***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Yesterday was GORGEOUS here in Northern Michigan. 55 degrees! We had a "the back roads are too icy for the busses" school closure, so I got my 13yo to help me finish deep-cleaning the car. This weekend is going to be all about the final prep before we leave: packing, hair cuts, laundry, dishes, and my brother is putting new brakes on the car. :car:

Only 5 more days before we leave! I'm super excited for a physical and mental break, AND to get a lot of knitting done in the car. Yeah. Makes me sound like a grandma. I was even debating bringing a simple project into the parks to knit on while DH and the kids ride stuff I can't go on, but I'm pretty sure he would be horrified at that idea. :rolleyes:

I managed to talk DH out of a sit-down meal on arrival day. We have NO IDEA when we will get there because of all the potential traffic issues. There are plenty of counter-service options at the resorts and DS that we DO NOT need to spend 3x the money just to have a server bring us the food. We already have 3 ADRs, and IMO we don't need more.

Five more days!

We arrived a couple hours ago. The drive took us 21 hours, but we were planning on up to 24 hours with stops, so we made good time. We got here before check in, so we headed to the Disney Outlet Store. Snagged some amazing deals. We checked in at Caribbean Beach and I had requested a ground floor room because I have mobility issues and will be using a wheelchair some in the park because my ankle swells up from a 10 y/o break when I over excert it. Anyway, they assigned us a second story room as far from the parking lot and stairs as humanly possible. So I went to guest services to see what they could do. They are full tonight, but tomorrow they will let us switch to a ground floor room in another building and we got 2 anytime anyride Fastpasses for tomorrow. I almost wish we were going to AK or DHS tomorrow where those passes would have really made a difference. Not that they won’t in Magic Kingdom. Fiancé is showering right now and then we are heading to Disney Springs. We are eating at Earl of Sandwich and do a little more shopping before coming back to swim and go to bed early.

5C29B772-219A-4C21-9403-BFE69FA4002E.jpeg On ME now the lines were insane I’ve never seen it backed up waited 30 mins just to board the bus

View attachment 388528 On ME now the lines were insane I’ve never seen it backed up waited 30 mins just to board the bus
Ugh I had the longest wait for DME this past December. I remember walking past this mass of people wondering what they were waiting for and it was DME check-in :crazy2: I had to walk all the way back and get in that crazy line!

I went last spring the Saturday before Easter and barely had a DME check-in wait. I wonder if Disney is understaffing or sending less busses through? :confused3

Ugh I had the longest wait for DME this past December. I remember walking past this mass of people wondering what they were waiting for and it was DME check-in :crazy2: I had to walk all the way back and get in that crazy line!

I went last spring the Saturday before Easter and barely had a DME check-in wait. I wonder if Disney is understaffing or sending less busses through? :confused3
Me too it was crazy backed up for every resort.

Wait until you see the insanity at the parks especially The Magic Kingdom I just was there a few days ago.
Went to AK it was nuts ended up in DS to activate our AP’s and still had to wait 45 minutes.
Thanksgiving wasn’t this bad.

Went to AK it was nuts ended up in DS to activate our AP’s and still had to wait 45 minutes.
Thanksgiving wasn’t this bad.
Don't get me wrong my family and I had a great time. However, lessons were learned and I will never go to Disney during spring break again. The best time I have found to go is the week immediately when school gets out is a good time, low crowds before the huge summer rush.

Second day report: went to AK today. It was early morning entry. Left our room at the Poly at 7 am again, only waited for bus for two minutes. Arrived at 7:30. It looked crowded but got into park without any delay and walked straight past the long LONG line for FOP to walk on to Navvi River Run. Then did Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl x2, and Everest all by 9 am. Stopped for breakfast at Yak and Yeti Local Food Canteen. In line to meet Dug and Russ, then sign up for Wilderness Explorers. Safari (FP), then Everest again (FP). Then did about 7 wilderness explorer activities concentrated around Asia. Walked the jungle trek which was a nice break. Back out, met Pocahontas, and stopped for ice cream break. Back to FOP (FP... and it was soooo good). Left park at 2 pm.... back to room by 2:45. Resting in room now. Have Adr for Kona at 5 tonight and might try the campfire on the Poly Beach. It was another fabulous day... I feel like we got so much done. Getting into the parks early really has paid off for us. People keep saying how busy things are but I don’t think I’ve waited for anything including rides, buses, characters.... for more than 15 minutes. As a note, when we did our first Everest standby, the Disney app said a 30 minute wait and we did it in 14.

On the plane heading home :(. The last couple days were definitely lower crowds than the beginning of the week fortunately. Still super busy and we definitely did fewer rides than we are used to at DL. Great trip all in all, we loved the Boardwalk and the Hard Rock, and it was fun to see all the new stuff since our last trip in 2010.

back home in boston unpacking, already missing everything about Disney! it was busy this past week but that didn’t really impact us, as we were still able to do and see everything we wanted. have to start planning another trip soon! good luck and have fun to all who are still yet to head down this month.

It’s packing day!!!! And I’ve been getting my TP room request reminders as well. I had a small panicky moment when I thought I had requested a room right next to the construction at CBR but a quick map check showed that I had not. Phew!

Today is major cleaning day, and packing suitcases.

Tomorrow is work.

Tuesday is final dishes/laundry day.

Wednesday is go to all of our appointments, get the car packed, and try to sleep!

We’ve been waiting so long for this trip is seems weird that it’s nearly here suddenly!

I'm heeeeere! Room was ready early at CB so we're resting a bit before heading to Epcot. DME wait wasn't bad and our resort was first drop off. Wasn't expecting to get into room yet but got the magical text. :shamrock::earsgirl:

Got back late last night. Some random thoughts:

It was WAY more crowded than I thought it would be. We've done Spring Break before (3 - 4 years ago) and this was much busier. I noticed a lot more school groups and a lot more foreign groups (yes, including Brazilians.) Waits for FOP topped 150 minutes just after RD and Slinky wasn't much better.

Which leads me to my big shocker of the trip - you need a FP for Figment now. FIGMENT. I think what is happening is they've put Wreck it Ralph & Vanellope at the end of that ride as a Meet & Greet, and people don't realize you could just go in through the gift shop and walk into the play area to get on their line. Wait times for standby were regularly over 50 minutes. For FIGMENT. (I mean, we love Figment, but seriously, it's never been more than a 10 minute standby in years past.)

My big favorites this year were the new-to-me MK fireworks and show (Happily Ever After), which I was awestruck by, and the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno - Flynn & Rapunzel are awesome and the food is amazing. I'd like to go back and eat 'regular' food there sometime; the breakfast is a bargain for what you get food-wise.

Rode everything we wanted to at least once. We did 10 days this time and that's maybe a bit long for us - 6 or 7 days is probably about perfect. Not sure when our next trip will be so I wanted to really get it all in this time, and I think we succeeded.

Cheap souvenir alert - the reusable bags at each park, Disney Springs and resorts are a steal at $1, $1.50, and $2. Great bargain for a nice bag. Small is perfect for lunches, medium for groceries, large for laundry or bulk item purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter