****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

I am 60 days out for our last week in July trip and cannot make any reservations for dining. This makes me think they are not planning to open in July. Has anyone heard them closing reservation abilities for now? It just says, "no reservations are available for the date you chose" um, we are exactly 60 days out... I for the heck of it tried other days, prior to our reservation, same thing. So they have them turned off for making reservations. Doesnt make me feel very good about going in the end of July...

I am 60 days out for our last week in July trip and cannot make any reservations for dining. This makes me think they are not planning to open in July. Has anyone heard them closing reservation abilities for now? It just says, "no reservations are available for the date you chose" um, we are exactly 60 days out... I for the heck of it tried other days, prior to our reservation, same thing. So they have them turned off for making reservations. Doesnt make me feel very good about going in the end of July...
They just cancelled (in the last few days after announcing their opening) all dining reservations for WDW where you can make them 6 months in advance. Basically due to having to determine how many tables they can seat, how crowded the restaurants will allow x amount of tables, they said no one has tables anymore since they can't accommodate all 100% of reservations. They said they will move to a 60 day reservation system soon (similar to DLR's)
I think DLR is trying to forestall this problem by not letting anyone make dining reservations, they will once we have an opening date but that might be only a week in advance. :upsidedow

They just cancelled (in the last few days after announcing their opening) all dining reservations for WDW where you can make them 6 months in advance. Basically due to having to determine how many tables they can seat, how crowded the restaurants will allow x amount of tables, they said no one has tables anymore since they can't accommodate all 100% of reservations. They said they will move to a 60 day reservation system soon (similar to DLR's)
I think DLR is trying to forestall this problem by not letting anyone make dining reservations, they will once we have an opening date but that might be only a week in advance. :upsidedow

Uuuuggggghhhhhhh that makes planning so very hard... Thanks for the info. The more I hear the more I think I want to cancel my end of July trip. Just doesnt seem worth it to me anymore. I wish I could just cancel my FlexPass for the year (we signed up last December).

If understood Newsom today. He is allowing counties to go to stage 3. It's up to the counties and they must prepare and submit plans following guidelines. You'd hope DL's would be very close to WDW and would not take them long to put together and submit.

REOPENING CALIFORNIA
Newsom said that "localism is determinative," with local areas being given freedom to make decisions around reopening businesses in their areas. However, he noted that counties have to attest to certain health standards before being able to move further into reopening. He went through a series of slides laying out why the state feels comfortable with moving further into reopening.
The state is allowing counties now to move into phase three at their own pace, but local public health officers will decide on the appropriate timing to reopen different sectors of the economy, Newsom said.

Last edited:

I haven’t checked in yet, since it’s fairly unlikely that this year’s trip will happen and I didn’t want to add a inch to what is already a long shot to begin with... However, I figure I can use some commiseration with others in the same boat, so here it goes: My husband has an annual conference at the Disneyland Hotel which usually is either at the end of July or the beginning of August. My girls (12 & 14) and I usually tag along, so we can go to the parks while he slaves along in lectures.

We were planning to go from July 29 to August 1 this year and would have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, so you can put us on your list—with the requisite number of question marks, that is.... At this point, we don’t know if the conference will even happen (or if they’ll do it non-locally, via Zoom instead, and we of course have no idea if the Disneyland Hotel or the parks will be open at that point. We were even pondering to, if the hotel & DTD are open but the parks aren’t yet to walk around and catch some Disney air (through our masks, of course). 🤞🤞🤞

You can add us to the hopeful list. July 14-18 at the DLH. If this doesn’t work we have Labor Day and then Fall break in early October.

You can officially cross us off the list. I just cancelled our reservations. We might still try to do Universal at the end of July, but are postponing Disney until December.

My husband has an annual conference at the Disneyland Hotel which usually is either at the end of July or the beginning of August. My girls (12 & 14) and I usually tag along, so we can go to the parks while he slaves along in lectures.

My husband does this same conference almost every year! We love to take advantage of the conference rate at the DLH, although we always feel a bit guilty about lounging by the pool/hitting the parks while my husband attends his sessions. I’m not incredibly hopeful anything will be open, but we have our reservation for the 4 nights just in case. My husband is not registering for the conference until possibly the last minute as he definitely doesn’t want to do it virtually. I guess we’ll see!

Updated 6/1

I’m hoping we get a new updated today. I am going bonkers wondering when and if there is a chance for us.

I just heard that Disneyland is not accepting hotel reservations now until July 15th (16?). If this is true, I'm so sorry for those who have reservations the first two weeks of July. Since they have adjusted to July 15th - maybe that means they hope to open just before their anniversary? We can only hope!

Add me to the list of people clinging desperately to July reservations. We have DLH for 4 nights starting 7/18, followed by a night at VGC using DVC points. We'll hold onto it until they cancel it!

I saw that they are no longer accepting new reservations prior to 7/15, but it doesn't sound like they've canceled the early July reservations yet, correct? I keep telling myself that this means they think there's a chance to be open in July and that they are just minimizing the crowd levels. I'm probably lying to myself.

So far they haven’t canceled any of the beginning of July trips, but they just recently told people to cancel mid-June trips. My guess is there is a small chance they will open (very small). They still say they don’t know when they will open. Chances are it won’t be in the next 45 days :( That puts my family out of range. My husband is calling to find out if we should hang on or cancel.

So far they haven’t canceled any of the beginning of July trips, but they just recently told people to cancel mid-June trips. My guess is there is a small chance they will open (very small). They still say they don’t know when they will open. Chances are it won’t be in the next 45 days :( That puts my family out of range. My husband is calling to find out if we should hang on or cancel.

We're in the same boat. If they don't open by mid-July, we'll likely have to push it off until next year with schools starting up soon (we're in Indiana). It's such a bummer. Fingers crossed that there's some Disney magic in the works for all of us!

We just cancelled our July 14-18th trip. :( We have a backup for August 9-16th and will probably book another back up in November. Even if the park is open for our July dates, we would rather not be there when it first opens. Good luck to everyone still waiting to see if their July trips will work out!

My husband does this same conference almost every year! We love to take advantage of the conference rate at the DLH, although we always feel a bit guilty about lounging by the pool/hitting the parks while my husband attends his sessions. I’m not incredibly hopeful anything will be open, but we have our reservation for the 4 nights just in case. My husband is not registering for the conference until possibly the last minute as he definitely doesn’t want to do it virtually. I guess we’ll see!
🤞🤞🤞

Just called and revised ours from 7/13-17th to 7/27-7/31. As usual they know nothing. Could wait and see but when stated I wanted to move it out 2 weeks, at first didn't sound like any rooms avail. Then checked further and got same room/same rate at the Grand CA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!