***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Just scored a FoP FP for Jan 13th!! They opened up a ton of times!

Thanks so much for posting. I already had a FoP FP, but your post made me check to see if I could get a SDMT FP for the morning of our first day in the parks, 1/15. I could only get an afternoon SDMT FP when I first booked FPs. I checked a bunch of times in the week after, but there was never anything available. I checked again just now and was able to get it at the exact time I wanted! :banana:

Now I just have to find that BOG PPO breakfast I’ve been stalking and my touring plan will be perfect! :laughing:

33 days left! :flower1:

I can’t wait to surprise my kids.
I can’t wait to get the hell out of Texas for a week
I can’t wait to not work and have fun for a week.
I can’t wait to eat all the Disney things (keto is off during Disney)
I can’t wait to see my kids and their happiness with all things Disney
I can’t wait to spend a week with my best friend.
I can’t wait. So ready and excited.

Im so pumped, we're doing so much fun stuff this trip. The Star Wars VR experience, plus The Edision *should* be open by the time we're down. I booked the Caring for Giants tour, plus im so happy to go back to Pandora. It was such a surprise to me how much i loved it (i was a CYNIC before hand) and i cant wait to be there again. Im so excited, but my husband is giving me grief because we have our 2 week honeymoon first, and im talking more about this disney trip haha

YAYY! Taking our first family trip Jan 13-19 and will be joined with a some family friends, as well.
Kids will be 3 and 6. We have reservations for Aof A (Little Mermaid) and Port Orlean- French Quarter. I need to decide in a few days which resort to pick and I cant seem to make this decision- Im so torn!!!

We will be doing MK- 2 days, AK - 1 day, HS -1 day. 1 day Springs/pool. It was a tough call deciding between Epcot and HS but HS won out. I hope we made the right choice!

YAYY! Taking our first family trip Jan 13-19 and will be joined with a some family friends, as well.
Kids will be 3 and 6. We have reservations for Aof A (Little Mermaid) and Port Orlean- French Quarter. I need to decide in a few days which resort to pick and I cant seem to make this decision- Im so torn!!!

We will be doing MK- 2 days, AK - 1 day, HS -1 day. 1 day Springs/pool. It was a tough call deciding between Epcot and HS but HS won out. I hope we made the right choice!

Great news on the trip and once you've decided on which Hotel I shall add it to the roll call.

As for your park choices it's a Disney trip so you're going to have a great time at any of the parks.

I know I'm way behind on posting replies/comments to these, sorry! Lots of madness with everyone slowly being taken out by stomach flu. I'm going to hope that was in replacement to everyone getting sick on our trip NEXT MONTH!

After a botched surprise trip we like to give notice, so we are telling them a month ahead so they have time to count down with us.

Same here and for the same dates! We are surprising DS 6 and DD4. I really wish I could talk to them about it as I go to make FP. I don't know if I should make FP for the princesses for all of us or just my daughter and I. My son isn't in to princesses but he's enjoyed all the movies and I think he might enjoy them, however, he might prefer to go off and do something else with his dad.

I hear this! We're telling everyone at Christmas, and actually telling them the "when" this time too because otherwise it's double work to prepare and surprise again (we've done that before, too!)...and this way they can count down and help pick (some) FP+ and change (some) around those I've made. (Lucky to have gotten all the "biggies" that I wanted everyone to try. I personally would let any of my family take my FP+ for anything since I got to take a solo trip in October and crushed every single thing I wanted to ride.) Our last day to personalize MBs is the 27th of Dec so I think we're going to tell them, then open up a webpage and let everyone start customizing their "wants". Then we have a Star Wars Lego Advent calendar we're saving JUST for the countdown in January! :D

I'm excited to let the kids kind of be in on the planning this time. My goal is getting everyone on 1-2 of their "must-do" attractions/M&Gs, and then try a bunch of stuff we've never done. We've never done the boat to Tom Sawyer Island (it was down the last 2 times kids went), and they've never seen the Country Bears!!! We at one point wanted to do like 10 days and do each park 2x but 5 kids (3 school age) makes that hard since we refuse to go during the summer/holidays with the kids.

Amped it's getting so close!! :D

Woohoo! Thanks to a post on this board I checked FOP fastpasses again. I was able to get overlapping ones for my husband and myself. Hopefully we can use rider swap so my MIL can go on later. She's going to take the kids on Navi River while we're on FOP.

Woohoo! Thanks to a post on this board I checked FOP fastpasses again. I was able to get overlapping ones for my husband and myself. Hopefully we can use rider swap so my MIL can go on later. She's going to take the kids on Navi River while we're on FOP.

I too was able to score a FOP Fastpass for the 28th thanks to someone posting that a bunch had opened up! YEAH! Thanks to the community! Very excited 52 days to departure :D

I too was able to score a FOP Fastpass for the 28th thanks to someone posting that a bunch had opened up! YEAH! Thanks to the community! Very excited 52 days to departure :D

I'm pretty happy. We weren't going to do FOP otherwise. We are travelling with a 3 year old and a 6 year old and getting to the park super early for rope drop madness, waiting in an hours long line mid day or staying until closing aren't options. I'm hoping we'll be able to do NJR without too much of a line if we go first thing so my husband and I get a chance to ride it.

1/17-1/23 Grand Floridian. First time with DS- he turns 2 while we're there!

ADRs-
1/18 Tusker House pre Rope Drop
1/19 Akershus Disney on Broadway Dining Package
1/20 BoG breakfast pre Rope Drop
1/20 Crystal Palace dinner
1/21 Tusker House RoL Dining Package
1/22 Chef Mickey breakfast
1/23 1900 Park Fare pre departure breakfast

We have the Dining Plan and my son is a big eater which is why there are so many buffets- he eats free at buffet! Thoughts?

Last edited:
1/8-1/13 at AKL. Going with my brother, his girlfriend, and my boyfriend. It's my boyfriend's first time there, and I'm so excited to introduce him to the magic! I've got all my ADR's ready and even scored a FP for FOP(though later than I wanted, I'll take anything as the boyfriend looooves Avatar)! Countdown is 33 days, I'm thinking packing should be my next beast to tackle, but the hopeful part of my is hoping for Disney-themed stuff for Christmas that I'd have to pack up anyway.

1/17-1/23 Grand Floridian. First time with DS- he turns 2 while we're there!

ADRs-
1/18 Tusker House pre Rope Drop
1/19 Akershus Disney on Broadway Dining Package
1/20 BoG breakfast pre Rope Drop
1/20 Crystal Palace dinner
1/21 Tusker House RoL Dining Package
1/22 Chef Mickey breakfast
1/23 1900 Park Fare pre departure breakfast

We have the Dining Plan and my son is a big eater which is why there are so many buffets- he eats free at buffet! Thoughts?
Excellent use of the DDP credits with RoL and the Broadway package :) I never tried CP but enjoyed everything else on your list and would do any of them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!