*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

I agree! I wore a jacket when in Orlando/Tampa in December and it was in the 60s.

Lived most of my life in NY, 60s in January up there is like a heatwave! I'd be in t-shirts and shorts :D
Saturday and Sunday it was 70 degrees here, crazy!!

How bout that low of 41 for our MK DAH night?! Sure hoping that changes, I’m trying to get away from the cold!!!
When we did MVMCP last month it was 46 and I felt it! Had a t shirt, long sleeve shirt and sweatshirt on lol so let's cross fingers it maybe goes up to at least......................48🙏

2 weeks to check-in! Extended forecast is saying high of 69. We are used to WDW in 90 degree weather. I have no idea how to pack! LOL

2 weeks to check-in! Extended forecast is saying high of 69. We are used to WDW in 90 degree weather. I have no idea how to pack! LOL
Layers! I prep for max 3 layers.. T-shirt, light hoodie and thicker hoodie. Between Swapping hoodies and/ or layering on top it gets me through the day. But just FYI, my family are at the park from about 10am to close - including late magic hours. We don’t return to the hotel during the day. By the 10 or 11pm rolls around, we are wearing hats and gloves too. But hey, we all love it and by bringing what we need, we enjoy every minute of it 😊

Stopping by to join the January 2020 party! We arrive on the 22nd and leave on the 28th. We’re staying at Beach Club for the first time and are excited to be at Epcot for a festival (we’re usually summer travelers). Kicking myself for not upgrading to APs during our August trip but what can you do.
I keep stalking the weather forecast but mostly for our area because I want to make sure a freak storm doesn’t derail our plans (we’re also in the DC area like so many others I’ve read on this thread).
I’m just excited for lower temperatures and lower humidity!

Layers! I prep for max 3 layers.. T-shirt, light hoodie and thicker hoodie. Between Swapping hoodies and/ or layering on top it gets me through the day. But just FYI, my family are at the park from about 10am to close - including late magic hours. We don’t return to the hotel during the day. By the 10 or 11pm rolls around, we are wearing hats and gloves too. But hey, we all love it and by bringing what we need, we enjoy every minute of it 😊

Thank you! We are hardcore at the park as well. Layers it is!

Seeing on social media that Fantasmic! will be closed for one day (Jan 22).

I kinda lost my cool when I saw this lol. We have had our park plans made for the past 6 months and our first day, Jan 22, we planned to see Fantasmic!. Now, I know that it is not the end of the world and we will just have to do some schedule changing, but I mean, COME ON! What are the chances? :lmao:

I kinda lost my cool when I saw this lol. We have had our park plans made for the past 6 months and our first day, Jan 22, we planned to see Fantasmic!. Now, I know that it is not the end of the world and we will just have to do some schedule changing, but I mean, COME ON! What are the chances? :lmao:

Bad timing! I nearly freaked out when I saw that announcement, too, but then realized our HS day is Jan 23. Hopefully it is working as expected after the day of refurbishment.

It is going to be a chilly first half of the week. I've always gone in spring/fall so I'm not sure how I feel about a "cold" day at Disney. Will be fun regardless.

That's my HS day too, I wonder if it might be slightly less crowds, I can hope 😂

Bad timing! I nearly freaked out when I saw that announcement, too, but then realized our HS day is Jan 23. Hopefully it is working as expected after the day of refurbishment.

It is going to be a chilly first half of the week. I've always gone in spring/fall so I'm not sure how I feel about a "cold" day at Disney. Will be fun regardless.

Hopefully everything works okay when it comes back! After I calmed down and looked at our schedule I realized we had another HS evening soo 🤞

The cold weather won't be truly cold, most of the time haha. We went in January a few years ago and the evenings were a bit nippy but being from the Northeast we were still in shorts cause it felt warm haha. Dress in layers that can be easily removed and reapplied!

That's my HS day too, I wonder if it might be slightly less crowds, I can hope 😂

Hope we can! The evening might be a little better but I have a feeling ROR will create crowds no matter what lol.

One week! This time next week, I should be headed back to my hotel after dinner at Boma (I guess that's my arrival-day tradition now; did it my last two trips as well).

Kind of disappointed that there's still no sign of a Space 220 opening... I was really hoping that'd be going by the time I got there.

One week! This time next week, I should be headed back to my hotel after dinner at Boma (I guess that's my arrival-day tradition now; did it my last two trips as well).

Kind of disappointed that there's still no sign of a Space 220 opening... I was really hoping that'd be going by the time I got there.
Us too!! Just one little week away! All day today I kept thinking about where we’ll be next Saturday. Can’t believe it’s almost here! 😄 It felt so far away for so long. Maybe we’ll cross paths. Have a great trip!

One more day! I am so dang excited.

This time tomorrow I will be flying off to what I’m pretty sure is going to be one of our best Disney days ever....nbd. 😂😆.

We will be checking into Poly for the first time, ordering the Twilight Feast then heading to MK for After Hours!!

3 days and counting! I need to decide to today if we want to purchase MM and I have yet to start packing! I thankfully have a day off of work tomorrow that should help. So excited to try Disney in January and the weather seems to be lining up well (from here, there, and even the flight path for our plane on departure day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter