Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I was replying to the poster that was park hopping between MK and DHS and that poster mentioned the monorail. You can use the monorail in combination with other transportation to get to DHS but it's not the quickest way since you have to go through Epcot.

I will be park hopping from MK to DHS. We have a rental vehicle, is the quickest way to just drive from one to the other? monorail go between these?

I think I posted my first question in the wrong place. It probably should have gone here!

OK, so we will be at Saratoga Springs, but have a dinner ADR for the Yachtsman Steakhouse. What's the easiest way to get there?
To complicate things more, we might be going from Epcot to the Yachtsman. Whats the best travel route from there?

OK, so we will be at Saratoga Springs, but have a dinner ADR for the Yachtsman Steakhouse. What's the easiest way to get there?
To complicate things more, we might be going from Epcot to the Yachtsman. Whats the best travel route from there?
If you're at Epcot, it's just a short walk over to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Exit Epcot through the International Gateway (not main entrance), and it's a short walk to the Yacht Club where the restaurant is located. If going to dinner directly from Saratoga Springs, I'd probably recommend taking a bus to Hollywood Studios and walking or taking the boat to the Yacht Club.

Change of plans...can someone tell me best way to get from Chef Mickey's to DHS to Disney springs?? Thanks!!!

Our last trip was in 2014 and I know the buses have switched up where they go from where and if they stop at other places. Is there a list somewhere show what buses goes to each place? (Im talking about the free buses, outside the parks)

Also is there any buses, (with in the park that you pay for) tht goes from one of the four main parks to the water parks?

We have a dining reservation at tusker house at 8:10 a.m in September. The park does not open till 9am. Will the bus get us there by 8:10 or should we try to find another way there? We're staying at Caribbean Beach resort.

We have a dining reservation at tusker house at 8:10 a.m in September. The park does not open till 9am. Will the bus get us there by 8:10 or should we try to find another way there? We're staying at Caribbean Beach resort.

Buses start running at 6:30 am every day.

We have BBB booked at DS one afternoon and then are heading to Epcot afterwards for dinner with the princesses. Is there bus transportation to Epcot from DS? Or is Taxi/Uber best bet? Thanks!

We have BBB booked at DS one afternoon and then are heading to Epcot afterwards for dinner with the princesses. Is there bus transportation to Epcot from DS? Or is Taxi/Uber best bet? Thanks!
No service direct to Epcot, but you could take a bus from DS to Beach Club Resort and walk a short entrance to Epcot's International Gateway.

Taxi or Uber would be best bet.

No service direct to Epcot, but you could take a bus from DS to Beach Club Resort and walk a short entrance to Epcot's International Gateway.

Taxi or Uber would be best bet.

Thank you! I didn't think there was a direct route - I do like the idea of going to BC first and walking over - such a quick walk. Thanks!

I'm a WDW novice so forgive me if this makes me seem daft. We're planning on spending the day at Epcot, but since it doesn't open until 9am we made an ADR for breakfast at Cape May Cafe for 7:45am in hopes that by the time we're done the park will be open.

So I guess my question is if we park at Epcot that morning would they let us walk through the park to the gateway to go have breakfast? Or would we have to park at the resort, go have breakfast, and then drive around to the Epcot parking lot? If that's the case, I may see about moving our reservation time.

I'm a WDW novice so forgive me if this makes me seem daft. We're planning on spending the day at Epcot, but since it doesn't open until 9am we made an ADR for breakfast at Cape May Cafe for 7:45am in hopes that by the time we're done the park will be open.

So I guess my question is if we park at Epcot that morning would they let us walk through the park to the gateway to go have breakfast? Or would we have to park at the resort, go have breakfast, and then drive around to the Epcot parking lot? If that's the case, I may see about moving our reservation time.
No, you can not walk through Epcot before opening to get to your ADR.

You have two options:
1. Park at Hollywood Studios, and walk to Cape May. It's about a 20 min walk, I think. You can also take the boat, but that usually takes longer. When you leave Epcot for the day, you can take the boat all the way from Epcot (international gateway entrance) to Hollywood, and your car.

2. Park at Beach Club with valet parking. By paying for valet parking, you can park there all day. So, after you finish breakfast, you can just take the short walk (or boat) to Epcot.

No, you can not walk through Epcot before opening to get to your ADR.

You have two options:
1. Park at Hollywood Studios, and walk to Cape May. It's about a 20 min walk, I think. You can also take the boat, but that usually takes longer. When you leave Epcot for the day, you can take the boat all the way from Epcot (international gateway entrance) to Hollywood, and your car.

2. Park at Beach Club with valet parking. By paying for valet parking, you can park there all day. So, after you finish breakfast, you can just take the short walk (or boat) to Epcot.

I didn't know you could use the valet parking at a resort where you aren't a guest, but after reading your suggestion and doing some research I think that sounds like the best/easiest option. Maybe we'll do that. Thanks so much!

Newbie here. Can anyone give me a guess-timate as to how long the bus rides are from AoA to the parks? are there a ton of stops? We will be in the World from the 11-14 of December

Newbie here. Can anyone give me a guess-timate as to how long the bus rides are from AoA to the parks? are there a ton of stops? We will be in the World from the 11-14 of December
AoA buses generally don't stop at other resorts. The only exception might happen if you're some of the last Guests leaving a park after closing, like more than an hour after.

Travel time to the parks should be 10-20 minutes. There's a lot of construction just getting under way near AoA for the new DHS entrance. I don't know how far along that will be in December, but it's possible it could cause traffic slowdowns.

Buses are supposed to run at least every 20 minutes, and should be more frequent around park opening and closing. But AoA is so large that you sometimes might have to wait for several buses to come and go at those times. Disney recommends allowing 60 minutes to get to a park, and 90 minutes traveling between resorts. Many people like to be at the bus stop 90 minutes early if they want to be at a park for rope drop or a breakfast ADR.

Hi, I need help. I plan to rent a car from Alamo at the Disney Car Center and will need to return it Sat 8/26. I read that they offer a shuttle to bring you back to your resort or to the TTC. I have an 8am tour scheduled at MK. What time do you recommend for dropping the car off in order to get to the tour on time. In addition, do you think the monorail or a bus will be running that early from TTC to get to MK on time? Or will I need to taxi/uber from TTC to MK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts