

@Andrea464 - I love POFQ, but it is almost impossible to ever get a discount there. :sad1:
We're staying at Pop, too. I wasn't able to find anything close to what we are paying. The only thing I found close was to pay $200 more and get a pirate room at CBR, but I'm finding out that that's not a good switch. I think I'll stay with Pop!

We're staying at Pop, too. I wasn't able to find anything close to what we are paying. The only thing I found close was to pay $200 more and get a pirate room at CBR, but I'm finding out that that's not a good switch. I think I'll stay with Pop!

I've never stayed at CBR, but it really doesn't appeal to me - so sprawling and spread out. I really liked staying at POP this year; it's big, but a fairly compact footprint. I booked Preferred and had a great location in the 70s, and am hoping for the same next year.

If I could get POFQ (my fave) for $200 more than POP, I would take it, but otherwise POP is my preference.

I've never stayed at CBR, but it really doesn't appeal to me - so sprawling and spread out. I really liked staying at POP this year; it's big, but a fairly compact footprint. I booked Preferred and had a great location in the 70s, and am hoping for the same next year.

If I could get POFQ (my fave) for $200 more than POP, I would take it, but otherwise POP is my preference.
I would take POFQ, too! That's our favorite so far that we've stayed at. I would easily pay $200 more for POFQ. We just have a standard room at Pop and I'm hoping for either building 10 or 6.

Officially booked for February getting out of town for Mardi Gras break. 10th-14th at the Yatch Club. Booked yesterday with the RO discount plus the extra Visa discount for $324 a night. Never stayed at the Epcot resorts before so we are super excited. DH, DD and myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts