*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We always get a first or second flight of a day and it depends when we go and where we stay. Our last trip we arrived on a Friday the beginning of Dec 2016 and stayed at YC and were doing CP that night so spent time seeing storytellers before our dinner with the package and the show. This year we arrive the Friday before Thanksgiving so we know we will do MVMCP. We are staying at POR so depending on what time we arrive and how long it takes to get our bags and rental car and drive and get to our room we might just go to MK or d a little miniature golf at Winter Summerland.

Does anyone have any arrival day traditions? Do you hang at the resort and swim? Do you have a traditional first day meal?

We always do the first/earliest flight, go all out... etc, but I've realized that while I want to do that, it's not the best for my family. This time, assuming flights work out, we're taking an afternoon or evening flight in and starting the next day, fully rested. Depending on when we get in and if I'm successful switching our AKV reservation to BRV, we'll have dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

We have to take a late flight since we are traveling from the west. So the vacation starts with an overnight stay at the Airport Hyatt.

Thanks for the thread, @Newsies

Driving down from Canada to stay offsite at Windsor Hills with our 6 kids and my parents :) November 24th-Dec 1st.

This is our very first time going to WDW during the Christmas season and we are SOOOOOOOOO excited!! Looking forward to MVMCP, the candlelight processional, a holiday feast at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and Epcot story-tellers.

I will be there 11/28 - 12/05 at AoA for my 35th bday!!! Already have my flight deets from YYZ (Toronto, Canada) so now just waiting for my 180-day mark to book my bday dinner ADR (dunno where tho, suggestions PLEASE!).

As of right now, I will be solo however that could change if my friends work schedules allow them time off :)

We're planning a split stay Nov. 23-Nov. 27 at the Poly, Nov. 27-Dec. 1 at the Beach Club, then Dec. 1-Dec. 2 TBD. This will be our first time staying Deluxe and first time renting points. It will just be DH and myself (early 40s) and our daughters (will be 4.5 and 6.5); I was hoping my parents would join us for a few days, but they decided against it. We're coming from Iowa so I'm hoping for warm weather so the kids can swim, though our idea of warm maybe slightly different than other people's idea!

I'm already deep in planning mode, getting my park days figured out and picking ADRs. Looking forward to ADR and FP days!

Sarah

We're planning a split stay Nov. 23-Nov. 27 at the Poly, Nov. 27-Dec. 1 at the Beach Club, then Dec. 1-Dec. 2 TBD. This will be our first time staying Deluxe and first time renting points. It will just be DH and myself (early 40s) and our daughters (will be 4.5 and 6.5); I was hoping my parents would join us for a few days, but they decided against it. We're coming from Iowa so I'm hoping for warm weather so the kids can swim, though our idea of warm maybe slightly different than other people's idea!

I'm already deep in planning mode, getting my park days figured out and picking ADRs. Looking forward to ADR and FP days!

Sarah

We did a Poly and beach club split last trip and really enjoyed ourselves.

Our plans have changed a bit...

We are now leaving Nov 26th (hoping for a late afternoon/evening flight) and we'll stay the night at the Hyatt at MCO. It'll be easy to grab our bags and walk to the hotel! We'll try and sleep in a bit the next day and have a nice breakfast at the buffet the hotel offers. We'll then go grab the rental van and drive to Universal and check in! We're booked at the Aventura (opening August 2018) and just an FYI, they're offering a $50 meal credit if you book by Jan 31st for anytime after the opening date. I'd love to return to Gatorland so we may drive over there after getting our bags settled.

11/27-12/1 Aventura Hotel at USO.
12/1-12/11 AOA Nemo Suite
12/11-12/12 Hotel by MCO *** We will be meeting up with friends who live in the Viera area, after checking out of AOA. We are planning at this point to go explore the Crayola Factory at the Florida Mall.***

Dining Plan? - Not sure yet. With three little kids I'm not convinced its the right thing.

Now that I'm feeling better in my pregnancy, I feel like I can actually plan! 307 days until we leave!

@Newsies
Nov 20-25...off site at Bonnett Creek [the whole gang is coming along so like 17 of us]
DS 21st bday on the 21st so planning on Jelly Rolls that night per his request
we are looking at coming onsite with points from a friend for 3 or 4 days before everyone else arrives [just my 5] but that is not cut in stone yet.
a bit worried about being there right over Thanksgiving but we are going to make the best of it.

we had done the first week in Dec in 2007 so am excited to be back to see xmas decorations and hopefully all the storytellers in Epcot before we leave. Not sure about the MVMCP but definitely want to do Candlelight Processional.

@Newsies

Doing the Turkey dance. :dancer:
Nov 15th - 25th
BoardWalk Villas

Room done. Park hoppers done. Airline tickets done. Now it time for the fun stuff.

Last edited:
Can Disneyland trips join? Or is there another thread for that. We're going from 11/12-11/15 and staying at Best Western Stovall, it's our first trip to Disneyland

@Newsies Add me to the list. We are from S Jersey & are taking advantage of the kids being off. We’ve gone in late November & early December the past 2 years. This year we’re doing a Disney Cruise from 11/5-11/9 but are planning on flying in beforehand & staying at Disney. We haven’t ironed out the details but we may not do the parks at all. We are going on July so we’ll have plenty of park time then & I'm hoping to relax in November. Possibly do a water park if the weather is nice. Any ideas for fun things outside the parks would be appreciated.

@Newsies Add me to the list. We are from S Jersey & are taking advantage of the kids being off. We’ve gone in late November & early December the past 2 years. This year we’re doing a Disney Cruise from 11/5-11/9 but are planning on flying in beforehand & staying at Disney. We haven’t ironed out the details but we may not do the parks at all. We are going on July so we’ll have plenty of park time then & I'm hoping to relax in November. Possibly do a water park if the weather is nice. Any ideas for fun things outside the parks would be appreciated.
How many days will you be on site prior to the cruise? Orlando, in it of itself has some amazing day attractions!

How many days will you be on site prior to the cruise? Orlando, in it of itself has some amazing day attractions!

Probably only 2 full days. If we stay on property then we would be using Disney transportation to get everywhere. But we haven’t ruled out staying off property.

If we do on property, I was thinking AKL or WL because I know they have a lot of activities for kids.

So excited to join another November thread. Looking forward to counting down and planning with everyone.
We are officially booked for our Thanksgiving trip and very excited to be staying at the WL :woohoo:
Our dates are 11/17/18 - 11/25/18 if you can please add us to the list.
We haven't stayed at the WL since 1999 when my youngest DD was 5. Can't wait to see it all dressed up for Christmas :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!