"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help deciding on which MVMCP. Dec 14 or Dec 17, will there be a difference in crowds? The 14 is only our second full day and I am leaning toward going the 17-more the middle of our trip. I'd appreciate any thoughts, Thank you.

Excited for our first party! We are taking a 6am flight into MCO on the first night of the party so I figure that's a bad night to do it. I figured Sunday was best- less crowded and our flight isn't til 3pm next day. But let's say forecast calls for rain. Is it even possible to exchange? Am I better off buying at the door for that weekend? (Kind of a bummer as I'll have an AP for the first time and could use the discount. Thanks all!

I don't know if this would make you too nervous, but we bought our Christmas party tickets just two days before the event last year after I saw the short term forecast, and it was the middle of December. It was a Sunday night and it still wasn't listed as 'sold out' when we arrived that evening.

Why do I get the feeling it's a copy and paste of details from previous years? They did go to the effort to mention "Happily Ever After" though so not a complete copy-paste.
Yea I was excited until I scrolled and felt like I was reading last years, and I thought originally the fireworks would be kept as Holiday Wishes - it's still far out but any mention of the party gets me excited

Yea I was excited until I scrolled and felt like I was reading last years, and I thought originally the fireworks would be kept as Holiday Wishes - it's still far out but any mention of the party gets me excited
It will be! I'll edit my previous post to prevent confusion!

I applaud this Moms' Panel participant, she is IDEALLY suited to her volunteer position and really ought to be considered for a full time Disney guest services email answering position.
Forget Disney. She should run for public office.:rolleyes:

She is actually a He. I clicked the link and read the whole answer, his name is Marc, single father of one boy. Just thought I'd throw that out. Disney Mom's Panel isn't just for moms!

So I have tried to go back and get an idea on crowds, but challenging sometimes.
Can someone let me know what kind of crowds for the Christmas Party. We are going Sunday Nov 12th. 1st time at any of the parties like this.
I guess, are we going to have to stand in long lines? Just 2 adults. My GF has never been to the World before.

So I have tried to go back and get an idea on crowds, but challenging sometimes.
Can someone let me know what kind of crowds for the Christmas Party. We are going Sunday Nov 12th. 1st time at any of the parties like this.
I guess, are we going to have to stand in long lines? Just 2 adults. My GF has never been to the World before.
If you want to meet rare characters you'll be standing in long lines. If you want to do rides, you probably will not.

Thank you, we would be more ride people. But that said, lot's of new things for both of us to see. Never have seen the castle in the Christmas decor in person.

Hi all- does anyone know if Jingle Bam will be shown every night, or alternated with the Star Wars show!

Thanks!
Not sure that it was officially posted, but last year they ran separate times, Star Wars was more like 6 and Jingle Bam was 9 - not sure the exact times but they were not alternating nights

Not sure that it was officially posted, but last year they ran separate times, Star Wars was more like 6 and Jingle Bam was 9 - not sure the exact times but they were not alternating nights
I think that only occurred for the second half of Dec if I recall correctly. They only ran jingle bell jingle bam once it started in nov until mid dec

Hi all- does anyone know if Jingle Bam will be shown every night, or alternated with the Star Wars show!

Thanks!
During the time frame that JBJB is running, Star Wars will not be running. SW will return after the holiday season (or at least that's how it happened last year). I think that's what you were asking.

During the time frame that JBJB is running, Star Wars will not be running. SW will return after the holiday season (or at least that's how it happened last year). I think that's what you were asking.
Thanks for the info!

I just looked on the WDW calendar and saw JBJB running every night we are there (mid-Nov), but no SW times listed yet. I was hoping they would have both (either one early/one late or alternating nights). We loved SW so much last time, was hoping to see it again. But I am looking forward to seeing the JBJB show too! It will be our first time there in Nov. Can't wait to get into the spirit :)

Actually it was just posted that SW fireworks & JBJB will both run Dec 15- 31.

I found out that I will be attending my first Very Merry Christmas Party! Because there is so little information out online and most of my questions are waiting on "official" word, I had two questions that the official information won't really cover. First, I'm scheduled for a party after Splash Mountain reopens from refurbishment. After some research online I saw Big Thunder Mountain had the same refurb last year and was not included on the official map. For those who did attend the parties after Big Thunder reopened from refurbishment, was it included in the party afterwards? I'm hoping the same for Splash but this is the only way I can find out. Secondly, the only exclusive character I am looking forward to is Scrooge McDuck. How bad is the line for meeting him. Easywdw mentioned it is 45-60 minutes. I trust Easywdw but it's nice to have other people chime in as well, which is why I am asking. I look forward to finding out more with you all!

I found out that I will be attending my first Very Merry Christmas Party! Because there is so little information out online and most of my questions are waiting on "official" word, I had two questions that the official information won't really cover. First, I'm scheduled for a party after Splash Mountain reopens from refurbishment. After some research online I saw Big Thunder Mountain had the same refurb last year and was not included on the official map. For those who did attend the parties after Big Thunder reopened from refurbishment, was it included in the party afterwards? I'm hoping the same for Splash but this is the only way I can find out. Secondly, the only exclusive character I am looking forward to is Scrooge McDuck. How bad is the line for meeting him. Easywdw mentioned it is 45-60 minutes. I trust Easywdw but it's nice to have other people chime in as well, which is why I am asking. I look forward to finding out more with you all!
We rode BTMRR at our party last year.

Last year we lined up for Scrooge around 6:30 (later than I planned, goal was closer to 6). Our pictures are time stamped 7:50. The line moves very slow. This was also on a sold out night (2nd to last party).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter