OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

BamaEd are you leaving on Saturday ? I'm leaving here around 12 Saturday and sleeping at the Ocala rest stop. Then an early entrance to the Fort on Sunday. I will look for you when we are both there. Have a safe trip down.

Last edited:
BamaEd are you leaving on Saturday ? I'm leaving here around 12 Saturday and sleeping at the Ocala rest stop. Then an early entrance to the Fort on Sunday. I will look for you when we are both there. Have a safe trip down.

Yep, Flametamr, leaving Saturday the 28th. Spending the night at Lake Louisa SP in Clermont then rolling over to the Fort Sunday morning. If we are on schedule we should roll by your rest stop around 5pm Saturday evening.

1200 pieces of candy you say you have? Mmmm.... I haven't gotten any yet but didn't plan on THAT much.

We have a Preferred reserved so look for us in 100 or 200.

Bama Ed

Leaving 10 days from now. So much to do. :hourglass Bama Ed

PS - checking the Orlando weather forecasts starting today....

Weather is actually tolerable today and is suppose to get even nicer next week. Not so much the heat, but the humidity is what makes it so horrible.

Yep, Flametamr, leaving Saturday the 28th. Spending the night at Lake Louisa SP in Clermont then rolling over to the Fort Sunday morning. If we are on schedule we should roll by your rest stop around 5pm Saturday evening.

1200 pieces of candy you say you have? Mmmm.... I haven't gotten any yet but didn't plan on THAT much.

Bama Ed

We wont be there halloween night, but I did buy some candy to throw out of the cart during the parade. I bought some lollypops and that may not be such a good idea, with my luck some kid will end up with a stick in the eye :crazy2:. Ed, I can give you that bag. Speaking of the parade, if my son decides not to come, we will have an available seat on the cart if you want to ride along in the parade.

Welp, but the looks of my counter It's almost time :stitch: Guess I should start packing.

Bama Ed

I tried that route Ed and everything was book at Lake Louisa. I probably won't roll into the rest area until 8 or so. We will come by for a visit after we're all set up. Sunday is probably going to be a Fort day along with Halloween. All other days we'll be commando in the parks. See you there.

Just heard from my sister, my niece made state finals with her high school swim team, so they will not be coming down Friday (10/27) with my BIL and my nephews, they will arrive later Saturday afternoon. We had planned on heading to MK in the morning, but now it will be early evening, so I just changed all our FPs to later times. My oldest niece (from my other sister) and her husband have decided to join us. Not sure if they will be popping a tent on our site or my sister's. We decided on AK for Sunday, so fast passes made for there also. Monday will be a Fort day and Tuesday we head home. DH is going to Georgia this weekend to the hunting camp, so I will be left in charge of getting the trailer packed and ready to go. Would like to head out around 1pm on Friday the 27th, that is if DH can get off a little early, if not it will be around 5 when we check in.

We wont be there halloween night, but I did buy some candy to throw out of the cart during the parade. I bought some lollypops and that may not be such a good idea, with my luck some kid will end up with a stick in the eye :crazy2:. Ed, I can give you that bag. Speaking of the parade, if my son decides not to come, we will have an available seat on the cart if you want to ride along in the parade.

I am going to decorate my own chariot for the chariot race (nothing too gaudy or creative) but thanks for the offer.

Bama Ed

We have arrived. We told DD, 8yo, yesterday that we were going and she was very excited. In her excitement she would all of a sudden stop and say, wait when? more excitement then, where are we staying? More excitement then, wait how many days? What we didn't tell her was who else was going with us. So this morning we told my mom was driving us to the airport. On the way I told her she should ask my mom if she wanted to come with us. She got more excited. One of my cousins came over and I told DD to ask her if she wanted to come too. We then told her we were waiting for a van to take us to the airport but she didn't know her cousins (my brothers family) would be in the van when it arrived. When they arrived it was pandemonium, but in a good way. We had a great flight down from BOS, 20 min wait for the MDE and hit no traffic, and we were the first resort for a change. Got all checked in and then it was off to get our golf carts that we rented through Kenny's. By the time we got back it was time to hit the take out for the GAG meal at the Trails End Take out. It took a while to get it as there was a lot of people in line. After dinner there was supposed to be another surprise for the kids as my sister and her family were arriving but after a long day with everyone we decided to hold off that surprise until tomorrow morning.

Off to the MK tomorrow!!!

I know it's not the best park on a Sat, but with young kids it's kind of hard not to do it first. Especially when 3 of the kids (my brothers) have never been one of my sisters 2 probably doesn't remember his first time. We have PH's if it get too crazy, but the last time we did MK on a Sat we got something like 12 more FP's after our original 3. Not to mention doing standby for a few rides too because the line wasn't that long.

I am going to decorate my own chariot for the chariot race (nothing too gaudy or creative) but thanks for the offer.

Bama Ed
I would be careful Ed some one might think you were defecting to USC unless of course you go more for a Yul Brynner or Charlton Heston look

Seven more days and we'll be spending the first night at the Fort. Probably getting the GAG meal also that night. Hard to beat great food you don't have to cook. I'm getting excited. It's been a long year.

Busy day today in the MK. Crowd did not seem all that big as I was expecting, the usual pinch points like between Fantasyland and near the Teacups flowed good when we walked by but though we were able to pick up quite a few extra FP's they did not seem as plentiful as they have before. We were in the park just after 9. For the most part my sister's family split off so it was 9 of us. So we did find it best to plit the FP's as they were easier to get that way. Had a good dinner at Crystal Palace with 13 of us. After dinner we watched the fireworks by the Carousel then headed to our last ride at Pirates as we let the crowd disperse. It was then back to the boat and then back to the cabin around 1030p. We get to sleep in a bit tomorrow as it's AK nad our first FP isn't until 10 or so and the HDDR at 615p. We usually plan a 10a FP for the second day as our first day is always a long one. TIme for bed.

WHOA! Forecast for WDW area on Wednesday per Accuweather.com:

High 71F, low 51F, Sunny and cooler.

Anybody bring a jacket? lol :cold:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter