****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

Received email from resort today advising our upcoming visit is impacted by several closures. It does state reservations are currently available for Aug 1st and later. Not really gonna work for us as daughter is a teacher and school is suppose to start here 8/10. With all the unknowns of what school will entail she wants to keep the week ahead open for prep. Our next dates will most likely be Thanksgiving or Christmas. This all sucks so much. How bad will virus be in the Winter? Ugh...
Originally April trip, rescheduled to June, rescheduled to early July, rescheduled to end of July. Next date tbd.

Sorry I have been MIA. Trying not to be, but I just had my vacation. Since we couldn’t do Disneyland, we went to Las Vegas. It definitely wasn’t the same, but we did have a wonderful time. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who has vacations scheduled for July.

From the Speculation thread on the DL Community Board -- for those who had GCH or PPH reservations before 8/01/20 (HT: @Elsaspiritanimal):

Dear Guest,
We are sorry to inform you that your upcoming visit with us will be impacted by several closures. We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and there are many factors that are helping us determine the timing of when various aspects of our business will reopen in a responsible way.

Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park remain closed and will reopen at a later date, pending state and local government approvals. The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are also closed and will reopen at a later date. Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this process as responsibly as we can.

Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming hotel room reservation. If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Disneyland Resort hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, no further action needs to be taken. If you’re interested in modifying your existing travel dates, reservations are currently available for travel dates August 1, 2020 and later.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through July 31, 2020. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date for such time period, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Disneyland Resort hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package after your check-in date.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

To cancel or modify your reservation, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 7:00 AM PST and 9:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you are a Canada resident, please call (800) 496-6337.

If you originally booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Sadly I finally got my 7/26 Tropicana cancellation email. The rep on Facebook said that they would be offering the Facebook booking special again so hopefully I will be able to book another trip. Maybe August?

I know this is a July check in thread, but I am scheduled for August 2-8. Curious how early you guys received emails about cancellation. I do not want to cancel as this was a make up from March but I also don't want to wait too long and then run out of time to schedule a different trip. I just know that I am going SOMEWHERE in August!! :) I really want it to be Disneyland...but that seems to be a long shot :( Thank you!

I had August booked as well but canceled everything yesterday. I really don’t know when we will go, but I moved our flights for November, knowing I can cancel again.

I know this is a July check in thread, but I am scheduled for August 2-8. Curious how early you guys received emails about cancellation. I do not want to cancel as this was a make up from March but I also don't want to wait too long and then run out of time to schedule a different trip. I just know that I am going SOMEWHERE in August!! :) I really want it to be Disneyland...but that seems to be a long shot :( Thank you!
I would like to know too. We are also due to arrive 8/2

Looking at the responses earlier in the thread, it looks like people were receiving calls or emails anywhere from 2 or 3+ weeks out. I'd imagine you will be hearing something soon.

Tomorrow night we were supposed to depart for our moms with cocktails by the pool enjoying Disneyland weekend at the Grand. I had the beginning of next week off for the trip, and needed a break from reality, so we booked a room at a hotel with a pool that is open near the coast instead within a few hours drive from home, booked some kayak rentals since the next best thing to the mouse that I can drive to see is otters.

We're taking our teens since their Disney trips got cancelled for F&W and Memorial day. We decided to make copycat Disneyland Mint Juleps to drink by the pool, and go on a churro hunt at the various Mexican restaurants around the town we're visiting that have take out. Trying to think of other Disney themed snacks and things I could recreate on vacation with only a hotel fridge and access to the usual range of restaurants California has?

Any suggestions from other Mouselovers who aren't at Disney but should be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!