****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

I gave up my Tropicana reservation. Haven't pulled the trigger yet on cancelling my July flights. Being able to fly into SNA for $39 of credits I need to use is just sad to pull the rug from under. This is the first time there has been a huge drop in airline prices that I haven't been able to take advantage of (I did a lot of flying post 9/11).
Since I have the days off work anyways I booked a room on the beach about a 2 hour drive from me, we'll go kayaking and enjoy take out snacks that are only slightly less awesome than Disney's on the Monterey peninsula.

I gave up my Tropicana reservation. Haven't pulled the trigger yet on cancelling my July flights. Being able to fly into SNA for $39 of credits I need to use is just sad to pull the rug from under. This is the first time there has been a huge drop in airline prices that I haven't been able to take advantage of (I did a lot of flying post 9/11).
Since I have the days off work anyways I booked a room on the beach about a 2 hour drive from me, we'll go kayaking and enjoy take out snacks that are only slightly less awesome than Disney's on the Monterey peninsula.
This is the trouble I'm having with all of it. I had this trip planned for my husband's 40th birthday so I still want to do something. I have thought of other places that we could go or other things to do and nothing compares to going to DL. I'm going to wait until probably next Friday until I modify our reservation, flights, shuttles.

I have 3 hotel stays to cancel (I double booked for one of our July trips). I figured I would do all that next week once I know more. We are considering a visit to DTD just to be close to the parks. :)

I had this trip planned for my husband's 40th birthday so I still want to do something. I have thought of other places that we could go or other things to do and nothing compares to going to DL. I'm going to wait until probably next Friday until I modify our reservation, flights, shuttles.
So much this. To be fair, I enjoy travelling everywhere, in our we-don't-have-an-AP years we love travelling internationally or taking cruises (DCL, so not completely non-Disney).
The problem is that nothing I can throw together in a few weeks, especially trips that meet the requirements of being safe during a pandemic compares to DL. Especially on price! When I have a non-AP year planned, I've usually saved up a bunch of cc points, thoroughly researched interesting things at my destination, made every experience as reasonably priced as I can make it through a variety of strategies. Trying to pinch-hit a trip that will ameliorate the pain of not being at Disney? First world problems, but still rough.

So I also had a reservation for Desert Inn before I booked the great FB deal for the Tropicana. I have been emailing them to cancel but have not heard back. Tried calling and the message says they are currently closed. Anyone else have luck cancelling Desert Inn for July?

So I also had a reservation for Desert Inn before I booked the great FB deal for the Tropicana. I have been emailing them to cancel but have not heard back. Tried calling and the message says they are currently closed. Anyone else have luck cancelling Desert Inn for July?
I emailed them at the end of May to cancel our July reservations. They emailed my confirmation of cancelling the same day. I’m surprised they aren’t responding. At least you have email proof of your attempt to contact them.

I booked the Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego) since Tropicana is a no go. I am very excited, we have never stayed there before. :)

I got an email today from BW Park Place Inn that I need to cancel or reschedule my stay for the 27-31, so I guess I'm out. Maybe next July.

I have (or had?) reservations at the Tropicana for the night of July 19th. I still haven't received a cancellation notice from them... How did you guys get word that your reservations were cancelled (email? Phone?). I wonder why I haven't received word yet. I did email them for clarification, but have not yet heard back. Strange they didn't just cancel them all at the same time.

My emails came yesterday. I received two Tropicana emails for the cancellations of two separate stays, and then one email from a person at the hotel.

I have (or had?) reservations at the Tropicana for the night of July 19th. I still haven't received a cancellation notice from them... How did you guys get word that your reservations were cancelled (email? Phone?). I wonder why I haven't received word yet. I did email them for clarification, but have not yet heard back. Strange they didn't just cancel them all at the same time.
I received my cancellation via email. Perhaps they are going day-by-day or week-by-week. My reservation started on 7/16, so it stands to reason those earliest reservations would get earliest notice. Sad, but I understand. Still sad.

Soon after I posted the question, I got my email saying that my Tropicana stay was cancelled. I've already re-booked a different hotel. : ) If universal forces will allow it, I still want to go down and breathe in the Downtown Disney air! (Through a filtered mask, of course!) :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter