Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Epcot IG to BW is a 5-minute walk. You could take the boat, but it would take longer. Even if the boat was loading at the dock as you arrive at IG, it would take about the same time as walking.

If DHS is still open, I would take bus to DHS & Skyliner to Pop. It's your choice as to whether you'd prefer a boat ride to MK or another Skyliner ride. Consider that the bus from MK to Pop could be crowded depending on your travel time in relation to fireworks or park closing. Bus from WL is certain to be nearly empty, and you'll always have a seat on the Skyliner.
My understanding is that to get to a park from Hoop-Dee-Doo will require 2 buses within the campground and then 2 skyliners to get back to Pop.

My understanding is that to get to a park from Hoop-Dee-Doo will require 2 buses within the campground and then 2 skyliners to get back to Pop.
Yes -- OP asked to get from WL to Pop.

It's unclear to me which night they're doing HDDR and which night is Storybook. They may be thinking that HDDR is also at WL.

The Skyliner transfer at CBR should be trivial, since some Guests traveling from DHS will be staying at CBR. Unless both DHS & Epcot are exiting at the same time, in which case there might be a queue for the Pop line.

It's unclear to me which night they're doing HDDR and which night is Storybook. They may be thinking that HDDR is also at WL.

Yes, i knew they are at different locations, but I assumed (from looking at the map) they are close to each other and the transportation method would be the same... Which obv is wrong here... o_O
We will do both at 6pm (HDDR at 6.15pm i think) and it would be either from Disney Springs or TL..

From Disney Springs or TL to either HDDR and Storybook will be by bus, right ?
We have slight preference to do the HDDR on first day after Disney Springs and then Storybook after TL just because HDDR seems like gonna be a longer dinner..

So from HDDR, best is by using the boat to MK and then take the bus back to Pop..
Unless if MK is closing at 8pm, then we have to consider taking the 2 buses to DHS and skyliner to Pop..

And from Storybook, if DHS is still open then the taking 1? bus there then the skyliner is the best option...
If not, then boat to MK and bus back to Pop is the second option...

Again, thank you so much for all the help... we really appreciate it...
I hope i'm understanding this correctly now...

Last edited:
Yes, i knew they are at different locations, but I assumed (from looking at the map) they are close to each other and the transportation method would be the same... Which obv is wrong here... o_O
We will do both at 6pm (HDDR at 6.15pm i think) and it would be either from Disney Springs or TL..

From Disney Springs or TL to either HDDR and Storybook will be by bus, right ?
We have slight preference to do the HDDR on first day after Disney Springs and then Storybook after TL just because HDDR seems like gonna be a longer dinner..

So from HDDR, best is by using the boat to MK and then take the bus back to Pop..
Unless if MK is closing at 8pm, then we have to consider taking the 2 buses to DHS and skyliner to Pop..

And from Storybook, if DHS is still open then the taking 1? bus there then the skyliner is the best option...
If not, then boat to MK and bus back to Pop is the second option...

Again, thank you so much for all the help... we really appreciate it...
I hope i'm understanding this correctly now....
They're actually at 2 different resorts. Storybook is at Wilderness Lodge, HDDR is at Fort Wilderness Campground. WL is a normal resort, with a single bus stop. It has boats to MK, and bus service to all other parks and DS.

FtW is more complicated. It is spread out over about a mile and a quarter. Bus service to/from DS and all parks except MK is at the south end, known as the Outpost. Boat service to/from MK is at the north end, known as the Settlement. Internal shuttle buses run between the Outpost & the Settlement.

HDDR is at the Settlement, and the boat dock is a short walk away. But if you take a bus to FtW, you would then need to take a shuttle bus to the Settlement to get to HDDR.

WL & FtW both have boats to MK, and they also have boats to CR and each other. And there's a bus between WL and FtW Settlement.

So -- to get from DS or TL to WL, you can take a bus direct.

To get from DS or TL to HDDR, you can take the bus to FtW and transfer to the shuttle bus. There are no buses from either DS or TL to MK, but you could take a bus to CR and then the boat to FtW. Or you could take a bus to WL, and then either a boat or a bus to FtW. FYI, the boats on these routes do not accommodate wheelchairs or unfolded strollers.

To travel between resorts, you always need to transfer at an open theme park or DS. From WL, you can boat to MK and then bus to Pop, or bus to DHS and then Skyliner to Pop. but remember that whatever park you transfer at needs to be open, including EMH or after-hours hard ticket events.

After HDDR, it would probably be best to get to MK, if it's still open. You could take the boat, but there may be a line. Disney has also been running buses from the Settlement to MK in the evening, for the convenience of Guests dining at HDDR or enjoying other evening activities at the Settlement. There may also be buses available at the end of HDDR going directly to other resorts, particularly for the late show; ask cast members whether they are available. I think those buses to the resorts will be running if MK closes earlier than the end of HDDR. if DHS is open, you could also take the shuttle bus to either the Outpost or WL and then a bus to DHS for the Skyliner, but it would probably take longer than the other options.

