OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a refund, fastpass, rescheduling, or whatever for those that got the dinner package?

I think cancellation is a rarity. I'm so sorry to those who it impacted. I'm not sure of the process when that happens - I would imagine there is a refund. I'd think a rescheduling would be pretty tough to coordinate given all the performers. Hopefully someone can post about how it was handled. I have attended in the rain before. One tip is to perhaps pack an extra hand towel from the hotel room in your bag to dry off your seat (please return it) and/or bring a garbage bag to spread out to sit on. Also, ponchos are advisable … I believe they ask you not to use umbrellas so as not to obstruct the view of those behind you.

At the very very front of the seating. That area is under cover but you could still get wet if the wind is blowing the rain sideways! You will have to arrive very very early for those seats and some of them may be reserved? I did notice some reserved signs on the last row of these seats.
We have the dining package for a 5:00 show- what time do you recommend we line up and where is the line?

I think cancellation is a rarity. I'm so sorry to those who it impacted. I'm not sure of the process when that happens - I would imagine there is a refund. I'd think a rescheduling would be pretty tough to coordinate given all the performers. Hopefully someone can post about how it was handled. I have attended in the rain before. One tip is to perhaps pack an extra hand towel from the hotel room in your bag to dry off your seat (please return it) and/or bring a garbage bag to spread out to sit on. Also, ponchos are advisable … I believe they ask you not to use umbrellas so as not to obstruct the view of those behind you.
Good advice!
We have the dining package for a 5:00 show- what time do you recommend we line up and where is the line?
We arrived at about 4:20 which was enough time to get a seat but I would say the area was about 80% full at that time. The line starts at the theater and extends towards Japan for those with dining packages. Not sure who your narrator is but if it's a popular one and prime seating is desired, I would get there no later than 1 hour ahead of start time and possibly earlier!

We watched in in the rain on the 12th. We had ponchos, however they did make everyone with umbrellas close them, several people left when asked to take them down. It was still beautiful and magical even in the rain. I wish we has thought to bring something to dry the bench, but I guess our pants were good enough. :)

We got in the dining package line 30 minutes before our 645 show on 12/16 with Pat Sajak. The line was super long and we were worried we wouldn't get a seat, but we got in before the show start and got two decent seats. If you have a larger group, I would recommend getting there earlier. The standby line was crazy. They don't seem to hold many standby seats.

We went Dec. 7 for the 8:15 show. Whoopi Goldberg. Really enjoyed it. I don't think the narrator would really affect my enjoyment of the show, as I'm more about the music which was brilliant. Did dining package at Coral Reef which we both really enjoyed, and had fabulous seats right near the tank. Didn't get to the line up until later. I don't recall the time, but the line was almost to France. That allowed me time to sneak into one of the Morocco places to get a glass of wine each - sure wish I had gotten the name because it was really good! Even though we didn't line up early (for us that was the purpose of the dining package - assured seating without having to stand in line for an excessive time), we got great seating. Really didn't look like there was any bad seats, save for those being directly behind a tree.
Glad we were able to attend, glad we didn't spend a lot of time waiting in line.

For those who have eaten at the Biergarten, what types of food were offered at the buffet?
I don't know for sure but I believe it is the same offerings that they typically have ... they may have some special items on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. The typical menu consists of some salads (cucumber and macaroni get mentioned a lot), sausages, sauerkraut, a carving station, salmon, potatoes, schnitzel, spaetzle, desserts. This thread by someone who booked it this year for the Candlelight Processional or this one may be helpful. I know it was mentioned by many throughout this thread as their first choice so hopefully more will chime in on their experiences. I do know that they decorate for Christmas and it's particularly festive inside. Fun to start thinking ahead to next year, never too early - LOL. Definitely a magical time of year to visit!

Found this review the DIS did from July 2018 - might be helpful as well in terms of getting a sense of atmosphere and typical items.

Our daughter will be performing with her high school chorus in December. Where can I find out more in about the event? The WDW website wasn’t very helpful.

Our daughter will be performing with her high school chorus in December. Where can I find out more in about the event? The WDW website wasn’t very helpful.
If you are looking for information for this coming year, they won't release much until mid-summer. In terms of looking at previous years for ideas, you could check old threads here.

What would you like to know? My dd performed in a December show this past year. You are lucky you know so early! We didn't find out until mid-October and it was very, very hard to get availability for us to have a guaranteed seat (candlelight processional 'tickets' had gone on sale back in July). Feel free to pm me if you like!

Usually package info comes out end of June, I booked in early July.

I’m closing this thread. It was for 2019

if you have questions on the show, theme parks board will have that.
if you are interested in a dinner package, we will have a new thread when the info and narrators is released this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!