*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Anyone else waiting to see Southwest fares for January? We'll be flying out of Houston or Austin, TX the week of Jan 21st!

We are going Jan 25-31st. Waiting for flights to be released this morning. There will be 8 of us. Me, DH and our 2 boys, 5&8 and My SIL and her husband and their 2 boys 5&11. We went in may for the 1st time, and nearly died it was so hot lol, so we decided to try again when it's cooler hoping its more enjoyable. They have never been.

Got Southwest flights for DS and I. 6797 points each way per person. Cash price was $108. This is a nonstop flight from Michigan. That's the best deal I've gotten for the last few years. And usually we go in September when no nonstops are offered.

Got Southwest flights for DS and I. 6797 points each way per person. Cash price was $108. This is a nonstop flight from Michigan. That's the best deal I've gotten for the last few years. And usually we go in September when no nonstops are offered.
ours were not that cheap. 10716 points each outgoing, and 8539 coming backx7. My flights were free. I think cash price was a bit over 2k for 7 ppl.

We don't have points, but we paid 889 for my family of five..non stop from Austin, TX. I think we did pretty good! We usually pay around 1100 for fall time. Wow....I'm glad that part is over!

We have a trip booked from Jan 11-19 for 11 people, including 4 kids and 3 grandparents. ADRs are secured and we got what we wanted, but I’m a bit nervous about getting FP+ for such a large group. But I know we have time to worry about that! Where do you all watch for announcements about EMM/DAH? Do we think they will start up Toy Story Land EMM after the extra extra magic hours are done? I wonder if they will have a Star Wars version.
We’ll be there those exact dates with a party of 7, staying at Boulder Ridge Villas. Me and DH, our son, his wife and two kids 10 and 18, plus my sister-in-law. As DVC members, DH and I have been countless times, but have never planned for this many people. I too have our ADRs all set and anxiously awaiting news of EMM.

BoG ADRs fill up immediately, but there's lots of cancellations over time, so you should be able to get it. Remember they can enter at 8 if their ADR is any time between 8 and 8:45. Also, I have checked many times just out of curiousity for a BoG ADR for the next day and most of the time there is something available. People cancel while they are on their trip and they decide to switch their plans around. You should be able to get what you are looking for.
We have an 8:40 am reservation at the Garden Grill, but I rrally wanted one at 8:00 AM.
so we can dash right onto Soarin’ as soon as it opens. if we check in right at 8:00 is there a chance we will be seated early? (I’m continually checking for an earlier time. We have a party of 7, so I had to break us into a group of 3 and a group of 4 in order to get the 8:40 slot.)

Touring Plans has a reservation finder tool. I usually get their subscription to help with our daily planning, so I'm not sure if you have to have a subscription to use it or just an account. It says it's just testing, but I've had success with it on past trips. You put in what restaurant and the time range you want and it basically constantly searches for it and will notify you when something comes up, you log in to Disney and reserve it if it's still there.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder
I’ve used this a couple of times with great results and i’m using it again for our Jan. 11-19 trip, trying to find an 8 AM reservation for 7 people at the Garden Grill. So far, the best I can get is 8:40, but I’ll keep trying.

The boyfriend and I are headed back January 25 - February 4th. Will be there for his birthday on the 26th.
Last time we were there was December 2018, his first time and we had so much fun.

Hotel is booked. We're staying offsite this time, we work on the road a lot and hotel rewards points are paying for our lodging.

Nice to meet everyone, and I'm looking forward to getting excited with you guys and gals. :D

Yay! Heading in on Jan 17-25th for a solo trip for my 40th birthday!
Split stay at AKL and BCV. Made a few ADRs, biggest is California Grill on the 17th for fireworks, then rope drop at MK on the 18th for my birthday!
So excited to make even more plans! Cant wait to find details on SWGE and Festival of the Arts!

Added an Oga's Cantina ADR to our plans, just to make sure we get into the land. My DH loves SW, I don't really care, but I am happy to explore anything immersive that Disney creates. We'll have a beer and look around. Since we'll be there the first week of January and crowd estimates are all at 10's, I didn't want to take a chance that we might not be able to even walk around. Anyone else going that week? I know it will be crazy crowded, but I wanted to make sure I will get to see the tree at WL.

I am in the process of booking dining and which days to go. Does this sound like a good plan?

Tuesday January 21: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday January 22: Hollywood Studios
Thursday January 23: Epcot
Friday January 24: Animal Kingdom
Saturday January 25: BREAK DAY AT UNIVERSAL
Sunday January 26: Magic Kingdom
- I have read that extra magic hours are very crowded since that benefit is allotted to more people, so I avoided doing the parks on days that happens. We will try and do rope drop or go early, I’m just worried about jet lag since we are coming from the west coast.
- I know park hours are shorter since it’s winter, and we are ok with that, but what is a good way to maximize time when you don’t have full park hours?

So excited to find this thread... So excited to be going back HOME!! Haven't been since I think 2012. This time I'm bringing my new(ish) husband who has never been. He hates crowds and screaming kids as much as I do, but I'm luring him with snacks and Star Wars, lol. (We're both HUGE sw nerds, so excited to some exponent over GE. :hyper:)

We'll be at Pop 1/24-2/1. I have airfare locked down now that SW finally released their schedule last week, I have our few ADR's set (doing qs ddp so just 'Ohana and 50's Prime Time until the new space restaurant is available), and I have a reservation for the hubs at Savi's. About to also book a carriage ride at PORS (which will always be Dixie Landings to me!!) Now just waiting for Disney to extend DAH events past January 20th!

So much has changed since I was last there, I feel like I'm having to start from scratch... DS and I would always always do morning EMH and enjoy a basically empty park but thanks to all the non-Disney-resort people being allowed in for EMH now, I know I need to rethink that strategy. That's where I'm at now.. just trying to decide how to tackle the parks, and then work on our touring plans so I can be ready when FP day rolls around.

Looking forward to reading about all y'alls plans!

-gina-

My question above was redirected from a different thread. I’m glad because I didn’t know this thread existed lol.

I am going January 21-27. Staying at Coronado springs. I have been wanting to make my way to Disney world for some time but haven’t had the chance. I’m making my dad tag along with me since I couldn’t find a friend to come lol.

I’m a Disneyland Passholder so I’m used to the laidback style of Disney world. This planning style is new to me

I am in the process of booking dining and which days to go. Does this sound like a good plan?

Tuesday January 21: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday January 22: Hollywood Studios
Thursday January 23: Epcot
Friday January 24: Animal Kingdom
Saturday January 25: BREAK DAY AT UNIVERSAL
Sunday January 26: Magic Kingdom
- I have read that extra magic hours are very crowded since that benefit is allotted to more people, so I avoided doing the parks on days that happens. We will try and do rope drop or go early, I’m just worried about jet lag since we are coming from the west coast.
- I know park hours are shorter since it’s winter, and we are ok with that, but what is a good way to maximize time when you don’t have full park hours?
That sounds like a great plan you have set up.

So I guess it really comes down to your dining. Are you making reservations for table service meals at lunch at the parks or going to the hotels? When I book table service for lunch, I try to go for an early lunch or a late lunch, which has had some success in getting shorter lines for some attractions, though not the most popular.

I've found the evening extra magic hours aren't too bad crowd wise, though that is always in the eye of the beholder. If you have a park hopper pass, you can always spend the better part of the day at one park and go to another if they are having evening extra magic hours.

Also, not to plug Universal on a Disney board, but if you can get on the motorbike ride, it's awesome.

Been lurking for a long time, but finally joined :) We are booked for a short stay at ASM - Jan 28-31, with an additional 2 nights off property. Oga's reservations are made! We ordered and received upgraded magic bands! I'm just waiting now to see if a discount comes out for rooms, and then to book our fastpasses in November!! Can't hardly wait. Haven't been to Disney since November 2017, so there will be two new lands in Hollywood Studios that I haven't seen! It might be an all day park now!:rotfl:

Been lurking for a long time, but finally joined :) We are booked for a short stay at ASM - Jan 28-31, with an additional 2 nights off property. Oga's reservations are made! We ordered and received upgraded magic bands! I'm just waiting now to see if a discount comes out for rooms, and then to book our fastpasses in November!! Can't hardly wait. Haven't been to Disney since November 2017, so there will be two new lands in Hollywood Studios that I haven't seen! It might be an all day park now!:rotfl:
I was in HS this past February and yes, you might want to make it an all day park. Just getting a drink at Toy Story Land made me want to climb under one of the tables, there were so many people bumping into me.

That sounds like a great plan you have set up.

So I guess it really comes down to your dining. Are you making reservations for table service meals at lunch at the parks or going to the hotels? When I book table service for lunch, I try to go for an early lunch or a late lunch, which has had some success in getting shorter lines for some attractions, though not the most popular.

I've found the evening extra magic hours aren't too bad crowd wise, though that is always in the eye of the beholder. If you have a park hopper pass, you can always spend the better part of the day at one park and go to another if they are having evening extra magic hours.

Also, not to plug Universal on a Disney board, but if you can get on the motorbike ride, it's awesome.
I am making dining reservations in the parks. What I am a little worried about is planning fastpasses around the dining reservations. Right now dining reservations have good availability, but who knows how that will be come November. I don't want to have to cancel b/c of a fastpass.

I am going to Disney World for the 1st time Jan4-9, 2020! Has anyone been around this time? I'm hoping its not too crowded! Any tips on what to book as a FP would be great! Also, does anyone know the dates that Big Thunder Mount. will be shut down?

Hi! Planning a January trip. Anyone know of events happening January 2020? I would like to avoid marathons, Florida holidays, etc. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!