Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Is Uber allowed to pick up on Disney property? I'm travelling alone and the Minnie Car service seems a bit steep.

I’ve tried searching through the forum for the answer to this specific question, but had little success. At either of the water parks, do they offer bus service to the other parks after a certain hour? I’d like to finish up my day at Epcot after a day at Typhoon Lagoon and just want to go straight from the water park to Epcot. Is my only/best option to take Uber?

I am wondering the options for going from disney springs to hollywood studios - also which is the fastest?

I’ve tried searching through the forum for the answer to this specific question, but had little success. At either of the water parks, do they offer bus service to the other parks after a certain hour? I’d like to finish up my day at Epcot after a day at Typhoon Lagoon and just want to go straight from the water park to Epcot. Is my only/best option to take Uber?
No bus. Uber, Lyft, taxi, or Minnie Van.

I am wondering the options for going from disney springs to hollywood studios - also which is the fastest?
Uber, Lyft, taxi, or Minnie Van is fastest.

Free options:
  • Walk to bus stop at SSR (about 0.5 mi.), then bus to DHS (probably fastest free option.)
  • Bus to Pop or AoA, then bus to DHS.
  • Boat to OKW or POFQ, then bus to DHS.
  • Bus to Swan, then boat to DHS (after boats return from refurb.)
  • Bus to BW or Swan, then walk to DHS (about 0.9 mi.)

Last edited:
I read elsewhere to go from MK to DHS you need to go to the TTC to take a bus. The first post here looks like there is a bus from MK. Which is correct?

I read elsewhere to go from MK to DHS you need to go to the TTC to take a bus. The first post here looks like there is a bus from MK. Which is correct?
The information here is correct. The TTC advice is maybe a decade outdated at this point.

Hey All! Quick question for ya:

I have a KTTK Tour at MK 8am on the the 24th. The park officially opens at 9:00am. We will be staying at Boardwalk - Party of 2

Per the bus operation on Disney:
  • Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing.
Is our only option Uber or similar? What's the best option for us?

Hey All! Quick question for ya:

I have a KTTK Tour at MK 8am on the the 24th. The park officially opens at 9:00am. We will be staying at Boardwalk - Party of 2

Per the bus operation on Disney:
  • Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing.
Is our only option Uber or similar? What's the best option for us?
Buses start running at 6:30 AM every morning. On days when parks open at 7AM, they start even earlier. Ignore that info on the Disney site.

Hi Everyone! Staying at All Star Sports in November. Made a couple breakfast reservations. One at Trails End for 7:30am and one at The Wave at 7:45am. Will we be able to take the bus that early from Sports?

Hi Everyone! Staying at All Star Sports in November. Made a couple breakfast reservations. One at Trails End for 7:30am and one at The Wave at 7:45am. Will we be able to take the bus that early from Sports?
The Wave should be OK. If you're at the bus stop by 6:30, you should be able to get to MK by 7:15, and from there it's about a 15-minute walk, or you can ride the Resort Monorail, which usually starts running at 7a.m.

Trails' End will be difficult. The boats from MK start running 30 minutes before park opening. You could walk from MK to CR where the boats to FtW start earlier, but I don't think you'd make it in time. The only hope is if you tell the MK bus driver where you're going, and he gets permission to drop you at Trails' End, but that's not a sure bet.

Uber or Lyft cannot take you to Trails' End. They can drop you at CR or WL where you can get the boat (starting at 6:45), or at FtW Outpost where you can get an internal shuttle bus, which I think starts running by 7.

A Minnie Van can drop you right at Trails' End.

I'm sure this is on here somewhere but I can not find it.
Can someone tell me what disney transportation is available between parks? and how long it takes to travel between the parks?
TIA

I'm sure this is on here somewhere but I can not find it.
Can someone tell me what disney transportation is available between parks? and how long it takes to travel between the parks?
TIA
  • MK
    • Monorail to Epcot, via TTC
    • Buses to other parks
  • Epcot
    • Monorail to MK
    • Buses to other parks (including DHS)
    • Boat to DHS, from IG in World Showcase
  • DHS
    • Buses to all parks (including Epcot)
    • Boat to Epcot IG
  • AK - Buses to all parks
Buses and boats run every 20 minutes; the Epcot Monorail about every 10 minutes. Travel time should be about 15 minutes. You should allow 45-60 minutes total if you need to be at a park by a set time.

The boats between DHS & Epcot IG are currently not running due to bridge refurbishment. The last I heard was that they should be back by the end of June.

ETA: boat between DHS & Epcot IG takes longer than buses or monorail, perhaps around 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Hey all! I'm new here and have a quick question...

If we have a BOG breakfast ressie at 8:15 do we need to be at the bus stop at 6:30 or would 7 or 715 be ok! I have no idea how long it takes to get from resorts to parks on a bus! LOL

We will be at Coronado Springs if that helps!

Thanks in advance!!

On our AK day, we want to leave around 12 for Disney Springs.
We usually bus, but I don't want to bus to a resort and then bus to DS so we had thought about Uber/Minnie Van.

My other thought was to drive. We never do, but thought this might be easier. AK has EMH that morning at 8am. and we are staying onsite. Will we have an issue getting into the parking lot around 7am? We never drive so I'm not sure how the parking lots are handled that early in the AM
Thanks for any help!

Hey all! I'm new here and have a quick question...

If we have a BOG breakfast ressie at 8:15 do we need to be at the bus stop at 6:30 or would 7 or 715 be ok! I have no idea how long it takes to get from resorts to parks on a bus! LOL

We will be at Coronado Springs if that helps!

Thanks in advance!!
For an 8:15 adr at BoG, I would be at the MK bus stop by 7. You will most likely be on the second bus of the morning. The issue with these buses is that they don't come every 20 mins....could be up to every 30 mins. So, it's better to err on the side of too early.

On our AK day, we want to leave around 12 for Disney Springs.
We usually bus, but I don't want to bus to a resort and then bus to DS so we had thought about Uber/Minnie Van.

My other thought was to drive. We never do, but thought this might be easier. AK has EMH that morning at 8am. and we are staying onsite. Will we have an issue getting into the parking lot around 7am? We never drive so I'm not sure how the parking lots are handled that early in the AM
Thanks for any help!
The parking lots should be open at that time. There shouldn't be an issue getting in at that time. You could just go to AK and take their bus to DS. By the time you get to your car, drive out, and drive to DS, into the parking lot and park, it might be the same time to go to AK and transfer to a DS bus. But, that's up to you.

The parking lots should be open at that time. There shouldn't be an issue getting in at that time. You could just go to AK and take their bus to DS. By the time you get to your car, drive out, and drive to DS, into the parking lot and park, it might be the same time to go to AK and transfer to a DS bus. But, that's up to you.
No buses from AK to DS until 4 pm. I suspect you meant to say AKL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!