Does a bus go from DS to the parks, specifically, Epcot? Or am I better to catch a bus from DS to BC or BW then walk to IG?

Does a bus go from DS to the parks, specifically, Epcot? Or am I better to catch a bus from DS to BC or BW then walk to IG?
I do not think so, however a bus from DS can take you to CR, and from there you could monorail to Epcot (but you would STILL have to transfer monorails at TTC I believe) to Epcot. You could do likewise to a monorail resort and monorail there, (again changing Monorail lines). You could also bus to BC, BW, or YC and then walk or boat to Epcot. If your trying to save time however, these may not be the best options. I wouldprefer a 'minnie-van'/Uber/Taxi/car direct if it were me, becuse when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation and don't like wasting a lot of time walking and hopping bus after bus.

Thanks Joel and Pluto! After 30-40 plus trips under my belt I should know this, but I seldom dont have my car at any of the parks or DS especially these days, but we will be flying lots more upcoming trips as my age, eyesight and mostly crazy drivers have compelled me to take to the air more.

I've tried searching (and think the answer is no)--but is there a walking path from POFQ to Disney Springs?

Staying at POP and have a 10:30 breakfast reservation at Boma. With just using Disney transportation (not interested in paying for Minnie van), what would be the easiest way to get there. I originally thought a bus to MK, and then bus to AKL, but now I'm reading transportation from park to resorts doesn't start to 11am. Hope someone can help. (Travelling with a scooter)

Staying at POP and have a 10:30 breakfast reservation at Boma. With just using Disney transportation (not interested in paying for Minnie van), what would be the easiest way to get there. I originally thought a bus to MK, and then bus to AKL, but now I'm reading transportation from park to resorts doesn't start to 11am. Hope someone can help. (Travelling with a scooter)
Buses run from the parks to the resorts, but sometimes irregularly in the morning. If you're at a park waiting at a resort bus stop, and there is no bus scheduled to that resort, the cm on the platform will get one for you. Look for a cm working at a podium, and let them know where you're going; it may speed things up a bit.

MK is far out of the way. Take the bus from Pop to AK, and get a bus from there to AKL.

Also, when you get on the bus at Pop, tell the driver where you're going. They may offer to drop you at the resort, especially if you have a scooter.

Hey all!

Here now and just double checking... I can get a bus from HS to Epcot if I want to? I know We can walk, but our youngest may not be too keen on the idea, so just looking for options.

ETA: I just remembered the boats... I can do that too, right?

Hey all!

Here now and just double checking... I can get a bus from HS to Epcot if I want to? I know We can walk, but our youngest may not be too keen on the idea, so just looking for options.

ETA: I just remembered the boats... I can do that too, right?
Yes, both are available from Epcot to DHS: bus from main entrance, or boat from International Gateway.

I'm planning on taking a regular Lyft from Disney Springs to Magic Kingdom. I would need to have them drop me at the Contemporary, correct? To be dropped right at MK's entrance you have to use a Minnie van, I think.

Thanks for being here~~ I remembered this thread from years ago, and now I am planning a part solo/part friends trip and leaving next week! I'm also on a ECV and know that one WL boat does not accommodate the EVC. So these are my questions:
- 1st night at Boulder Ridge - bus to MK? Yes? Dinner at CG - I ride over to CR and can I take a boat back to WL after dinner?
- Breakfast at 1900's PF. WL to GF via boat? or to CR then monorail to GF? This has me stumped.
- Subsequent days at OKW - We have CM for birthday breakfast...bus to MK, then walk to CR or boat to DS and bus to CR?

There is always more to learn! Throw those gondolas in the mix next trip and I'll be totally lost again!! Thank you in advance.

Easiest way to get from Pop to Boma? We have a 10:30 breakfast reservation. Originally thought we could go to Animal Kingdom (the park) and then wait for bus to AKL. Now I am being told buses to resorts from parks do not begin until 11. Obviously to late for our reservation.

Then I was going to order an accessible minni e vans from the park, but you cannot order the accessible vans on app.

Any advice? I don't want to cancel reservation and certainly don't want to pay a lot for a minni e van, when Disney offers "free" transportation.

What is the easiest way to get from the Polynesian Village Resort to the Yachtsman Steakhouse that doesn't involve much walking?

What is the easiest way to get from the Polynesian Village Resort to the Yachtsman Steakhouse that doesn't involve much walking?
Monorail to MK & bus to Yacht Club would likely be fastest, but you will have to go thru security at the Monorail entrance.

Alternative is bus to DHS and boat to YC, but it may take 10-15 minutes longer because the boat is very slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!