***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Did everyone get the FP+ they wanted for Pandora? I'm at 30 days and couldn't get FOP but did get NRJ and ROL. Folks are saying they couldn't get FOP at 60 days. How all did you do?
I did FP also at 30 days and wasn't able to get FOP but got the NRJ. It's kinda like 7DMT the first time it opened. We'll just have to get there at RD and see if the line is manageable. I refuse to wait longer than 30 min. So I may have to wait until next trip.

I had read that the dessert parties for July 3rd and 4th at MK were now open for booking. And I must admit that it was tempting to get a guaranteed view of the fireworks. But I really do like the view of the fireworks from the Grand Floridian. And I have expressed many times that the dessert parties are too expensive. So I went ahead and booked an ADR for Citrico's. It will cost about the same as the dessert party. ;)

And then we booked an ADR for breakfast at Captain's Grille on check out day. We decided to spend the day at the pool before our Magical Express at 2pm. So we have plenty of time to relax and pack. :)

We leave one week from tomorrow and really looking forward to our first ever July trip to Florida. We will probably die of the heat. :faint:

Did everyone get the FP+ they wanted for Pandora? I'm at 30 days and couldn't get FOP but did get NRJ and ROL. Folks are saying they couldn't get FOP at 60 days. How all did you do?

I didn't book until 47 days out & had no problem getting a FP for FOP. There were a ton of choices left. But it was for July 4th so maybd everyone booked FP for MK & Epcot instead.

I didn't book until 47 days out & had no problem getting a FP for FOP. There were a ton of choices left. But it was for July 4th so maybd everyone booked FP for MK & Epcot instead.
I booked our fp for FoP on the 4th for the same reason. :) It is an early morning park, though, so I'm not expecting AK to be empty.

I did FP also at 30 days and wasn't able to get FOP but got the NRJ. It's kinda like 7DMT the first time it opened. We'll just have to get there at RD and see if the line is manageable. I refuse to wait longer than 30 min. So I may have to wait until next trip.
Yeah, I hear you about waiting but I think I'd wait 60 minutes. Not sure that will happen. The way it looks is 120 seems to be the least. Don't know what I'll do...play it by ear! Oh, my cousin says he'll wait no matter how long! So that is the plan...LOL!

Trying to get FP+ is one thing, trying to coordinate with two other family members last minute opens up a whole new experience! Never mind trying to figure out where everyone can eat....and get reservations this late in the game...ugh!

I had my pick of many many FoP and NRJ FP+ when I booked 60 days out...for the first day of my trip no less.

I had read that the dessert parties for July 3rd and 4th at MK were now open for booking. And I must admit that it was tempting to get a guaranteed view of the fireworks. But I really do like the view of the fireworks from the Grand Floridian. And I have expressed many times that the dessert parties are too expensive. So I went ahead and booked an ADR for Citrico's. It will cost about the same as the dessert party. ;)

And then we booked an ADR for breakfast at Captain's Grille on check out day. We decided to spend the day at the pool before our Magical Express at 2pm. So we have plenty of time to relax and pack. :)

We leave one week from tomorrow and really looking forward to our first ever July trip to Florida. We will probably die of the heat. :faint:
That sounds like a great plan!

Quick note to say HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! to everyone who is leaving shortly for their trips at the beginning of the month!
My family and I depart on the 12th (arrive on the 13th) so I'll still be here for a few more weeks to check in with the rest of the mid-to-late-July planners.
Here's hoping we all have great weather (maybe "bearable" is a better wish!), safe travel, happy & healthy companions, and that all our advance-planning pays off for stress-free vacations!
:tink:

Tomorrow we will be exactly 2-weeks away from arrival day!

Our current plan is to go to the hotel (AoA), drop off luggage, etc. and head to Disney springs. DD has an appointment at BBB and then we have dinner at the Rainforest. She has no idea we're going on vacation, let alone that we're going to Disney lol. We were thinking of taking a bus from AoA to Disney Springs, bc we have no air in our car (we live about an hour away, so will be cooked by the time we get there around 1pm ). Getting so excited!

