****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

Add me to the list of people clinging desperately to July reservations. We have DLH for 4 nights starting 7/18, followed by a night at VGC using DVC points. We'll hold onto it until they cancel it!

I saw that they are no longer accepting new reservations prior to 7/15, but it doesn't sound like they've canceled the early July reservations yet, correct? I keep telling myself that this means they think there's a chance to be open in July and that they are just minimizing the crowd levels. I'm probably lying to myself.
After I saw your comment, I checked my DVC dashboard too. DVC cancelled my 7/14-7/15 and 7/15-7/17 (using different contracts with separate use years) reservations. The nights of 7/15 and 7/16 were showing as available when I looked at availability last night, so I re-booked them. They are still showing booked this AM, but I will check again later. I am local and would be happy to just go for a resort stay to look at a different space for a few days.
My July 19-21 VGC reservation is still showing, in theory I'll be hearing Welcome Home in 38 days ...
I have plane tickets for this trip that I bought Wednesday morning, a few hours before the reopening announcement since I had so much Southwest credit that needed using from cancelled April and May trips.

I'm so confused since now the park will be open but I have nowhere to stay? Will we be able to get a reservation to get into the park without an on-site stay? Will they extend the APs for holders who can't get park reservations?

It'll be interesting to see what they do with DLH reservations, I saw on another post that someone who talked to a CM said DLH wouldn't be opening until October, so I wonder if Disney resorts will move DLH guests to GCH or PPH.

My July 19-21 VGC reservation is still showing, in theory I'll be hearing Welcome Home in 38 days ...
I have plane tickets for this trip that I bought Wednesday morning, a few hours before the reopening announcement since I had so much Southwest credit that needed using from cancelled April and May trips.

I'm so confused since now the park will be open but I have nowhere to stay? Will we be able to get a reservation to get into the park without an on-site stay? Will they extend the APs for holders who can't get park reservations?

It'll be interesting to see what they do with DLH reservations, I saw on another post that someone who talked to a CM said DLH wouldn't be opening until October, so I wonder if Disney resorts will move DLH guests to GCH or PPH.

I had rebooked just the night of 7/16 a couple days ago when the rumors were 7/16 or 7/17. I figured it should have cancelled but the reservation is still holding on right now. I expect it to drop anytime. I am local, so no big if I can't go (no airfare to worry about). I am not sure what to do anymore. I am not really sure that I feel the parks to be safe yet but I could really use a day or 2 away from my house.

I had a DVC reservation for July 21-24 so I was really excited about the opening date until I read the details and realized the hotels were opening after the parks. Whomp whomp. We debated cancelling the entire trip and finally decided to go even if it's only for 1-2 nights.

I wanted to make sure DVC didn't cancel my entire stay so I called last night. Had to wait almost 45 minutes but got a really sweet CM who helped me think through the plans. She said it was good I called as DVC would be cancelling the entire reservation if it started before the resort opening. I voiced my disappointment at DVC not opening the rooms before the parks (different than Florida), and she mentioned how difficult CA was to deal with. She said they could have tried to open the timeshare earlier and been rebuffed in the discussions, etc. I hadn't thought of that so I was a little less frustrated after talking to her whether it's true or not.

Anyway, the end result was that I modified my reservation by dropping the first two nights. So now I just have a one-night DVC stay at the VGC for July 23rd. I waitlisted a second night (24th) through DVC. We were just going to go one-night if the wait list doesn't come through, but today we booked a one-night backup in a one-bedroom suite at the paradise pier hotel just in case (we are in a 2 bedroom villa). Moving hotels would be less than ideal but if resort hotels are guaranteed admission the we will probably go for it. We are driving from Northern California and planning an extended road trip so we can be flexible.

We are officially out. Had 7 night VGC booked July 9 through 16. We'll try to go next year or the year after. Disappointed, but a bit relieved, too.

June 12, 2020
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to inform you that your upcoming visit with us will be impacted by several closures.

While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain Disneyland Resort's top priority.

Pending state and local government approvals, we are unable to accommodate Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighborhood Hotel vacation packages with arrival dates prior to July 22, 2020.

Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming hotel room reservation. If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighbor Hotel vacation package, no further action needs to be taken. If you're interested in modifying your existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, we're happy to help! Reservations are currently available for travel dates July 23, 2020 and later.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through July 22, 2020. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date for such time period, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Walt Disney Travel Company Good Neighbor Hotel vacation package after your check-in date.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

To modify or cancel your reservation, please call the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 8:00 AM PST and 7:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Just got our email saying we needed to change our July 21-26 reservation :(
14 minutes on hold and still going...

Got the same email today for our July 19th-24th reservation. I’ll call to cancel but I’ll wait until sometime next week to hopefully allow some of the call volume to die down.

I’m sorry for everyone’s disappointments :( My fam and I had a family meeting and decided we will go to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon. I know my family’s safety measures in public places and I think we will be okay. I’m looking for seeing my favorite place next year.

Officially cancelled our trip this afternoon. With the delayed opening of the hotels it bumps us too close to the start of kindergarten for our oldest. With no fall break this year and the unknown of what things will be like come winter break we’ve cancelled instead of rescheduled. Hopefully we’ll be scheduled for a May or June 2021 trip once those dates open up. 😢

I called to try to modify or cancel my July 19 reservation at the Disneyland Hotel on Saturday (the 13th) around lunchtime; the good news was that there was no wait, I was expecting to hold for awhile and it went directly to a CM. Bad news is they aren't offering any discounts to move your reservation. I had wanted to book a weekend in October to make up for the lack of this trip and they said there was availability and the amount was less than what I'd paid for my summer reservation, the CM tried applying several different re-booking codes to try to get it for me, but none of them worked so I just cancelled the reservation. Figure if we decide we want to stay on site in October I can book closer to it for the same price.

After that I tried calling Member Services to see about moving points around for the VGC reservation I'd had for the same trip, I waited 45 minutes, got a CM, explained what I wanted to do, and ended up with the call lost halfway through the process. Oh well. Will try again another day.

Received word that my hubby’s conference held at the DLH at the end of July/beginning of August was postponed until October. We were definitely expecting it after finding out DLH will be closed through September. A bit more difficult if school is in session, but it could be fun. 🤷🏼‍♀️ We love Halloween time and hope things might be somewhat normalish by then....

For anyone who is looking for reasonably priced accommodations, Tropicana Inn is running a Facebook special of $99/night for July 13-31. Saw it mentioned in the speculation thread and there are still a lot of nights left.

I just booked for our nights for Sun-Mon after opening there, since I had plane tickets to get there but would have been homeless since the Grand Californian is closed (in theory, I'm still holding on to an unlikely concept that the OC might let Disney open the timeshare portion early in a soft opening, which has no basis in reality, just my wishful imagination).

We are official out too. Our dates were July 11 - 18 and it wasn't worth taking the trip for one day at the parks. With no details about the reservation system I had to cancel our vacation package with WestJet. I tried to get the dates moved, but WestJet didn't have dates open for late enough in 2021 and they wanted payment up front for the Disney tickets. Which made no sense whatsoever, but I wasn't about to give them any more money for an uncertain outcome. But it meant that I lost my deposit.

For anyone who is looking for reasonably priced accommodations, Tropicana Inn is running a Facebook special of $99/night for July 13-31. Saw it mentioned in the speculation thread and there are still a lot of nights left.
I've been staying at Tropicana since like 2014, and have NEVER stayed for $99! Thank you so much for sharing this! I already had Stovall's booked. Now, though, I get to stay at my much-preferred Tropicana!

Yes. July is definitely out for us. My husband's conference got moved to October, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the trip will happen for us then (we'll have to see how to navigate around the girls' respective school schedules, assuming they're back in brick-and-mortar school mode by then... if not, yeah, Zoom school in the DLH!!!). I hope it's still ok to hang out here, though, to see how things go for those who will be able to do their July trips. I'm sitting on pins and needles to find out how those trips will go (which will hopefully also help me with my own preparations in these nutty times for whenever we will finally end up making it--I am actually perversely excited about new planning challenges, figuring out where the bottle necks will be now and how to circumvent them with elegant foresight... yes I'm weird that way, but the last couple of trips, my planning was rather routine, because had been there often enough that I would have probably been able to design one of our typical late July/early August trips in my sleep).

Anyone have a guess on how hard it would be to get tickets and a park reservation for late July? I found a pretty reasonable room at Tropicana and went ahead and reserved since they have a very generous cancelation policy. Hoping to get in July 29-31!

Wait... what? Tropicana is running a Facebook special for $99!! I didn't get in on that. How do I get that deal?

Does anyone have a Good Neighbor package with arrival prior to 7/22? I have one for Tropicana, but according to the letter posted above it will need to be canceled. I'd prefer to book directly with Tropicana to get that $99 deal, but am curious about tickets since we were counting on the ones with the package.

Does anyone have a Good Neighbor package with arrival prior to 7/22? I have one for Tropicana, but according to the letter posted above it will need to be canceled. I'd prefer to book directly with Tropicana to get that $99 deal, but am curious about tickets since we were counting on the ones with the package.
We were set to arrive at Tropicana on 07/21 and received an email from DL on 06/12 that we needed to change our dates to be 07/23 or later. We're now set for 07/24-07/30. We kept our original package with DL just to be safe in case vacation packages are considered any kind of priority when the park reservation system is released.

We were set to arrive at Tropicana on 07/21 and received an email from DL on 06/12 that we needed to change our dates to be 07/23 or later. We're now set for 07/24-07/30. We kept our original package with DL just to be safe in case vacation packages are considered any kind of priority when the park reservation system is released.
Thanks, our dates are 7/16-7/21 so we're not able to keep our package with DL. I'm trying to figure out what that means for tickets since we no longer have them without the package. I will be calling but wondering what other people have learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter