Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Monorail to MK & bus to Yacht Club would likely be fastest, but you will have to go thru security at the Monorail entrance.

Alternative is bus to DHS and boat to YC, but it may take 10-15 minutes longer because the boat is very slow.
Great thanks! I won't need park tickets, right?

Sorry for the silly questions... I am staying off site for the first few days we arrive and then moving to OKW. Staying at the Doubletree 8/30/19 - 9/2/19. When you are at a park and you have the park hopper option, do you go to the bus terminal area to hop on another bus to take you to another park? I'm assuming it's labeled where to go if you're just park hopping and not going back to resort? Also, since the off site hotel is part of the extra magic hours, and MK opens at 7AM, what time would you suggest we get to park to make sure we have a good spot? (we'd probably Uber) Also I heard there was construction going on with MK and if we Uber there we are taken to the parking lot and then have to walk a bit to get to monorail which takes us to MK... is it easier to just Uber to Contemporary and take monorail to MK?

There is no 'fastest' way to AK from the Epcot resorts. They all share the same bus to AK..so you'll be making stops at S/D/YC/BC and then on to AK.
I have been on some early buses that didn't stop at the YC/BC though. You may get lucky.

Searched the thread and the above is the closest I can find to answering my question but it's not an exact fit. So I'll ask :)

I need to get from EP (Canada) to Animal Kingdom early evening. My plan is to walk to BC and grab the bus to AK. Is there a better way?

Last edited:
Sorry for the silly questions... I am staying off site for the first few days we arrive and then moving to OKW. Staying at the Doubletree 8/30/19 - 9/2/19. When you are at a park and you have the park hopper option, do you go to the bus terminal area to hop on another bus to take you to another park? I'm assuming it's labeled where to go if you're just park hopping and not going back to resort? Also, since the off site hotel is part of the extra magic hours, and MK opens at 7AM, what time would you suggest we get to park to make sure we have a good spot? (we'd probably Uber) Also I heard there was construction going on with MK and if we Uber there we are taken to the parking lot and then have to walk a bit to get to monorail which takes us to MK... is it easier to just Uber to Contemporary and take monorail to MK?
Not silly, quite reasonable.

Travel between MK & Epcot is by monorail; there is no bus. Between Epcot and DHS, you have a choice of either a bus from the main entrance, or a boat from the International Gateway. If you're traveling after 9/29, you'll also have the option of the Skyliner aerial gondola between Epcot IG & DHS.

Between all other parks -- yes, park-to-park buses leave from the same area as resort buses. Just check the directory at the bus depot.

Check with the hotel to see if they have EMH bus service. Several years ago, the Hilton was the only hotel that participated in EMH, and they did have bus service for it. I don't know whether that's been expanded now that all DS area hotels participate.

As things stand now, you do have to walk a bit to get from the Guest drop-off to the security check at TTC. I'm pretty sure the Guest drop-off itself isn't affected, but security is currently at the far end of the plaza. It's only a few minutes, but longer than usual. Many prefer to take Uber to the CR and walk from there, even before there was construction at the TTC.

Searched the thread and the above is the closest I can find to answering my question but it's not an exact fit. So I'll ask :)

I need to get from EP (Canada) to Animal Kingdom early evening. My plan is to walk to BC and grab the bus to AK. Is there a better way?
From Canada, the walking distance to the BC bus stop is the same as the distance to the bus depot outside Epcot main entrance (0.6 mi.). I think it's a toss-up as to which would be faster.

Not sure how up-to-date my search results are. Are there direct buses from MK to DHS? Is that the fastest way to get from MK to DHS using complimentary transportation? Thanks!

I'm new to Uber and Lyft. The Minnie vans are Lyft right? Do they pop up as an option when you at WDW or is there some way you need to specify? Just curious because I'm planning on doing extra extra magic hours at DHS one day on our upcoming trip but will be returning to the resort by around 7:30 if possible to join my wife for breakfast and the rest of the day at Epcot. I'm not sure the buses will be running back to the resorts that early and would like an alternative just in case.

I'm considering hurrying to MK for After Hours on September 12. I will be in Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. 1) Are buses running from DHS to MK? 2) Do you think there is enough time to get to MK by the start of After Hours at 10? and 3) Would Lyft/Uber be the best bet?

take Uber/Lyft would be the faster way to get there. You could also see if the bus to CR is less crowded and hop on there and make the 10 minute walk to MK from CR.

Last edited:
take Uber/Lyft would be the faster way to get there. You could also see if the bus to CR is less crowded and hop on there and make the 10 minute walk to MK from CR.
Apologies, but I have a follow up question. Where is the Lyft/Uber pickup at DHS right now? I had difficulty locating it last time, with the construction and parking lot changes.

Apologies, but I have a follow up question. Where is the Lyft/Uber pickup at DHS right now? I had difficulty locating it last time, with the construction and parking lot changes.
At the curb by the Skyliner station. There are Rideshare signs. The construction is complete.

At the curb by the Skyliner station. There are Rideshare signs. The construction is complete.
Thank you so much for your response! I hadn't realized all of the construction was complete.

One last question, as I am now thinking I'll just head over to DHS for Fantasmic on my Epcot night. How long would you budget to get from International Gateway to DHS? I don't mind walking if it's not oppressively hot, but feel like I'll likely be taking the boat.

Thank you so much for your response! I hadn't realized all of the construction was complete.

One last question, as I am now thinking I'll just head over to DHS for Fantasmic on my Epcot night. How long would you budget to get from International Gateway to DHS? I don't mind walking if it's not oppressively hot, but feel like I'll likely be taking the boat.
The full boat trip takes 25-30 minutes. I think they run every 20 minutes, so you would need to allow 50 minutes just for the trip. I think you should arrive at the theater entrance 30 minutes before show time, and allow another 15 minutes to get thru security and walk down Sunset Blvd., and you're at around 90 minutes before show time.

The full boat trip takes 25-30 minutes. I think they run every 20 minutes, so you would need to allow 50 minutes just for the trip. I think you should arrive at the theater entrance 30 minutes before show time, and allow another 15 minutes to get thru security and walk down Sunset Blvd., and you're at around 90 minutes before show time.
Thank you! I’ll probably just plan to walk to make sure I get there early enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter