****Official DLR November 2020 Check in****

I feel the same way! I have hope that Dapper Day will happen now I just have to figure out what to wear and what to dress my daughter in. She will be 13 months old in November so I can't really buy her anything yet because it is too far away to guess her size :(

I've started sewing a dress for Dapper Day. I'm feeling a little more hopeful seeing WDW opening up again soon.

Also, I booked my flight through Southwest! Fingers and toes crossed for us all.

Last edited:
Southwest's flight schedule covering November opened this morning and we managed to get tickets booked for everyone in our group. I had never flow in a holiday period before and the price of the airfare made me take a deep breathe before pushing that buy button.

Yay for Southwest's flight extension... and yes, those Thanksgiving fares HURT. I hated paying that in college, you could never get around it without taking an obtrusive change in date.

Airports were so packed, we lined up 3 flights in a row in the terminal. It was funny watching all the "UCD" college sweaters come off the plane in Sacramento and seeing all the "UCI" college sweaters fill the plane flying down to Orange County 🤣

Should I go ahead and buy park tix???? Seeing what’s happening in WDW that you have to have onsite booked and tix purchased to access the advanced reservation system! I have PPH booked for November. I am not a risk taker!

My sister and I are scheduled 11/27-12/9...hoping that the "new normal" is set by that time and we get to have at least an experience or two.

Also side question- We bought tickets the other day when Southwest released the new tickets for the holiday season. We're flying down on Thanksgiving and staying at the Hyatt on 11/26. I've never flown on Thanksgiving, and I know it can vary by airport, but about how many hours early should we plan to get to the airport to check in and get through security? I know things will likely be increased for COVID, but on a regular trip any ideas? If anyone has flown out of Philly International on Thanksgiving, that's what we'll be doing...Thanks!

Should I go ahead and buy park tix???? Seeing what’s happening in WDW that you have to have onsite booked and tix purchased to access the advanced reservation system! I have PPH booked for November. I am not a risk taker!

I'm not considering doing anything until there is an announcement specific to Disneyland. Too many unknowns for me right now! You have an onsite hotel reservation booked, which will only work in your favor no matter what happens.

Alas, our family is having to cancel our planned visit for Nov. 15-20. Our elders just didn't feel comfortable with it. With any luck, November 2021 will be even better for us.

... I've never flown on Thanksgiving, and I know it can vary by airport, but about how many hours early should we plan to get to the airport to check in and get through security? I know things will likely be increased for COVID, but on a regular trip any ideas? If anyone has flown out of Philly International on Thanksgiving, that's what we'll be doing...Thanks!
Keep an eye on the Philly Int'l. Airport website for updates, especially as the dates get closer for your trip, Also keep checking the SW Airlines website for updates and announcements closer to your trip. Anything that gets announced now might be out of date by this fall, so I would start checking for recommendations, tips, suggestions, etc. in October, then keep checking right up to the day before your trip start date.

Instead of July, we are now going to Disneyland over Thanksgiving. We'll be driving in from AZ. Checking into Paradise Pier Hotel on Wed 11/25 and checking out on Sat 11/28.

We've never been to DL during the holidays. Never seen the Christmas decorations. On one trip about 5 years ago, we were at DL in early October and went on the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay of HM (which was pretty cool).

DH decided that he didn't want to deal with DL in hot summer weather. I considered Labor Day weekend, but the average temps are basically the same in early Sept as in July for Anaheim.

We have friends who live an hour away from DL and plan on having Thanksgiving dinner in DL with them on Thanksgiving Day. It'll be interesting to see how DL handles reduced capacity once it reopens. I suspect they'll handle it similarly to WDW, which will require both a ticket and a reservation to get into a park.

We've never been to DL during the holidays. Never seen the Christmas decorations. On one trip about 5 years ago, we were at DL in early October and went on the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay of HM (which was pretty cool).

You are in for a treat! Christmas time at DLR is magical! The Small World overlay is my favorite - especially the lights! We will (hopefully) be there the Mon and Tues of the week you're there. We haven't ever been Thanksgiving week itself before.

You are in for a treat! Christmas time at DLR is magical! The Small World overlay is my favorite - especially the lights! We will (hopefully) be there the Mon and Tues of the week you're there. We haven't ever been Thanksgiving week itself before.

We haven't been in November or December at all. I miss DL so much that I kind of don't care if it's really crowded. I'd just be happy to ride the train, go on POTC, and eat a corn dog.

I know nothing is for sure on the park yet but- I had planned to buy 3 day salute tickets and stay off site 11/26-11/28 then move to GCH 11/29-12/3. I’d use my deluxe AP for 11/29-12/3. With the new reservation service do I need to move on site for all the days? I’d hate to fly In Thursday then not be able to go Thurs- Sat to the parks. And I’m worried that without tickets in the system I still won’t get in the park even if I am on site. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

I know nothing is for sure on the park yet but- I had planned to buy 3 day salute tickets and stay off site 11/26-11/28 then move to GCH 11/29-12/3. I’d use my deluxe AP for 11/29-12/3. With the new reservation service do I need to move on site for all the days? I’d hate to fly In Thursday then not be able to go Thurs- Sat to the parks. And I’m worried that without tickets in the system I still won’t get in the park even if I am on site. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
There's no way of telling yet, but Shanghai has been adjusting capacity week by week, and the selling out of reservations within minutes only lasted the first week. I think by late summer/early fall you'll be able to make a better call on what you need to do one way or the other.

Alright, I'm deciding to make real plans and just hope this one works out and things are normal enough for us to go in 5 months. We were originally going to be there at the end of next week and I'm feeling the need for some solid future plans since we had to cancel that trip.

Please go ahead and add us to the list for Thanksgiving week! Nov 21-24 BWPPI. I guess this is our 5 months delayed 10th anniversary trip? But also now it can be DH's birthday trip, so there's that I guess! And Thanksgiving! And holiday time at DLR! Hooray!

We are really hoping to do the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour! Also hoping Avengers Campus will be open.

I think we're going that week no matter what because we are having Thanksgiving with family in the area so we'll be there anyway, but we may shorten it to 1 or 2 days if things aren't normal enough yet.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm deciding to make real plans and just hope this one works out and things are normal enough for us to go in 5 months. We were originally going to be there at the end of next week and I'm feeling the need for some solid future plans since we had to cancel that trip.

Please go ahead and add us to the list for Thanksgiving week! Nov 21-24 BWPPI. I guess this is our 5 months delayed 10th anniversary trip? But also now it can be DH's birthday trip, so there's that I guess! And Thanksgiving! And holiday time at DLR! Hooray!

We are really hoping to do the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour! Also hoping Avengers Campus will be open.

I think we're going that week no matter what because we are having Thanksgiving with family in the area so we'll be there anyway, but we may shorten it to 1 or 2 days if things aren't normal enough yet.
You're on the list! Fingers crossed and pixie dust for a great trip! You'll really enjoy the WIWF tour -- wear comfortable shoes and bring your own earbuds if those are more comfortable for you.

You're on the list! Fingers crossed and pixie dust for a great trip! You'll really enjoy the WIWF tour -- wear comfortable shoes and bring your own earbuds if those are more comfortable for you.
Thank you! I've heard that tour is amazing, so we're very excited! We've wanted to do it for a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter