***Official July 2019 thread***

Got around to booking my flight to FL. It was cheaper to fly in the night before my free dining package starts. Looks like I end up with a “bonus” morning at WDW! (I was planning to arrive around 1 the following day.) Now to decide where to stay for the night. I have points I could use to stay at a Hilton property near MCO (arriving at 8 pm). Or I can book a cheap night at ASMo. (Never tried a value). Or I can add on an additional night at CSR for $40 more than ASMo. Yay for more decisions to make!

We are driving down, staying overnight in Savannah. Then to top everything, spending one night at Universal to see the Harry Potter stuff

:sad1: So sad...even though I started this thread, I have to "back out" of being part of it. Our summer trip that had been planned for July 4th to 18th is no longer a reality. All three of our kids play lacrosse and have now started to go beyond just playing rec league for our school district. They will all be playing with club teams this summer, two of them with travel teams. I'm going to spend as much money on that as I would for a WDW trip for a family of 5. Even if I wasn't spending a fortune, we will be at tournaments nearly every weekend. However, all hope isn't lost, there is a ray of light for vacation. One of the tournaments is in central Florida and is a very short drive from WDW. So we're thinking that we'll likely either drive down a few days before the tournament, stay a few days after...or both and spend time around WDW. Do the water parks, watch fireworks from Poly beach, etc...

At the end of the day, I can't complain. We've been so amazingly fortunate to go as often as we have. Each of the past 4 summers we've done 2.5 week long trips, and I'm so thankful to have had that opportunity. We hadn't planned to be in the theme parks this summer anyway, so that's OK. We still have full plans to get an AP late next summer so it'll carry us through late summer 2021 and we can see all the new attractions.

:sad1: So sad...even though I started this thread, I have to "back out" of being part of it. Our summer trip that had been planned for July 4th to 18th is no longer a reality. All three of our kids play lacrosse and have now started to go beyond just playing rec league for our school district. They will all be playing with club teams this summer, two of them with travel teams. I'm going to spend as much money on that as I would for a WDW trip for a family of 5. Even if I wasn't spending a fortune, we will be at tournaments nearly every weekend. However, all hope isn't lost, there is a ray of light for vacation. One of the tournaments is in central Florida and is a very short drive from WDW. So we're thinking that we'll likely either drive down a few days before the tournament, stay a few days after...or both and spend time around WDW. Do the water parks, watch fireworks from Poly beach, etc...

At the end of the day, I can't complain. We've been so amazingly fortunate to go as often as we have. Each of the past 4 summers we've done 2.5 week long trips, and I'm so thankful to have had that opportunity. We hadn't planned to be in the theme parks this summer anyway, so that's OK. We still have full plans to get an AP late next summer so it'll carry us through late summer 2021 and we can see all the new attractions.
:grouphug: I hope you do get that short trip out of it!!

I completely understand the challenges of sports schedules. My oldest two are the same ages as yours. Our winter months can no longer support WDW due to hockey schedule. So far, we have had July-mid-August free and clear. I am pretty sure I will find out this year that my oldest’s soccer pre-season starts while we are on our trip. As she will be a freshman, I can argue that we didn’t know when we booked our travel (and I have tried to find the schedule!) After this year, we won’t have an excuse! I hope you get a couple Disney days, and enjoy those tournaments and games!

I'm so sorry! It really stinks having to cancel especially when it's pretty close. I get it, my DD is in competitive dance and every year it's more and more weeks in the summer and nearly every weekend in fall and spring so it makes it hard for us to find the time to go. Also I have to share with her Dad who gets two weeks in the summer. We've been going for about 2 weeks the last few years also, but I think next year will get shorter because she will have nationals that will take up another week and use a week of my vacation.

Hopefully you can get a mini trip out of the FL tournament!

Hi everyone! Super EXCITED over here! We are booked for our mom and me summer thrills trip! July 3-9 at AKL! Added a couple days at the end because I am being selfish and have covered a lot at work the past few months and I NEED my Disney fix! Going to keep our resort pick a secret from my DD but she will be so excited! (She doesn't care where we stay as long as we are going, so this will be great for her!) She loves and hates surprises (Christmas trip surprise was the BEST ever!) so I am not worried about her. She is getting to help plan everything else. Count down is at 120 days! 2 months to FP day!

Long (possibly overly detailed) question for anyone who has done EMM at MK...

I have settled on my ADR and park plans. Adding a night at the start of our trip thanks to better airfares shook up my original plan. I am looking at possibly adding EMM at MK one morning. The cost seems ridiculous, but I could call it a birthday present for my YDD who will be turning 7 before our trip and has asked to celebrate at WDW. We can get in all our attraction wishes without it, as we have two mornings (1 with EMH) and 1 evening planned at MK. I wouldn’t be looking at it, except for the 9:00 am park opening versus 8:00. We are early risers, and like to get in early and out early. There are no parks with EMH on the day I am looking at. This day is also the day of a resort switch, so would have to get bell services to transfer luggage early (we did this last year prior to a 7:30 am breakfast reservation with no problem.) and it would be the 4th day in a row with an 8:00 am park start for us. (Next day would be a rest day with waterpark planned.) It is also the day my DH is joining us, arriving midday and meeting us at our new resort for pooltime followed by Epcot in the evening. If we did EMM we would save our FP for Epcot (though we have 4 half days planned here, so that’s not crucial.) Have any of you done EMH and could weigh in? I am on the fence.

Long (possibly overly detailed) question for anyone who has done EMM at MK...

I have settled on my ADR and park plans. Adding a night at the start of our trip thanks to better airfares shook up my original plan. I am looking at possibly adding EMM at MK one morning. The cost seems ridiculous, but I could call it a birthday present for my YDD who will be turning 7 before our trip and has asked to celebrate at WDW. We can get in all our attraction wishes without it, as we have two mornings (1 with EMH) and 1 evening planned at MK. I wouldn’t be looking at it, except for the 9:00 am park opening versus 8:00. We are early risers, and like to get in early and out early. There are no parks with EMH on the day I am looking at. This day is also the day of a resort switch, so would have to get bell services to transfer luggage early (we did this last year prior to a 7:30 am breakfast reservation with no problem.) and it would be the 4th day in a row with an 8:00 am park start for us. (Next day would be a rest day with waterpark planned.) It is also the day my DH is joining us, arriving midday and meeting us at our new resort for pooltime followed by Epcot in the evening. If we did EMM we would save our FP for Epcot (though we have 4 half days planned here, so that’s not crucial.) Have any of you done EMH and could weigh in? I am on the fence.
Here's the link to EMM for MK's thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ning-magic-emm-faq-discussion-thread.3713783/
I took ds4 to EMM at HS and he was having a complete and utter meltdown and would only ride TSM and would barely eat, and refused to meet any characters. So it depends on how your kid will be. DS7 and DH ended up getting in the night(more like morning) before at 3am so there's no way they were getting up at 6am to do EMM w/ us. I did book EMM at MK for our upcoming trip in July w/o DH. If your kids can get up early and be functionally w/o problems then go for it. I wish my ds4 had been awake and not a pain bc it was so nice having the park area empty.

Here's the link to EMM for MK's thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ning-magic-emm-faq-discussion-thread.3713783/
I took ds4 to EMM at HS and he was having a complete and utter meltdown and would only ride TSM and would barely eat, and refused to meet any characters. So it depends on how your kid will be. DS7 and DH ended up getting in the night(more like morning) before at 3am so there's no way they were getting up at 6am to do EMM w/ us. I did book EMM at MK for our upcoming trip in July w/o DH. If your kids can get up early and be functionally w/o problems then go for it. I wish my ds4 had been awake and not a pain bc it was so nice having the park area empty.
Oh boy, that sounds rough! My kids can get up and going, and it would be so nice to have the park empty and cool(er), but I am not feeling it as $300 nice. It would also be nice to have a table service breakfast somewhere, and a little extra time (for half the cost.) The HS EMM appeals to me more, but is scheduled for after my DH arrives, and he does not get up and going like my kids do! Thanks for your input.

I was working on some plans last night, which I am sure will change 500 times before we leave!

7/3--drive to Tallahassee
7/4--drive to Orlando, check in to AKL, maybe lunch at Sanaa, then head to MK. We have the dessert party booked.
7/5--wax museum, aquarium, lunch offsite or Disney Springs, Epcot for dinner and Illuminations
7/6--resort/pool time (might do Sanaa this day if we don't do it on the 4th), HS evening--dinner at SciFi
7/7--EMM at MK --pool break--AK? Back to MK? not sure. We'll see how FPs play out. Might not go back to a park at all.
7/8--EMM at HS -- pool break --AK evening
7/9--Late breakfast at Boma--leave for beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!