"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else getting errors when trying to reserve the party dining online?

Only for CRT (maybe CP? haven't tried that). Seems to be a glitch that has to do with the page not fully loading the pre-pay amount, i.e. I got allllll the way to "reserve" and it still showed $0.00 would be charged to my card when it should be ~$150 for 2 of us. Hit reserve anyway, then it returns with the error to try again or call dining.

I booked for BOG (and then canceled) with no issues, and with BOG it is a credit card guarantee only, not full advanced payment. So I assume that is the issue.

I'd just call and not waste any time; saw lots of CRT times go away between this morning and tonight.

Only for CRT (maybe CP? haven't tried that). Seems to be a glitch that has to do with the page not fully loading the pre-pay amount, i.e. I got allllll the way to "reserve" and it still showed $0.00 would be charged to my card when it should be ~$150 for 2 of us. Hit reserve anyway, then it returns with the error to try again or call dining.

I booked for BOG (and then canceled) with no issues, and with BOG it is a credit card guarantee only, not full advanced payment. So I assume that is the issue.

I'd just call and not waste any time; saw lots of CRT times go away between this morning and tonight.
Thanks! I was on hold for 30 minutes and she was about to confirm a 7:10 res at CRT and then the phone disconnected! Im currently back on hold for 20 min :worship:

Hey everyone, so I'll be going the first week in December this year. This will be our first Christmas-time visit. Realistically, what kind of wait times should we expect on rides during MVMCP? I'm sure the big attractions won't be walk on but are the wait times reduced a good amount at all?

Most people go to the parties for the party-specific things, so ride wait times are usually low.

Should I get ressie at 7pm, will I miss things in the party?

Since the party only lasts 5 hours (and isn't cheap), spending maybe an hour in a restaurant isn't the best use of party time in my opinion.

I am all booked for 12/17. My only goal - get my picture with my Disney hero - Scrooge McDuck. Is the line usually super long for the richest duck in the world? Should I be queuing up early?

SO CONFUSED!!!

I already made reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party .... they are now saying there will be (another?) dessert party launching soon?

Visions of sugarplums? Attendees may also purchase tickets to the Very Merry Dessert Party, a smorgasbord of sweets served during our dazzling fireworks display—it’s the perfect after-dinner treat. More details coming soon!

There's a Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party on party nights that require a MVMCP ticket & then the regular TT Dessert Party.

Surely people can't go to the regular TT dessert party without MVMCP tickets???

it really does seem like there'll be a second dessert party option for those with mvmcp tickets based on that description!

Anything is possible, but right now Disney is all over the place, and not likely. The MVMCP & MNSSHP Dessert Parties were released a week ago, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/wishes-fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/. This is only during MVMCP, so requires a MVMCP ticket too. And even on that page it has last year's name in the description but it's given a new name since Wishes has ended. And there's a separate link/page you can book it. No other source has indicated that there's something extra.

Then....What I was stating earlier was that there's https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/ and https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party-plaza-view/ both are offered all other nights @ MK, non-party nights.

Anything is possible, but right now Disney is all over the place. The MVMCP & MNSSHP Dessert Parties were released a week ago, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/wishes-fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/. This is only during MVMCP, so requires a MVMCP ticket too. And even on that page it has last year's name in the description but it's given a new name since Wishes has ended. And there's a separate link/page you can book it. No other source has indicated that there's something extra.

Then....What I was stating earlier was that there's https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/ and https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party-plaza-view/ both are offered all other nights @ MK, non-party nights.
That makes complete sense! They'd have to change the name with Wishes gone.

.... I was hoping another party option would be available with the parade viewing :( I've contacted them three times( just to make sure) and one didn't answer my question , and the other two said it was not included with mvmcp dessert party BUT that could change at a later date . So disappointing. I wish there was more consistency with the responses.

.... I was hoping another party option would be available with the parade viewing :( I've contacted them three times( just to make sure) and one didn't answer my question , and the other two said it was not included with mvmcp dessert party BUT that could change at a later date . So disappointing. I wish there was more consistency with the responses.
Did you complain to guest services? Send an email if you haven't, it's what the rest of are doing.

Did you complain to guest services? Send an email if you haven't, it's what the rest of are doing.
Yes! I've contacted them three times. I hope the more complaints the more likely they are to change it! I wonder what the reason is for not offferibg it this time. Do you have the number to call or an email address? Maybe it's different than one I used. I'll plan to send one every once in awhile

Well, count me in as one who bought tickets for the MVMCP Fireworks Dessert Party... then cancelled. We did the regular Dessert Party with Plaza Viewing two weeks ago and we loved it, but I'm not going to pony up for basically the same experience if they aren't throwing in the parade.

And here's a question: given that alcohol is now served at multiple TS restaurants around MK, why don't they start serving it at the dessert parties? MK's parties cost more than Epcot's and HS's even without alcohol. Would it really be THAT much of an issue to just set up a bar for wine and beer?

I am all booked for 12/17. My only goal - get my picture with my Disney hero - Scrooge McDuck. Is the line usually super long for the richest duck in the world? Should I be queuing up early?

If you line up for Scrooge in the past you usually get a couple other characters like Daisy and Donald. This meet is very popular.

I would recommend getting in line about 45 minutes in advance of party start. This way you won't waste any party time waiting and you should be one of the first groups to see him.

If you wait until later in the party you might get lucky with a shorter line but I think his line stays pretty consistently close to an hour.

I'd say I waited around 50 minutes between getting in line and crying like a little kid when I right in front of him. That included a 10 minute break for the characters. He was my only priority that night and we queued as soon as Frozen bit in front of the castle was done, 7:10pm maybe.

Anything is possible, but right now Disney is all over the place, and not likely. The MVMCP & MNSSHP Dessert Parties were released a week ago, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/wishes-fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/. This is only during MVMCP, so requires a MVMCP ticket too. And even on that page it has last year's name in the description but it's given a new name since Wishes has ended. And there's a separate link/page you can book it. No other source has indicated that there's something extra.

I also think there is just the one dessert party going to be offered. The page for the holiday fireworks dessert party, that is already open to book, uses the same words "visions of sugarplums" in its description.

"Available once again on select nights from November 9 through December 22, 2017, the Holiday Wishes Dessert Premium Package gives Guests like you—with visions of sugarplums dancing in your head—the chance to treat your senses to fa-la-la-fantastic views of Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks bursting high above Cinderella Castle."

Yes! I've contacted them three times. I hope the more complaints the more likely they are to change it! I wonder what the reason is for not offferibg it this time. Do you have the number to call or an email address? Maybe it's different than one I used. I'll plan to send one every once in awhile
Good idea! I just used the online contact us form.

Well, count me in as one who bought tickets for the MVMCP Fireworks Dessert Party... then cancelled. We did the regular Dessert Party with Plaza Viewing two weeks ago and we loved it, but I'm not going to pony up for basically the same experience if they aren't throwing in the parade.

And here's a question: given that alcohol is now served at multiple TS restaurants around MK, why don't they start serving it at the dessert parties? MK's parties cost more than Epcot's and HS's even without alcohol. Would it really be THAT much of an issue to just set up a bar for wine and beer?
Sad part is the new Frozen party at Epcot is the same $79. Alcohol included. But why ad it if people will pay up without it?

I'd say I waited around 50 minutes between getting in line and crying like a little kid when I right in front of him. That included a 10 minute break for the characters. He was my only priority that night and we queued as soon as Frozen bit in front of the castle was done, 7:10pm maybe.
Thanks, Lucy! And I LOVE your photo with him! I will be doing the exact same thing!

I've read that you can't get fast passes with a MVMCP ticket but also have read that you can if you book the fp's between 3:30-6:30. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter