****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

It’s a bummer but we are officially out. With a slim chance that the DLR will open before July 15, and our flights being canceled, we decided to get our refund now and plan something else. We will be back April 2021 with my kids’ high school band (we hope). If not with the band we will go on our own.

I still plan on hosting so no worries, I am keeping my 🤞 for all of you July hopefuls!

FYI July friends...
It appears that July was pushed back to the 16th for reservations, no longer the 15th. I called to move from a 15th arrival to a 16th arrival and the CM mentioned that letters/emails are going out requesting those with dates before the 16th to modify. Additionally, I tried July 15th on the reservation finder on the website and it was not available; however the 16th was available. I have no other information regarding opening, just letting you know my "room only" experience a few minutes ago.

We are now booked twice in July. I booked DLH for July 16th and 17th, hoping that opening day is one of those days. :) Depending on how this all works, we will change hotels for one of the stays if possible (we usually stay at Tropicana or BWPPI).

Last edited:
Rats! Looks as if the organizers of my husband’s conference don’t expect it to happen as planned. 🙁 Current word is that they will be trying to hold it at the Disneyland Hotel either in September or October. It is also possible that they go virtual... Darn it. Of course I immediately went through the mental math and started thinking... hmm, kids will be in school, but, maybe they’ll still do remote Zoom school, which they could do from Anaheim, or, of not, flights might be crazy cheap, so DH could drive down, and then we could catch up with him on the weekend... of course we have no idea what’ll actually happen, so I’m just spitballing here. Either way, it doesn’t look as if our July trip will happen... I’ll still keep lurking here, though, to try and send those of you who are still hopeful luck and good wishes!
🧚‍♀️ 🍀🤞🍀🤞🍀🤞🍀 🧚‍♂️

From the Disneyland Community Board:
More possible good news for July folks:

Fun speculation video from FBD. And my favorite of the comments so far from unknown source:
Busdriver73327 hours ago
We have been told to get all Toy Story buses prepped and ready to go for service. Buses are currently being fueled and a secondary deep cleaning is in effect so they are nice and shiny for the reopening. They have been sitting in the yard for nearly 3 months so they need to be defueled (because LNG fuel turns into a vapor from the liquid form) prior to being refueled. This process does take time and with 45 Toy Story buses that is why we have been told to start now. All indications do point to a July opening one would think. Either way we are bring staffing back for bus preparation which is a good sign. Fresh Baked!!!

Well...I logged into my DVC account today and they have cancelled my July 10-15 Trip.
We were supposed to then go to Aulani July 15-21. So we cancelled that...so sad. Some good news is American had added a layover into our direct flight, so we were able to get a refund not a voucher. Still waiting for Hawaiin Airlines to cancel our flight from Long Beach. They have cancelled all Long Beach flights to Honolulu through June 30 already

Well...I logged into my DVC account today and they have cancelled my July 10-15 Trip.
We were supposed to then go to Aulani July 15-21. So we cancelled that...so sad. Some good news is American had added a layover into our direct flight, so we were able to get a refund not a voucher. Still waiting for Hawaiin Airlines to cancel our flight from Long Beach. They have cancelled all Long Beach flights to Honolulu through June 30 already

After I saw your comment, I checked my DVC dashboard too. DVC cancelled my 7/14-7/15 and 7/15-7/17 (using different contracts with separate use years) reservations. The nights of 7/15 and 7/16 were showing as available when I looked at availability last night, so I re-booked them. They are still showing booked this AM, but I will check again later. I am local and would be happy to just go for a resort stay to look at a different space for a few days.

I am very interested to hear if anyone else other than two previous posters have had DVC reservations cancelled around 7/11 or so yet?

We decided to move our definite trip to October but are keeping the July reservation just in case until the last minute! (July 22-25)

Late to the party for July!

Fingers crossed for opening on 7/16 (like so many others!). If so, I'll fly down for a quick 2 days in the parks, assuming I can get the necessary reservations or such. I tend to keep a military Salute ticket going throughout the year for any random solo trips I may do. I used 1 day already, so I'm hopeful that a partially used ticket may help. But, of course, all speculation at this point.

BW Stovall's says they will be releasing their opening schedule this week, with some great deals, so I'll probably stay there again. My last stay there was pretty "meh," but it was also cloudy and rainy and cold, so that may have affected my attitude for that trip.

Looking forward to all the developments in the coming weeks!

Last edited:
I don't understand why they didn't open the resorts. I am booked 7/16-7/22. After I heard yesterday, I made a back-up reservation just in case. I'm not sure if its even worth it now coming from the east coast.

We are booked at Tropicana Inn & Suites for July 21-26 and have 5 day park hopper tickets with MaxPass attached. I'm waiting to see about these park reservations. It doesn't make any sense for us to fly in from Wisconsin if we aren't guaranteed entry to a park each day. I can understand they take away Park Hopper for right now because of the limited capacity...

Hopefully we will be ok since the hotels don't even open until July 23rd?

We're probably out too :( until next year. We're booked July 19-23 at Paradise Pier then 23-25th at DLH. Since it looks like DLH is not opening on the 23rd with the other two hotels, I'm guessing that will be it for us. Still happy they are opening for their 65th anniversary - to all that are able to go, ENJOY!

Our trip is all but cancelled as well given the delay in opening the hotels. We were booked from the 19th to the 24th at GCH. Between the hotels delayed opening and the limited experience (no fireworks, parades, shows, character meet & greets) we’ll just look towards maybe a May/June 2021 trip now.

Our trip is all but cancelled as well given the delay in opening the hotels. We were booked from the 19th to the 24th at GCH. Between the hotels delayed opening and the limited experience (no fireworks, parades, shows, character meet & greets) we’ll just look towards maybe a May/June 2021 trip now.
That's what we're looking at as well for rescheduling. I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

That's what we're looking at as well for rescheduling. I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

I hope so! I’m bummed but I’m just glad we never told our kiddos (3 & 5) about the trip as that would be tough to break it to them. At least this way they’ll have never known that the trip was cancelled and they have to wait a year to go for their first time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts