****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

I've been staying at Tropicana since like 2014, and have NEVER stayed for $99! Thank you so much for sharing this! I already had Stovall's booked. Now, though, I get to stay at my much-preferred Tropicana!
What do you like so much about the tropicana? I have heard several people talk about how that is their preferred harbor hotel, but not too many specifics. We usually do BWPPI or BWAnaheim Inn so we tentatively booked for our first tropicana stay if we can get park reservations.

What do you like so much about the tropicana? I have heard several people talk about how that is their preferred harbor hotel, but not too many specifics. We usually do BWPPI or BWAnaheim Inn so we tentatively booked for our first tropicana stay if we can get park reservations.
Obviously, the location is great. Their prices are typically on-par or just under BWPPI. They are $160-180/night. They offer a military discount for vets (so around $150-160/night). Beds are comfy. Bed linen is clean and soft and never dingy. I've always had really clean rooms. I used to feel like it was dark in the rooms, but with their "surf" upgrade a while ago, the rooms feel brighter. They have some rooms with vaulted ceilings and north- and west-facing windows (fireworks and monorail views!). While they don't have a free breakfast, they do have a little market, so I can grab whatever I'm craving at the moment. It used to creep me out, but their parking attendants are really observant--like they have greeted me by name even though I'm not parking a car. Their front staff is nice. They also have a return guest discount.

Disney's official announcement:
According to paragraph 2, the reopening of the parks and hotels (GCH and PPH) will be delayed until state approval is received to open.
According to paragraph 3, DTD will reopen as scheduled on July 9th.

Hoping to be wrong, but the quote below from the Reopening Speculation Thread on the DL Community Board , while not exactly an "official" announcement from Disney, at least comes from the WDTC and includes actual dates to show that the parks most likely will not be reopening in July:
Katie Count said:
Just had another voicemail from DL asking us to modify or cancel our July 24-30 vacation. The lady who left the voicemail said that they will still be closed.
I don’t really want to modify anything until we hear more from the state about when they think theme parks can open up. I don’t want to have to call multiple times to make modifications. I’ve already had to change dates once. I think I am going to wait until around 07/21 to change anything unless we hear more from California/DL before that.

Hoping to be wrong, but the quote below from the Reopening Speculation Thread on the DL Community Board , while not exactly an "official" announcement from Disney, at least comes from the WDTC and includes actual dates to show that the parks most likely will not be reopening in July:

I haven’t been called yet. We have reservations 7/27-7/31.

I haven’t been called yet. We have reservations 7/27-7/31.
I haven't been called yet either (July 26-29th).
Please post here and in the DLR Reopening Superthread if you do get a call to either confirm the other poster's info (i.e. the parks will indeed be closed through July) or to update with new info (i.e. that the parks may be open before the end of July). TIA!

Still not ready to give up, but Stovall's cancelled my stay :-( I'm fairly resigned to it not re-opening in July, but still hoping, lol!
I really want to wait until the week of 07/13 before we had to call and modify/cancel our dates, hoping that the state might announce something the week after the 4th. Hopefully we don't get cancelled on before then :)

I really want to wait until the week of 07/13 before we had to call and modify/cancel our dates, hoping that the state might announce something the week after the 4th. Hopefully we don't get cancelled on before then :)
That's what I keep hoping--that like me July 6th, Gov Newsom says, "Theme parks can open on July x," and Disney will announce a re-opening date.... I'm probably a little too optimistic, haha!

That's what I keep hoping--that like me July 6th, Gov Newsom says, "Theme parks can open on July x," and Disney will announce a re-opening date.... I'm probably a little too optimistic, haha!
Me too!! And for the glass half empty side - "Theme parks can't open until 2021. Everyone with plans before 2021 should cancel." Just give me some sort of information. Can they open and when or they can't open until this date.

Oops...this is the official board. We probably should have put those couple of posts on the speculation board :)

Oops...this is the official board. We probably should have put those couple of posts on the speculation board :)
Meh--it's in the July planning thread; speculation is kind of what "planning" for this trip in July is about, haha. But the mod can move it if they feel the need.

Meh--it's in the July planning thread; speculation is kind of what "planning" for this trip in July is about, haha. But the mod can move it if they feel the need.
Your posts can stay right where they are. The "official" news rule is for the "official" news thread -- just like the title says. Not that that gives anyone here free rein to run wild with scissors or anything... just saying...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter