OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Does extended hours mean extended crowds?
A park that has extended hours tends to be more crowded all day long than a park with regular hours. When MK has extended hours you tend to get people pouring in from other parks that closed earlier than MK. I've seen them coming off the monorail from Epcot to enter MK as we leave in the evening.

Ok so 31 days to go and I’m still obsessing over FP :rolleyes1
After more tweaking I was very surprised to be able to move my morning AK FP’s including FOP to later in the day :cheer2:
Since we have later FP’s and the dessert party the day before at MK I was hoping to move Wednesday FP’s to later. Plus with enjoying ROL we won’t have to leave and return later.
Plus my DD will enjoy having a couple days of sleeping in ;)

After more tweaking I was very surprised to be able to move my morning AK FP’s including FOP to later in the day :cheer2:
Since we have later FP’s and the dessert party the day before at MK I was hoping to move Wednesday FP’s to later. Plus with enjoying ROL we won’t have to leave and return later.

I swore I was done modifying, but I am addicted to it now apparently. You gave me the idea of riding 7D at night, so I changed it :D

I really need to step away from MDE for a bit.:rotfl2:

Wow I'm shocked that you were able to do change your FOP.

Since they announced 8 am MK openings, I've been trying to get another 7D but it's not working out. The only time available is too close to HEA time. I'll keep looking occasionally to see if anyone cancels an earlier one. I need to figure out our touring plans for the 2 MK days that open early. I don't think I'm going to rope drop 7D like I was going to do with a BOG PPO. I'm debating if we should start in Fantasyland or elsewhere. Decisions. Decisions.

I swore I was done modifying, but I am addicted to it now apparently. You gave me the idea of riding 7D at night, so I changed it :D

I really need to step away from MDE for a bit.:rotfl2:
Well you gave the idea for later FP's :D That's why I love the DIS so much it's great to share plans and bounce ideas off one another :disrocks:

Wow I'm shocked that you were able to do change your FOP.

Since they announced 8 am MK openings, I've been trying to get another 7D but it's not working out. The only time available is too close to HEA time. I'll keep looking occasionally to see if anyone cancels an earlier one. I need to figure out our touring plans for the 2 MK days that open early. I don't think I'm going to rope drop 7D like I was going to do with a BOG PPO. I'm debating if we should start in Fantasyland or elsewhere. Decisions. Decisions.
I know I was shocked especially the day before Thanksgiving. It really does pay to keep checking guess we aren't the only ones tweaking our plans 8-)

I absolutely refuse to look at my fastpasses. We don't always use the ones I made, anyway. ;)

I've been searching for a better time for our Cape May dinner ADR and after weeks of searching I finally got a better time. Now I just need to see if I can get one that is 15 minutes earlier. See - totally obsessed Disney fan. ;)

I absolutely refuse to look at my fastpasses. We don't always use the ones I made, anyway. ;)

I've been searching for a better time for our Cape May dinner ADR and after weeks of searching I finally got a better time. Now I just need to see if I can get one that is 15 minutes earlier. See - totally obsessed Disney fan. ;)

Hahaha Why do we drive ourselves crazy with this? I was doing the same thing with my Cape May ADR and finally decided to just show up 15 minutes earlier and hope to get seated early. So now I'm obsessing trying to find a BOG. Also looking for a dessert party cancellation in case BOG never opens up I thought a dessert party would make up for it. So now I'm obsessively checking for 3 hard to get things. Disney planning is a sickness.

How many of you out there with Kids are surprising them or have surprised them with a trip to WDW. How did you do it?

We have surprised the kids twice. The first time we did a scavenger hunt that stemmed from our advent calendar and told them the day before. That was hilarious because my oldest had a great reaction and my youngest had no clue what was going on, but copied his older brother. The second time we put notes in their Easter baskets with a bunch of Star Wars stuff for our trip as we were going for Star Wars weekends. And they flipped because they're Star Wars obsessed! I kind of wish we always did surprise trip because the reveals are fun!

I haven't surprised the kids but will be surprising the hubs next month. He knows we are going but he doesn't know we are flying First Class, or that we have a three way split at all Deluxes instead of All Star Movies. You only celebrate 25 years of marriage once!

Hi everyone! So glad I found this thread! My daughter and I will be going to DW November 5-10. We will be staying with friends and family, so this will be the firsr trip I've ever planned staying off property. So far, our first day consists of a surprise breakfast at O'haha (my daughter adores Stitch), shopping and touring some resorts to see Christmas decorations. We will go to MK, HS, and Epcot. The only dining reservation I've made other than O'hana is 50's PTC. I tried for BOG for lunch but haven't had any luck. We've been there three times, so I think we'll try something new this time. Any recommendations or favorites other than BOG, Columbia Harbor House, and Cosmic Rays at MK? It's going to be very strange paying out of pocket and not using the dining plan. My daughter uses a DAS card, so we're not worried too much about fast passes. This was kind of a last minute trip, so any Christmasy fun suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're on a budget, so I'm hoping to get tickets for MVMCP but not sure if
i'll be able to. Please give me feedback if you've gone to MVMCP!!!! Is it worth it?

15 days out and I got my Magical Express tags today! I had called and they said it would be a few weeks, which made me nervous as I have to mail one to my BFF, but don't you know they arrived a few days after I called them! :cool1:

This is good to hear, thank you. We are 17 days out and I've started worrying about the fact that I haven't received ours yet. I will now give it a couple more days before leaving panic set in!!! :-)

We got a lot of pixie dust for our trip. I was just looking at if any resorts opened back up for the time of our trip and sure enough the resort we really wanted but was without rooms when we booked had a opening for the exact type of room we need cause of my disabilities. So I called up Disney to see if I could change the resort from music to pop century. The women I was talking to said she would look into it, by the end of the phone call I was left with tears of happiness. Was able to switch and not only that put to preferred room and they didn’t charge me anything to do that for part one of the pixie dust, part two was that we were given memory maker no charge so that we could get the most photos so that my husband can look back on it as once we come home from the trip, it’s hospice taking over my care. This is going to be the best trip to celebrate my birthday. I never could have imagined they would do all that when I called, I could not have said thank you enough to say how much it meant.
That is some awesome! Hope you have a really magical trip! I just stayed at Pop for the first time and I really liked the resort.

Hi! I was wondering.. who likes booking their fast passes early, say starting 10:00 for a 9:00 opening?? So that u can do many more throughout the day...
Depends on touring plan-If we plan a rope drop in one park I will make FP for later in afternoon/evening for second park. If I plan just an am or pm in a single park day then fastpasses are made for that park.

How many of you out there with Kids are surprising them or have surprised them with a trip to WDW. How did you do it?
We surprised the kids about 20 days out with our 2015 trip (I couldn't keep it a secret any longer and I needed to shop for summer clothes for them). My oldest already knew, my son was like "Disney again?" until he learned it was Star Wars Weekends (and he Loved loved loved James Arnold Taylor-still talks about him!!) and my middle was excited about staying at a "Walt Disney Resort Hotel" (commercial much:rotfl:-our first time on property) but not that terribly excited about Disney-until she saw the Universal tickets. And her biggest ear to ear grin came as she walked into Hogsmeade.
Now the kids are like-Disney? again? My oldest is in the college program there currently, and the other 2 just ask for their favorite restaurant and rides (FoP-check)...our Thanksgiving trip is going to be very laid back-likely 1/2 days at the parks and the other 1/2 at resort (Marriott Cypress Harbour) and exploring other Orlando attractions.

Is anyone thinking about the Jingle bell Jingle Bam dessert party? I am trying to hold off until first reviews of this years show comes in (supposed to be revamped). But I love Prep&Landing, and I am thinking this would be perfect to end our week. I have a total of one! ADR this trip as I expect most time is going to be spent offsite.

This is good to hear, thank you. We are 17 days out and I've started worrying about the fact that I haven't received ours yet. I will now give it a couple more days before leaving panic set in!!! :-)

The online form for ME states you should receive them about 42 days out so last Friday (32 days out) I resent my info and I guess I panicked too soon Saturday mytags arrived but if I was at 17 days I would say it is definitely time to panic.

The online form for ME states you should receive them about 42 days out so last Friday (32 days out) I resent my info and I guess I panicked too soon Saturday mytags arrived but if I was at 17 days I would say it is definitely time to panic.
I got mine at 22 days, about a week after I made the final reservation with our flight details.

If MK has EMH beginning at 7:00, does anyone know if Main Street Bakery will be open at 7:00 to grab a walking breakfast on the way to Fantasyland? Thanks!

** I found my own answer I think. This Friday (20th) has 7:00 am EMH hours and it has it listed to open at 7:00 on the Disney site. I am hoping this means it will be the same for November!

Last edited:

I called this morning and they claim that they have been sent, but are sending another set, just in case...but the cast member I spoke to seemed confused and put me on hold a couple times and when the call 'ended' it was like she never even hung up...just silence and no survey...now I'm worried that I will never get them. :confused3

ROL Question..... It had not opened yet when we were there last year so have not had a chance to get familiar with how it works. From what I've read it sounds like you can't really just show up for it like Fantasmic but need to either do the Dining or FP+. We will be doing AK on 11/19 and if we are going to do ROL we will need to do the 7pm show as we have an 8:25 ADR at Boma, so do you still need to do FP+ to get into the show or can you do standby without having to wait in line for an hour? Are there areas you can view it without actually going into the seating areas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!