I'm so excited for this trip! We are officially one month away - it's been a really difficult year, so it will be extra welcome! I'm usually a commando, but I'm going to try a more subdued trip this time.
We're arriving Wednesday morning and checking in, relaxing and having lunch at Sanaa. Not doing anything that day but swimming and saying hi to all the beloved savanna animals (and my sweet little tortoise by the Sanaa waiting area).
Thursday we'll do park opening at Magic kingdom and come back to kidani for the afternoon. We may or may not go back to the park at night.
Friday is AK day!! We have the Tiffins dining package so we don't be have to worry about ROL and we got FP for FoP. Super excited for this day!!
Saturday we'll go play at a water park for a bit - probably TL. Then come back and swim/do the pool games. Maybe we'll venture out to a resort we don't know well - or maybe go to the boardwalk.
Sunday it's back to AK! This time we have FP for Navi river journey. And a dusk KS so I can see the hyenas.
Monday is Epcot. We have prepark breakfast at garden grill so we shouldn't have much of a wait for the new Soarin - I used my tier one FP for frozen since we haven't seen that either! We'll do TT on the single rider line.
Tuesday our flight home isn't until 10 pm. So we'll check out, swim and maybe go to Disney springs for lunch and souvenirs.
That sounds like a good mix of park time and relax time, right?

Last edited:
I'm so excited for this trip! We are officially one month away - it's been a really difficult year, so it will be extra welcome! I'm usually a commando, but I'm going to try a more subdued trip this time.
We're arriving Wednesday morning and checking in, relaxing and having lunch at Sanaa. Not doing anything that day but swimming and saying hi to all the beloved savanna animals (and my sweet little tortoise by the Sanaa waiting area).
Thursday we'll do park opening at Magic kingdom and come back to kidani for the afternoon. We may or may not go back to the park at night.
Friday is AK day!! We have the Tiffins dining package so we don't be have to worry about ROL and we got FP for FoP. Super excited for this day!!
Saturday we'll go play at a water park for a bit - probably TL. Then come back and swim/do the pool games. Maybe we'll venture out to a resort we don't know well - or maybe go to the boardwalk.
Sunday it's back to AK! This time we have FP for Navi river journey. And a dusk KS so I can see the hyenas.
Monday is Epcot. We have prepark breakfast at garden grill so we shouldn't have much of a wait for the new Soarin - I used my tier one FP for frozen since we haven't seen that either! We'll do TT on the single rider line.
Tuesday our flight home isn't until 10 pm. So we'll check out, swim and maybe go to Disney springs for lunch and souvenirs.
Me too!!!!! We are 1 month away as well!!
That sounds better than what I was planning, LOL. Have a fun vacation!!!:)

For those of us traveling at the END of July, check the park hours for MK -- they just updated to an 11pm close (previously has been 10pm close) on the 24th, 25th & 26th -- for the 26th, this moved evening EMH from 11pm-1am -- YAY!! :woohoo: Best as I can tell, those are the only dates changed at this point. But I know I'll be keeping an eye out, just in case they make further changes.

That does sounds amazing!! It sounds like you just love AK/AKL and are really taking advantage of staying there and enjoying the amenities!

How much time we're spending at Epcot is a major reason I'm so excited to stay at Beach Club! Our plans:
Thursday: Arrive, straight to AK, FP+ for FoP, KS, and EE. We'll hop to Epcot and drink/snack around the world for dinner
Friday: MK for EMH, midday break, evening at Epcot/dinner at Le Cellier
Saturday: Brunch at Raglan Road, afternoon at Epcot, late afternoon break, dinner at Biergarten
Sunday: Rope drop at DHS, midday break, evening at Disney Springs
Monday: Resort day, dinner at Via Napoli
Tuesday: Breakfast at Cape May, not-so ME around noon

Beach Club is our second favorite!
I haven't tried Raglan Road yet - maybe we'll do that on our last day...

Beach Club is our second favorite!
I haven't tried Raglan Road yet - maybe we'll do that on our last day...

Never stayed at BC so am soooo excited!
I've only had Raglan for dinner but the food has been perfection every time--appetizers, classic Irish entrees, entree salads...I cannot WAIT for the brunch!! A classic Irish breakfast is my favorite thing to eat for breakfast, so I can't wait to try their version!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter