***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

For those that are surprising the kids how are you doing your FP reservations without them finding out? I about had a mini heart attack this morning when I realized that the FP window opens at 6:00 am central time, which is when DS13 gets up for school. Then I looked at the calendar again and realized that he has late arrival that day at school so I will be able to get it all done before he wakes up. (For the record, I don't have a laptop so I have to do it all on the desktop . . . in the kitchen!)
We homeschool our kids and no one is up at 6 AM besides me. My husband is not even up then. I'm going to have to set an alarm for it. My bigger concern will be remembering to do it at 6 AM.

so of course I went today to try to continue my dining reservation making and the site is wonky again. :rolleyes:

I actually decided to do dining reservations today too! Lol. DH and I had decided we were not going to do any sit downs but have changed our mind. Finally got the site to cooperate.

If anyone else was waiting, Rivers of Light packages are now avaliable for January! Got my Tusker House breakfast this morning!

Just swapped my Lunchtime booking for a ROL dining package now super happy.

So apart from me wanting to change my BOG booking as I don't like the timing (boo hoo epic first world problem) all my dining is sorted yay :cool1:

Which means my plans are nearly complete, just waiting for the FP window.

So apart from FOP, which I assume is still going to be the one to get, I'm quite relaxed about the rest.

As even though coming from the UK doesn't make it the cheapest of holiday you tend to stay longer - So I'm hoping to get all the other Tier ones I want, spread out over my two week break. :cheer2:

I told my daughters teacher at parent/teacher conferences this week that were taking her out of school (she is in 2nd grade). It's been an area of stress for me because I never thought I would take my kids out of school for vacation. She was AMAZING about it. She said, at this age, time with family will have much more of an impact than anything I will teach in that time. I was so relieved.

I told my daughters teacher at parent/teacher conferences this week that were taking her out of school (she is in 2nd grade). It's been an area of stress for me because I never thought I would take my kids out of school for vacation. She was AMAZING about it. She said, at this age, time with family will have much more of an impact than anything I will teach in that time. I was so relieved.

This times 1000. I know this has been a much discussed topic lately and is somewhat controversial (mainly for the people who feel strongly that they should not miss school for vacation, which is fine, everyone has their own opinions!). I am 100% that parents make decisions for their kids, and I totally agree with your teacher! We have kids going that will miss a week of school in 4K, other elementary grades, & 1 in high school. We are all very excited that we can have family time and take advantage of less busy (and therefore less stressful) time to experience the magic!

So FPs are the only thing left to figure out. The new Pandora rides are my unknown. Has anyone in this group been to Pandora before? We have two AK days planned. I wonder if I should FP FOP one day and Na'vi the next OR should I FP FOP both days and do standby for Na'vi? Our AK days fall at the end of our trip, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem to get FOP FPs.

So FPs are the only thing left to figure out. The new Pandora rides are my unknown. Has anyone in this group been to Pandora before? We have two AK days planned. I wonder if I should FP FOP one day and Na'vi the next OR should I FP FOP both days and do standby for Na'vi? Our AK days fall at the end of our trip, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem to get FOP FPs.
During our trip in September, we couldn't get passes for FOP, but did get Na'vi.

And although Na'vi was beautiful, it isn't, in my opinion, worth waiting any more than 20 minutes. And for our trip in Jan, I plan on skipping it, unless there is a day that I can't get FOP.

During our trip in September, we couldn't get passes for FOP, but did get Na'vi.

And although Na'vi was beautiful, it isn't, in my opinion, worth waiting any more than 20 minutes. And for our trip in Jan, I plan on skipping it, unless there is a day that I can't get FOP.

Thanks for this info. I need to start paying attention to Na'vi wait times on the Disney app to see what we'd be in for if we do wait.

Well, I just found this thread, but we have a trip booked from January 3rd-9th. We are going to check out Universal for the first time and will be there from the 3rd to the 5th, and then we'll head over to Disney from the 5th to the 9th. It will be just me and my 11 year old son-my hubby isn't a fan. I've been tweaking plans and trying to figure out which parks to hit when. I'm just making a few dining ressies, so those are set. We booked EMM for our last day and I'm super excited about that. We're staying at All Star Music. We wanted to stay at the Pop but it had no availability when we are there. I know we will be there the weekend of the marathon. I'm just hoping it won't be too crazy. We've gone in January twice before, but never marathon weekend. Anyone have any experience with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!