Official May 2018

5 sleeps until we go on Saturday. But this weather is going to suck. It is not going to be the normal Florida weather where it rains for 30 minutes and then sunny and steamy the rest of the day. There is a system in the gulf that is gathering and the rain is just sitting over Florida. They are saying it could possibly form into a tropical depression in the next couple of days. So looking for steady rains, heavy at times, over the next week or so. Looks like it will start to clear up around Monday next week. We are shopping for rain gear and rain shoes/boots to bring with us in hopes of staying dry while at the parks.
We go on Saturday also, first park day Sunday. Going to be wet but seems to lessen after that and back to normal May rains. Those there now are going to be pretty water logged this week.

Not sure if they’re still there, but I got fast passes for frozen ever after for May 31st today! There were lots of fastpassee available from 3pm and beyond. Sorry I said something pretty late, I just happened to modify my test track fast passes and saw frozen.

Only 14 days to go!!! So close I can taste it LOL I have pretty much decided to cancel our Whispering Canyon Cafe reservation, very disappointed they did away with the fun as that is mostly why we were going. Oh well, we can get 2 counter service meals most likely for the price we would have paid for that table service. I am considering canceling a few other TS meals to save money we had some things come up that ate into our Disney budget sadly. We will still have a great time though, so I am not super worried about it.

Only 14 days to go!!! So close I can taste it LOL I have pretty much decided to cancel our Whispering Canyon Cafe reservation, very disappointed they did away with the fun as that is mostly why we were going. Oh well, we can get 2 counter service meals most likely for the price we would have paid for that table service. I am considering canceling a few other TS meals to save money we had some things come up that ate into our Disney budget sadly. We will still have a great time though, so I am not super worried about it.
13 days for us! Hope we all have a wonderful trip!

Just got back late Saturday/early Sunday

My family is back from our trip as well (May 6-10). I'm very happy because just about everything with the trip went as planned and the first timers (DW, DD5, DD2) all are anxious to go again. Somebody here needs to create the "Official May 2021" thread so I can start posting there in preparation for the next trip. Early May is such a nice time to go. DD5 loved 7DMT but I had only gotten 1 fastpass+ for it before our trip and it was too hard to get another fp during the trip. At least one morning though we were able to ride the Goofy coaster three times in a row without getting off the ride.

I agree. Our next big trip isn't until 2021, but we planned on doing smaller trips every year where we go down just for a Christmas party. DS 6 loves mine train as well, but I think big thunder became his new favorite. I got lucky finding fast passes throughout the day along with having rider swap with dd2. Between the 2 days we spent in MK DS had the whole safety intro memorized.

10 Days to go! I am ready, I am ready lol ok not really! I have not started packing yet lol we still gotta get through graduation next Friday, THEN I'll be on task to get it all done! Magic band decals came the other day, I need to apply them so they have time to secure well before our trip. We need to find our portable battery chargers for our phones, pull out suitcases etc etc. I did book our hotel in Gainesville though for the drive down, it's about 8 hours. That's about as much as I want to drive and hit the parks the next day, so we'll only have a couple hours that morning. Plan is to check into the hotel early and make sure magic bands are good, hit character warehouse, grocery store for water/snacks/easy breakfast stuff, hopefully check into room at least a hour or so before our first fast pass at Epcot that evening.

Does anyone carry over into June? I'm switching a park day and going to release AK fastpasses for 6/1. Thought I'd give a heads up.

Edit-Just opened 4 FP's, EE@9AM, Safari@10AM and FOP@12PM. Hope someone can grab them.

Last edited:
Hey hey! Well i know most of you have already gone on your trip or are there now, but we still have 5 days to go until our trip begins! I am so excited and ready. Hoping for non major rain!

Hey hey! Well i know most of you have already gone on your trip or are there now, but we still have 5 days to go until our trip begins! I am so excited and ready. Hoping for non major rain!
We leave in 4 days and I'm so hoping for decent weather. It will be nice to have the temperatures kept down into the 80's but I don't want rain all day every day!

We've been back for a week. We dodged a bullet with the rain. It wasn't too bad but I heard it was bad the week before and week after. It was an amazing trip. Is there an October 2021 thread yet? :rotfl2:That's when I plan to go again.

We've been back for a week. We dodged a bullet with the rain. It wasn't too bad but I heard it was bad the week before and week after. It was an amazing trip. Is there an October 2021 thread yet? :rotfl2:That's when I plan to go again.

Yeah I think we were there the same week, did you get caught in the rain during Happily Ever After on Thurs (5/24) too? That was the only time that week we ran into rain, and of course it was the only time we forgot to bring our ponchos haha! It wasn't bad though, it only lasted maybe 5 - 10 minutes. Other than that, great weather all week, especially nice considering my work manager had been there the week before and his family got caught in the rain multiple times from that mid May tropical storm.

Yeah I think we were there the same week, did you get caught in the rain during Happily Ever After on Thurs (5/24) too? That was the only time that week we ran into rain, and of course it was the only time we forgot to bring our ponchos haha! It wasn't bad though, it only lasted maybe 5 - 10 minutes. Other than that, great weather all week, especially nice considering my work manager had been there the week before and his family got caught in the rain multiple times from that mid May tropical storm.

We were actually in Space Mountain and it was just finishing up as we came out. We had rain the previous Sunday at Epcot but other than we really did get lucky. They were expecting storms on Friday but they never arrived. We were in line for Kali River Rapids and they announced that they may have to shut down as a storm was on it's way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!