Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I don't think the boats will be running until around 8:00. I would walk, but you can Uber if you want.

Hi everyone. I need some help, please. I'm a total Disney newbie. I'm not staying at a Disney resort. I would like to get to Port Orleans Resort from TTC or Epcot at around 8am. Can anyone advise the quickest route, please? Or should I just Uber? Thank you :)

Hi everyone. I need some help, please. I'm a total Disney newbie. I'm not staying at a Disney resort. I would like to get to Port Orleans Resort from TTC or Epcot at around 8am. Can anyone advise the quickest route, please? Or should I just Uber? Thank you :)
Uber

Are the days of getting a direct bus to a water park from your resort over? I think I read somewhere that to get to Typhoon Lagoon we would have to catch a bus from Disney Springs or to get to Blizzard Beach we would have to catch a bus from Animal Kingdom?
If you stay at Coronado Springs you can go directly to Blizzard Beach on the Blizzard Beach or Winter/ Summerland bus. Depending on the time of day the Epcot to Coronado Springs bus will go to Blizzard Beach also.

If you stay at Coronado Springs you can go directly to Blizzard Beach on the Blizzard Beach or Winter/ Summerland bus. Depending on the time of day the Epcot to Coronado Springs bus will go to Blizzard Beach also.

Thank you, we are staying at Pop though. So I guess we’ll have to transfer from Epcot.

We're having dinner at GF Cafe and then sticking around to watch the MK fireworks from the Poly beach or maybe have a drink at Trader Sam's before we head back to our resort (BWI). I thought it may be less crowded of a line & bus ride if we took a bus to the Studios and then walk or boat back to the BWI, rather than take a bus to BWI from MK after fireworks...but Im not sure if I can get a bus to the Studios if it's after the 9pm Studios closing time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks~

We're having dinner at GF Cafe and then sticking around to watch the MK fireworks from the Poly beach or maybe have a drink at Trader Sam's before we head back to our resort (BWI). I thought it may be less crowded of a line & bus ride if we took a bus to the Studios and then walk or boat back to the BWI, rather than take a bus to BWI from MK after fireworks...but Im not sure if I can get a bus to the Studios if it's after the 9pm Studios closing time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks~
No, you cannot ride a bus from a resort to a closed park.

If you don't want to deal with the MK exit crowds and don't need a car seat, consider Uber or Lyft.

How do we get from AK where we'll be for the day (2 adults) to Jiko for dinner? We won't have a car and are using a Disney bus to get to the park. Can Uber pick up at the park entrance?

How do we get from AK where we'll be for the day (2 adults) to Jiko for dinner? We won't have a car and are using a Disney bus to get to the park. Can Uber pick up at the park entrance?

They can, but that's a short (5 minute) bus ride.

Animal Kingdom has a dedicated bus to the lodge. Kidani Village is the first stop and Jambo is second. Load zone 10, middle walkway.

What is the boat route for WL, FW, and CR? We will be staying at WL and heading over to Hoop de doo. How long of a ride is it? Also going to be going to Chef Mickeys one day, maybe from WL. Just curious if it goes from WL to FW to CR or WL, CR, FW. Just trying to plan on how much time to give before our ADR. Would being at the docks 35-40 minutes before our ADR be sufficient?

What is the boat route for WL, FW, and CR? We will be staying at WL and heading over to Hoop de doo. How long of a ride is it? Also going to be going to Chef Mickeys one day, maybe from WL. Just curious if it goes from WL to FW to CR or WL, CR, FW. Just trying to plan on how much time to give before our ADR. Would being at the docks 35-40 minutes before our ADR be sufficient?
It goes both ways. There are generally 2 boats on the loop, one running clockwise and the other running counterclockwise. They're timed to meet at CR and leave there at about the same time.

Traveling directly from WL to FtW is probably 5-10 minutes. WL to CR is under 5 minutes. I believe the boats run every 15 or 20 minutes. I think you'd want to be at the dock at least 45 minutes before your ADR, and maybe a bit earlier for HDDR.

We haven't been to WDW in a few years, and I read somewhere that there is now direct transportation between parks, and you don't need to go through security when you get to the next park. Is this right?
So if I am at Epcot and I want to go to AK, I go to a special area and get on the bus, then it takes me to AK to an area that isn't the front gate and I don't have to go through security again?

We haven't been to WDW in a few years, and I read somewhere that there is now direct transportation between parks, and you don't need to go through security when you get to the next park. Is this right?
So if I am at Epcot and I want to go to AK, I go to a special area and get on the bus, then it takes me to AK to an area that isn't the front gate and I don't have to go through security again?

There has always been direct transportation between parks, but what you're describing is a service they tested out last year, but have discontinued, apparently due to not enough people using it.

Oh that sucks. I was so looking forward to it!
No, you always had to go to a hotel between parks. There was no direct busing between parks....

Sorry, but that's not true.

Our first few trips in the early 2000’s there was no direct busses between parks. You had to go to the TTC or a resort and get on the bus for the Park you wanted to go to.

Our first few trips in the early 2000’s there was no direct busses between parks. You had to go to the TTC or a resort and get on the bus for the Park you wanted to go to.
That was only true if MK was one of the parks. There has always been direct transportation between the rest of the parks.

Basically, there has always been direct transportation between the parks, but MK's "front door" used to be the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter