***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

2 days!

Last night I did laundry and packed our clothes. So now we have a small suitcase with a case of water, a small suitcase with food (breakfast, coffee supplies, and wine mostly), a soft sided cooler for drinks and snacks for the drive, a medium suitcase with our clothes, and a small suitcase with toiletries, shoes, ponchos, etc.

We only have a few last minute toiletries and electronics left to pack. I'm feeling pretty prepared. Woohoo!

Hello everyone! We just arrived this morning for our stay at the Poly. If anyone has any 'real time' questions that haven't been covered already in this thread, please feel free to ask and I will try to reply if I'm not too busy having an amazing time :))
Let us know about your Pandora experience, the wait times and the weather! Of course only at the end of the night, or waiting in line, when you have a "pause" from fun...LOL!

Last week while in Disney, dh brings up wanting to do a more relaxing vacation in 2018. He was thinking a Land and Sea Disney trip. 5 days later when we're home, he comes up with a 4/5 day Disney followed by 3/4 days in Universal would be a good trip. What happened to the relaxing vacation??? Keep in mind we're doing Disney this November and in May.

Let us know about your Pandora experience, the wait times and the weather! Of course only at the end of the night, or waiting in line, when you have a "pause" from fun...LOL!

Did you get any fp+ for either Pandora ride? We did it on the 4th. Had a fp for dh & ds for Flight of Passage. Then a fp for Navi for dd & me (she's too short for FOP). I was able to do a rider swap for FOP with my son. We got there at rope drop but had to activate our annual passes so we were behind the pack. We wanted to do Navi at rope drop anyway which isn't that crowded compared to FOP. Unfortunately it was down. It stayed down till about 1 and by the time we got there, the line was about 60 minutes long. The FOP line seemed crazy all morning. I'm sure the fact that Navi was down didn't help. FOP was amazing. Navi was pretty and the Shaman is amazing but I wouldn't wait an hour for it. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes.

Last week while in Disney, dh brings up wanting to do a more relaxing vacation in 2018. He was thinking a Land and Sea Disney trip. 5 days later when we're home, he comes up with a 4/5 day Disney followed by 3/4 days in Universal would be a good trip. What happened to the relaxing vacation??? Keep in mind we're doing Disney this November and in May.
LOL....a die hard, just can't give it up. So do Disney and Universal at a slow pace. It can be done. Do Sorcerers of the MK in MK and just use your 3 fast passes there instead of waiting in line for other things. Do the "duck thing" in Epcot. Can't think of the name of the duck, sorry...old age thing...lol. There are ways to do it up different and have a blast doing it.

LOL....a die hard, just can't give it up. So do Disney and Universal at a slow pace. It can be done. Do Sorcerers of the MK in MK and just use your 3 fast passes there instead of waiting in line for other things. Do the "duck thing" in Epcot. Can't think of the name of the duck, sorry...old age thing...lol. There are ways to do it up different and have a blast doing it.

See we we're going to do a slow paced Disney trip last week but then we get there and we just can't do it. lol

See we we're going to do a slow paced Disney trip last week but then we get there and we just can't do it. lol
Okay...LOL....I know it's hard, and I know the excitement takes over. Try it next time, and really focus on relaxing!

Did you get any fp+ for either Pandora ride? We did it on the 4th. Had a fp for dh & ds for Flight of Passage. Then a fp for Navi for dd & me (she's too short for FOP). I was able to do a rider swap for FOP with my son. We got there at rope drop but had to activate our annual passes so we were behind the pack. We wanted to do Navi at rope drop anyway which isn't that crowded compared to FOP. Unfortunately it was down. It stayed down till about 1 and by the time we got there, the line was about 60 minutes long. The FOP line seemed crazy all morning. I'm sure the fact that Navi was down didn't help. FOP was amazing. Navi was pretty and the Shaman is amazing but I wouldn't wait an hour for it. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes.
That explains why there were huge groups of people leaving the Pandora area as we were arriving on the morning of July 4th. They must have left because the Navi ride was down and there was nothing else to do. I wondered what was going on that morning.

By the way - we went on the safari around 9:30am that morning on there wasn't a line at all. I couldn't believe it. They must have all gone to Pandora.

That explains why there were huge groups of people leaving the Pandora area as we were arriving on the morning of July 4th. They must have left because the Navi ride was down and there was nothing else to do. I wondered what was going on that morning.

By the way - we went on the safari around 9:30am that morning on there wasn't a line at all. I couldn't believe it. They must have all gone to Pandora.

We had no waits on most things that morning. Everest was the longest one and that was about 20 minutes if that. I think that was about 12:30. Safari was a walk-on for us too but we went earlier.

We had no waits on most things that morning. Everest was the longest one and that was about 20 minutes if that. I think that was about 12:30. Safari was a walk-on for us too but we went earlier.
And there was absolutely no one at baggage check or at the park entrance. It was great. I thought 4th of July crowds were not bad at all, as long as you picked the right park, which, of course, we did. ;) We also spent a lot of time at the resort pool.

And there was absolutely no one at baggage check or at the park entrance. It was great. I thought 4th of July crowds were not bad at all, as long as you picked the right park, which, of course, we did. ;) We also spent a lot of time at the resort pool.

I completely agree with the crowds not being bad at all. AK was the perfect pick for the 4th. I wasn't sure if we picked the right parks all week or if it was just a shift in crowds from the summer going in the fall instead. The whole week was great crowd-wise. We'll see how Memorial Day weekend is. I don't have high hopes for that weekend. But I'd like to do a more relaxed trip and more pool time anyway. See how that goes.

Hello everyone! We just arrived this morning for our stay at the Poly. If anyone has any 'real time' questions that haven't been covered already in this thread, please feel free to ask and I will try to reply if I'm not too busy having an amazing time :))
Just popping to say hi! We check in to shades of green tonight and move to poly on Tuesday! Cant wait

I completely agree with the crowds not being bad at all. AK was the perfect pick for the 4th. I wasn't sure if we picked the right parks all week or if it was just a shift in crowds from the summer going in the fall instead. The whole week was great crowd-wise. We'll see how Memorial Day weekend is. I don't have high hopes for that weekend. But I'd like to do a more relaxed trip and more pool time anyway. See how that goes.
Mk was perfect for the morning of July 2nd since most of the crowds would be going to MK on the 3rd or 4th for the special fireworks. And the morning of the 3rd was good for Epcot because the Epcot crowds would wait until July 4th for those fireworks. I was able to move our fastpasses around that morning because so many rides were available. :)

I would not be afraid to go to WDW during the 4th of July holiday. The only crowds we encountered were at the BC/YC pool. ;)

Cannot believe that this time next week I'll be minutes away from our Le Cellier reservation . So, so excited for this trip!!!
Made a last minute switch from Cape May breakfast to the Wave after the recent mimosas announcement. It'll be less convenient since we'll be staying at BC, but the Wave seems more appropriate for an adult trip anyway. Definitely will be willing to try out the Minnie Van system if it's up and running then--otherwise, I do foresee a few Uber/Lyft rides during this trip.

I'm getting super excited now...making list after list of everything I have to do and pick up before I go. I am driving to my cousins on Wednesday,
3 1/2 hours, then two days of planning and we are off! We have to download the MDX on her phone. She isn't tech savvy, so we will be doing that as one of our tasks. Then I will show her our calendar and we can talk about that...I did all the planning and FP+, so we will be talking strategy and what else she wants to experience while there. Can't wait!

Here now! Arrived yesterday around 2:45 to the BWV, and by the time we made our way to an awesome parking spot, we got the text our room as ready at 2:49!

Disney Springs was swamped last night! We had great luck with busses to and from, though!

We've had a great day in Epcot today, and are currently chilling in the room while it storms a bit. Back to Epcot tonight to explore World Showcase and then ride Test Track with our 4th FP! Woohoo for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter