Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I tried doing a search so sorry if this has been answered already. Does GPS, for instance google/google maps on my phone, work for giving directions while navigating on Disney property. Can I use it to drive from our resort to the parks? Even with the signage, we still occasionally get turned around. :confused3

We are staying at BWI. Two questions:

1- for RD on MK day - bus or walk to Epcot and to monorail? MK is open at 9 and EP has EMH at 8 so IG should be open. For each option, what time should we leave?

2- For EMM at TSL (7:00 but we want to arrive 6:45) - I know we can walk but not excited about walking 20+ minutes at that time of the morning dragging two teens. I know, tough life. BUT- are there other options at that time of morning? Will boats be running that early?

Thanks!

Ok, obviously the answer to "what's the fastest way" is always Uber. My question is, when is Disney Transportation "good enough?"

We're in WL. I assume getting to MK will be a easy boat ride, except when bus is faster. So how about the following--which of these would you Uber?
  1. WL to AK
  2. AK to AKL for Jiko, or back to the park
  3. WL to EPCOT
  4. WL to HS
Assume there may even be back-and-forth for mid-day naps or emergency clothes changes etc.

We are staying at BWI. Two questions:

1- for RD on MK day - bus or walk to Epcot and to monorail? MK is open at 9 and EP has EMH at 8 so IG should be open. For each option, what time should we leave?

2- For EMM at TSL (7:00 but we want to arrive 6:45) - I know we can walk but not excited about walking 20+ minutes at that time of the morning dragging two teens. I know, tough life. BUT- are there other options at that time of morning? Will boats be running that early?

Thanks!
1. The walk through Epcot will take at least 20 mins, then wait for the monorail, ride to TTC, transfer to either the Express Monorail or the boat, get to MK. Nothing I would do. I would take the bus. For a 9am opening, be at the bus stop by 7:45 if you want to be closer to the front.

2. Boats run about an hour prior to park opening. If the boats are running at that time, you could wait 20 mins for the boat, then ride to DHS, 10 mins. I would just walk it. If walking, I would leave no later than 6:25.

Ok, obviously the answer to "what's the fastest way" is always Uber. My question is, when is Disney Transportation "good enough?"

We're in WL. I assume getting to MK will be a easy boat ride, except when bus is faster. So how about the following--which of these would you Uber?
  1. WL to AK
  2. AK to AKL for Jiko, or back to the park
  3. WL to EPCOT
  4. WL to HS
Assume there may even be back-and-forth for mid-day naps or emergency clothes changes etc.
I usually always opt for buses. But, if you don't care to take the time, then Uber is your best bet. I'm seldom in a rush to get anywhere, so buses work just fine. The one I would consider using Uber for would be when heading to Jiko.

1. The walk through Epcot will take at least 20 mins, then wait for the monorail, ride to TTC, transfer to either the Express Monorail or the boat, get to MK. Nothing I would do. I would take the bus. For a 9am opening, be at the bus stop by 7:45 if you want to be closer to the front.

2. Boats run about an hour prior to park opening. If the boats are running at that time, you could wait 20 mins for the boat, then ride to DHS, 10 mins. I would just walk it. If walking, I would leave no later than 6:25.

Thanks! Buses and walking it is. I kinda thought that through IG to monorail seemed like a long adventure but I'd seen several posts recommending it. HS morning I will bribe sleepy teens with promises of pastries and coasters. Might even steal their phones and use the dull blue glow to entice them onward.

Need to be a MK at 11:15 and we will be at Epcot what's the best way and how long does it take?
The monorail is going to be your best option. You'll most likely be in the front of Epcot, so I would head to the monorail by 10:15, 10:30 latest. There could be a 15 min wait for the monorail to come, then 10 min ride to TTC. Off that line and transfer to the Express line to go directly to MK.

What's the best way for 8 of us (youngest age 3 in car seat and grandparents who are active but we don't want to walk too crazy much) to get from Bay Lake Tower to Animal Kingdom? We'll be going pretty close to park opening. We will have a car and I understand parking is free at the parks for resort guests? But will we reduce a lot of walking by taking the bus? If we did uber or minnie vans we'd probably need 2 vehicles, so the price would be crazy.

What's the best way for 8 of us (youngest age 3 in car seat and grandparents who are active but we don't want to walk too crazy much) to get from Bay Lake Tower to Animal Kingdom? We'll be going pretty close to park opening. We will have a car and I understand parking is free at the parks for resort guests? But will we reduce a lot of walking by taking the bus? If we did uber or minnie vans we'd probably need 2 vehicles, so the price would be crazy.
I would just use the bus. Much easier all around.

Ok so here is the day I’m most concerned about, my son’s 5th birthday we are going to be at DHS that day but have an early dinner (3:45) at T-Rex in Disney Springs. I don’t want to have to leave the park more than an hour before hand so we can get as much park time as possible. So would you guys suggest doing an Uber? Are there even buses that run direct from DHS to Disney Springs?

Ok so here is the day I’m most concerned about, my son’s 5th birthday we are going to be at DHS that day but have an early dinner (3:45) at T-Rex in Disney Springs. I don’t want to have to leave the park more than an hour before hand so we can get as much park time as possible. So would you guys suggest doing an Uber? Are there even buses that run direct from DHS to Disney Springs?
Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van is your best option at that time as buses do not start running from the parks to Disney Springs until 4pm.

Taking the new Taste of the Magic Kingdom Tour in May, have to be at Tony's Town Square Restaurant at 8:45 am (9am MK opening that day). We are staying at BWV and my husband will be on a scooter. How early do the buses run?

Laura

Taking the new Taste of the Magic Kingdom Tour in May, have to be at Tony's Town Square Restaurant at 8:45 am (9am MK opening that day). We are staying at BWV and my husband will be on a scooter. How early do the buses run?

Laura
Buses begin running at 6:30am. Not saying a bus will be at every resort exactly at 6:30 but soon thereafter.

If I’m at MK and I have lunch at Sanaa, what’s the best way? I was thinking bus to AKL and then walking. Will the bus take me to the section where Sanaa is? Does anyone know how long of a walk that is? Should I bite the bullet and take an uber? Do I take that from the TTC?? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

If I’m at MK and I have lunch at Sanaa, what’s the best way? I was thinking bus to AKL and then walking. Will the bus take me to the section where Sanaa is? Does anyone know how long of a walk that is? Should I bite the bullet and take an uber? Do I take that from the TTC?? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Just take the bus. Get off at the Kidani Village stop (not the Jambo House stop) at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!