****Official May 2019 thread****

Just checked our countdown app, we leave in 10 days GAAAAAA!!! We all have been so busy that we lost track of how many days we have left. My DD18 graduates on Tuesday and my DD15 starts her finals tomorrow. It is time for me to get into vacation mode :laundy:

I have never seen my DH so excited about a trip before (and we have gone on many Disney trips). Last night he and I were sitting on the couch and then all of a sudden he is casting on the TV a YouTube video about BCV. He not only watched a couple videos about BCV but he also watched a couple DFB videos too. I was shocked, he has never done that before. This will be the first time we are staying in a 2 bedroom at BCV, we have only stayed in studios there. Plus it is our favorite resort on property and it has been a while since we last stayed there and we are all beyond excited. 9 more days!!!! :goofy::mickeyjum:donald::dumbo::figment::hmghost:

Tomorrow's the big day!!! I'm all packed and have my luggage tags on and my magic bands in the carry on! I can't wait!!!!!! See ya real soon, WDW! :figment:

I have a question for those that have already gone and came back. How hot is it right now in WDW? I have been watching the forecast and it is saying that it is in the 90s right now. We are coming from Illinois where the temperatures here are in the upper 70s/lower 80s but we aren't getting the humidity that Florida gets. We have been to WDW in August and September before when the humidity was unbearable, I am just curious if the forecasters are wrong or if it is really as hot as they say it is. We leave next Wednesday so I know the temps will change between now and when we leave. And of course we all know to stay hydrated and will be taking breaks during the day to avoid being in the sun too long.

I have a question for those that have already gone and came back. How hot is it right now in WDW? I have been watching the forecast and it is saying that it is in the 90s right now. We are coming from Illinois where the temperatures here are in the upper 70s/lower 80s but we aren't getting the humidity that Florida gets. We have been to WDW in August and September before when the humidity was unbearable, I am just curious if the forecasters are wrong or if it is really as hot as they say it is. We leave next Wednesday so I know the temps will change between now and when we leave. And of course we all know to stay hydrated and will be taking breaks during the day to avoid being in the sun too long.

I came back on the 6th so it's been a couple weeks, but it was pretty darn hot when I was there. Not Aug/Sept. hot and the humidity wasn't bad but it was starting to become noticeable. I know others who have been more recently have said it's pretty hot too I would assume the 90's are correct. On previous late May trips I've noticed the humidity does set in by then, but again not nearly as bad as it is in the late summer. So plan for HOT but not as bad as Aug/Sept. and have a great time!

It was HOT on the sunny days. Like, very comparable to our Sept 2015 trip. The cloudy/rainy days were much nicer.

We got back Tuesday and it was very hot. We found it more bearable than our trip last June though. The humidity wasn’t bad. We found it to be the worse in the mornings. Definitely find cool places to sit and rest and always have water on hand.
Hope you have a magical trip!

We got back Tuesday and it was very hot. We found it more bearable than our trip last June though. The humidity wasn’t bad. We found it to be the worse in the mornings. Definitely find cool places to sit and rest and always have water on hand.
Hope you have a magical trip!
Hey TXCinderella! I think you wrote on my dry erase board at ASMo! Thanks so much! I hope that you had a great trip!
Yes, I just returned from a week-long stay and it was HOT! I used a mist fan and a cooling towel a lot. I imagine from now until October it will be very steamy.

We returned last thursday and I feel it was very warm. An added bonus, it didn't rain one single iota while we were there! Had a great trip and was able to do everything I had planned with the exception of Splash. It was down during our fast pass time and when it came back up the fast pass wait was upwards of 45 minutes!

We just got back last Thursday and it was HOT. I'm used to the high humidity here in St Louis. I felt it was as hot as it was in Sept 2015. Stay hydrated and utilize inside queues when available and you should be ok. I brought 2 pairs of capris and a pair of long pants and never wore any 0f those. Wore shorts, skirts, and summer dresses the entire trip. Oh, and temps rarely got below 90 for each day we were there.

Hey TXCinderella! I think you wrote on my dry erase board at ASMo! Thanks so much! I hope that you had a great trip!
Yes, I just returned from a week-long stay and it was HOT! I used a mist fan and a cooling towel a lot. I imagine from now until October it will be very steamy.
That was me! I saw you’re board as we were packing up our car to leave. We had a wonderful time. Hope your trip was great as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter