OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and called this morning as soon as the phone lines opened, primarily to check availability for changing from Chefs to Tutto Italia but also for this issue. The CM said that they are charging everyone who books online and you can only use the DDP Guarantee bnooking through the phones. I am not sure about the accuracy of her statement, but do know that when I rebooked for Tutto Italia over the phone, my card was not charged and they did indeed use the DDP Guarantee with CC hold. I cancelled my original reservation for Chefs so the $600+ charges will be debited back to me in 7-10 business days.

I just got off the phone with Dining and they were able to cancel my existing reservations and redo them with the Dining Plan guarantee. I was also told 7-10 days for the refunds. It was a painless process thankfully but I am crossing my fingers that the refunds show up quickly. I hadn't planned on that happening.

I'm glad I stopped myself before I made a third reservation for "just in case". Lol!

I got off the phone with a CM. She had to cancel my original reservation and issue me a new one with a new confirmation number. I was able to keep the same time dining and CP time. She said that they had this issue yesterday. My refund should be given in about 7-10 business. I'm assuming earlier since it came up as a pending charge and not charged yet.
I actually called in to book and the agent told me she had to charge me despite the dining plan. I've now called back and they are refunding me. Even the agent now is flabbergasted that someone would tell me that!

PS - all I did was search for the CP, it brought it up, and I used the drop downs.

So since I was already charged, they won't take it out of my dining plan when I am there?
I just wanted to reserve with DxDP but was going to pay OOP.

They should have record that we were charged right?

Got Garden Grill PPO breakfast to see NPH! Called at 8:15am CT, was on hold less than 20 minutes. CM was able to see an earlier time (which I had just found myself online, but Stitch kept eating the page when I tried to book it) and modified my reservation to an earlier time. Wasn't as bad as I expected it might be.
Thanks for the help this morning about booking online!

Got what I wanted: Garden Grill lunch with 8:15 show on 12/9. The only thing I'm missing out on is NPH but we won't be there when he is so it's okay. Now I'm hoping for someone good!

I tried to get dinner or lunch for Tutto Italia for Nov 29, 30 and Dec 1 and there was no availability. :(

Did anyone else who booked online notice that the confirmation says the amount charged includes tax and gratuity? The e-mail confirmation I received didn't have that part, but when I look in MDE, it includes this:
Capture.JPG

The e-mail confirmation does that the blurb that an 18% gratuity will be added to parties of 6 or more.

Did anyone else who booked online notice that the confirmation says the amount charged includes tax and gratuity? The e-mail confirmation I received didn't have that part, but when I look in MDE, it includes this:
View attachment 413943

The e-mail confirmation does that the blurb that an 18% gratuity will be added to parties of 6 or more.
18% is standard for larger parties, yes, six or more.

View attachment 413943

I booked yesterday and it connected straight to MDE. I still have not received an email confirmation. The agent yesterday specifically told me that the payment included taxes but NOT gratuity. Interesting.

I booked yesterday and it connected straight to MDE. I still have not received an email confirmation. The agent yesterday specifically told me that the payment included taxes but NOT gratuity. Interesting.

Same for me. My package is priced at $85 and the charge on my card is $90 and change so mine definitely didn’t include gratuity. Hope servers aren’t negatively impacted by bad email language.

I was told the total did not include gratuity.
Glad I saw this info., my server would have been short changed! This is the first time I've been to WDW in December in about 8 years. Wasn't the gratuity included for the dinner packages in past years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter