****Official May 2019 thread****

Hey, @Daniela Rose , somehow I ended up on your list twice and my dates aren't quite correct (our trip has changed a couple times, so that probably explains it). Anyway, we're officially going 5/11-5/21 and we'll be staying at Pop pretty much the whole time (first night at AoA, but maybe that doesn't matter). Thanks!

Fixed

We already know that Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will begin offering shows on March 31, 2019. Today, we’ve heard that DJ, the rockin’ blue car will bring his mix of beats to Sunset Showcase as well!

Multiple times per day DJ will appear in the Sunset Showcase Courtyard to lead a great cars themed dance party. DJ used to hold a similar dance party in Disney California Adventure at Radiator Springs. It was called DJ’s Dance and Drive. His pit crew will take the place of the the dancing waitresses. It should be a fun time for kids of all ages!

We’re booked for May 18-20 at POFQ and May 21-24 at Hard Rock Hotel and the 24th at Cabana Bay before a very early flight on the 25th. So excited!

Bit short of a Disney portion but the whole point was to use our Universal APs so I’m just happy DH agreed to the Disney part at all!

Our plans (unless I change them again haha):

Sat May 18: arrive MCO 5pm. Will likely Uber directly to MK while our bags go to the hotel. Have BTMRR booked for 6-7, SDMT for 7-8 and PP for 8-9. Assuming/hoping MK will be open until at least 11 so we’ll close it out.

Sun May 19: AK day. FOP 10:45-11:45, KS 1-2 and EE 2-3. We’ll see what the wait is like at Navi and plan on Satulii Canteen for lunch. Figure if we wake up in time, we can head out earlier and do Dino etc or else we’ll just aim for 11. Homecoming reso at 7:30 but I’m debating cancelling and just doing QS so we can hit the Void experience and def want to go to Jocks again.

Mon May 20: DHS day. SDD booked for 9:35-10:35, RnR and ST back to back after that. Planning on RD so we can do TSMM and AS2 before our SDD FP. Reso at Prime Time for 12:15 then likely head out to grab our bags and head over to Universal.

As per usual, Universal days are way less planned lol. Our typical arrival day means the HP rides and a drink at the Hogs Head but that’s about it for plans!

We’re booked for May 18-20 at POFQ and May 21-24 at Hard Rock Hotel and the 24th at Cabana Bay before a very early flight on the 25th. So excited!

Bit short of a Disney portion but the whole point was to use our Universal APs so I’m just happy DH agreed to the Disney part at all!

Our plans (unless I change them again haha):

Sat May 18: arrive MCO 5pm. Will likely Uber directly to MK while our bags go to the hotel. Have BTMRR booked for 6-7, SDMT for 7-8 and PP for 8-9. Assuming/hoping MK will be open until at least 11 so we’ll close it out.

Sun May 19: AK day. FOP 10:45-11:45, KS 1-2 and EE 2-3. We’ll see what the wait is like at Navi and plan on Satulii Canteen for lunch. Figure if we wake up in time, we can head out earlier and do Dino etc or else we’ll just aim for 11. Homecoming reso at 7:30 but I’m debating cancelling and just doing QS so we can hit the Void experience and def want to go to Jocks again.

Mon May 20: DHS day. SDD booked for 9:35-10:35, RnR and ST back to back after that. Planning on RD so we can do TSMM and AS2 before our SDD FP. Reso at Prime Time for 12:15 then likely head out to grab our bags and head over to Universal.

As per usual, Universal days are way less planned lol. Our typical arrival day means the HP rides and a drink at the Hogs Head but that’s about it for plans!
We overlap trips a little....I know what you mean about a Universal trip being more laid back. We aren't doing Universal in May but we will spend a day there in September. Can't wait for the new roller coaster!

I can't believe I haven't subscribed to this thread yet. We will be there from May 29th to June 8th. We are staying 1 night at OKW and then moving over to BCV for the rest of our stay. We are all so excited, we will be celebrating my DD17's high school graduation. She is planning the entire trip with my guidance of course, and she is doing a great job :love:. We make our FP selections in 6 days, crossing our fingers we get everything we want at the times we want too.

def want to go to Jocks again.
Ah Jock Lindsey's! My whole family loves it. Normally we are a non-super-planning family and there's always room to fit it in, but the May trip is a huge Girl's trip so it's a bit more structured and I'm not sure it'll fit in. Then Oct. is a work trip and I don't know the whole itinerary yet so it may be out then, too. Now I'm very sad.......

Ah Jock Lindsey's! My whole family loves it. Normally we are a non-super-planning family and there's always room to fit it in, but the May trip is a huge Girl's trip so it's a bit more structured and I'm not sure it'll fit in. Then Oct. is a work trip and I don't know the whole itinerary yet so it may be out then, too. Now I'm very sad.......

Ha sorry to make you sad :). We went on our Dec 2017 trip and it was so cold we were very lucky to get a seat since outside was freezing - we actually left and came back. But it was so worth it - we had a blast!

We overlap trips a little....I know what you mean about a Universal trip being more laid back. We aren't doing Universal in May but we will spend a day there in September. Can't wait for the new roller coaster!

As huge HP fans I can’t believe we are missing it by like 3 weeks! Oh well. Another new thing for our epic trip in 2021 or 2022.

Umm.... looks like Wednesdays in MK are the "in" thing right now! This is a screenshot from this morning.

View attachment 390653
That's because Wednesday's have PM EMH, which are great unless everyone goes lol!

So is anyone doing any EMM events? Waiting to see if they'll have any DAH? We did HS after hours in Jan. and loved it. We'd definitely do any DAH if they offer them on the 2nd, 3rd or 5th! Have the Illuminations cruise on the 4th so that's out; therefore I expect the 4th to be the only night they offer any :rotfl2:

I currently have DHS EMM on wed May 15th but hoping for DAH at both MK and DHS the week of 12-19. Fingers crossed !

That's because Wednesday's have PM EMH, which are great unless everyone goes lol!

So is anyone doing any EMM events? Waiting to see if they'll have any DAH? We did HS after hours in Jan. and loved it. We'd definitely do any DAH if they offer them on the 2nd, 3rd or 5th! Have the Illuminations cruise on the 4th so that's out; therefore I expect the 4th to be the only night they offer any :rotfl2:

Oh, I definitely blame EMH. It's interesting to see such evidence though of the fact that EMH days are more popular!

Oh, and @ariane37 , to answer your other question... Yep, we have EMM booked at both TSL and MK but would really prefer to switch both to DAH if we ever get dates for those in May. Sigh.
Awesome! We did TSL EMM back in Nov and loved that, too. We were also pleasantly surprised how good the breakfast was :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter