**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

I think I have everyone added up to this point!

I am still struggling being excited for this trip with all the unknowns. but regardless we will go someday so here is a question for the group:

Right now we are planning on flying into san diego on tuesday and driving to carlsbad and staying at a hotel on Carlsbad beach that night. The hotel is the best western beach lodge. It has awesome reviews, provides beach toys, and close to carlsbad village, bunch of places to eat. But we are only staying there one night, the next day after enjoying the beach we are heading to legoland hotel for a night before hitting legoland the next day and then driving to Anahiem Thursday evening.

I really want to take my kids to see the ocean. But I'm debating if we will be happier with just two nights at legoland hotel and driving to the beach. The price is almost identical due to LEGOLAND's military discount. I like the thought of the hotel really close to the beach and food places, but in reality our plane lands in san diego around 5pm and once we get the rental car, get to carlsbad it could be 7-8pm, and then check out for the hotel, even if we got a late checkout, would be noon the next day.

Just booked flights for October 17th to the 25th for my yearly Halloween jaunt. Won’t be at Disney the whole time, but tentatively planning on landing at SNA around 11am on the 17th; tea and an hour or two in the park before heading over to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Then Disney (DLH) 18th - 22nd before Knott’s Scary Farm the evening of the 22nd and Universal Studios in the day and Halloween Horror Nights on the 23rd and then back to Disney again for the 24th and however long on the 25th before flying home out of SNA.

As of now, traveling solo (so any other solo travelers, wouldn’t mind meeting up for a bit)!

This is all pending the parks are open of course...

I am almost afraid to ask my next question. Do you think face masks will be needed in October? I live in a rural area that has not really had many cases of Covid 19. In my area, not many people are wearing them, and I don’t know really what to prepare for. Can anyone offer advice?

I am almost afraid to ask my next question. Do you think face masks will be needed in October? I live in a rural area that has not really had many cases of Covid 19. In my area, not many people are wearing them, and I don’t know really what to prepare for. Can anyone offer advice?
There is really no way to know, but I do know that if so, we will not be going. I don’t think it’s feasible to expect our children to wear them, taking them off for rides... to put them where? I don’t want to spend my vacation wearing one.

There is really no way to know, but I do know that if so, we will not be going. I don’t think it’s feasible to expect our children to wear them, taking them off for rides... to put them where? I don’t want to spend my vacation wearing one.
Keep up with the Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure, 3/14/20 - TBA: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here! for updated information about COVID-19 regulations in CA. As far as I know right now, face masks are not required for children, certainly not young children. For older children, the decision is left up to the parents. By October, things can, and probably will, look quite different.

I think October would be the best time to wear a face mask. You could Disneybound and wear a Halloween costume and incorporate the mask!

I booked my flight today! I needed something to look forward to....even with so many unanswered questions!

Hope you're all safe and well! I've noticed that hotel prices are quite a bit higher than normal for October 24. Anyone know of anything special going on that day

Hope you're all safe and well! I've noticed that hotel prices are quite a bit higher than normal for October 24. Anyone know of anything special going on that day

That's my son's birthday, so that's special. But other than that, no. 😛

Hello all,

I am looking to see if anyone would be willing to take over the thread. We’ve changed up our fall vacation plans And won’t be going to Disneyland.

if not, I don’t mind keeping it up. I’m on the boards all the time anyway :)

Hello all,

I am looking to see if anyone would be willing to take over the thread. We’ve changed up our fall vacation plans And won’t be going to Disneyland.

if not, I don’t mind keeping it up. I’m on the boards all the time anyway :)
Sorry to hear about your DLR trip. :( (Hope you still get to use the cute costumes for the kids!) The extended closure is so frustrating for so many people. You don't have to have a trip on the calendar to host a thread. We have/had DISers hosting threads (e.g. March/April, May/December, and September) who have had to cancel trips. So if you can hang in there, it would be great since you do such a good job!

Sorry to hear about your DLR trip. :( (Hope you still get to use the cute costumes for the kids!) The extended closure is so frustrating for so many people. You don't have to have a trip on the calendar to host a thread. We have/had DISers hosting threads (e.g. March/April, May/December, and September) who have had to cancel trips. So if you can hang in there, it would be great since you do such a good job!
Great! I’m good to host the thread. What we did was do a flip of our vacation plans. Originally the
Plan was to take kids to Disneyland this fall and next fall was a hubs and I only Disney world/universal trip. Because I felt like the expirence will be different this fall and it could still be impacted next fall, but at least this would give our kids more time to adjust to new normals, we just flipped them. So I’m still headed to Disney, just the other coast!

Great! I’m good to host the thread. What we did was do a flip of our vacation plans. Originally the
Plan was to take kids to Disneyland this fall and next fall was a hubs and I only Disney world/universal trip. Because I felt like the expirence will be different this fall and it could still be impacted next fall, but at least this would give our kids more time to adjust to new normals, we just flipped them. So I’m still headed to Disney, just the other coast!
Cool! Looking forward to reading your trip report. :)

Hey everyone, add me to the October list :Pinkbounc

Dessert Inn and Suites
Check In October 24
Check Out October 29

I have just rescheduled my June trip to October. If you haven't been following the June check in thread, I'm from Ireland and I usually visit California and Disneyland every June.

I had originally booked Kings Inn for my June trip but I managed to get a great rate at Dessert Inn and Suites, so I have switched hotels. I have stayed at Dessert Inn and Suites before and the location is just amazing.

I'm a solo traveler and I'm not that bothered about hotel amenities, I just need somewhere to sleep, shower and store my luggage, so Dessert Inn and Suites is perfect for me.

This will be my first time to experience the Halloween season at Disney.

I know this trip will be different and I am fully expecting things like masks, temperature checks and reduced experiences at Disney. But right now, even just to sit on a bench on Main Street, and read a book with the sights and sounds of Disney all around me would be so amazing.

Hey everyone, add me to the October list :Pinkbounc

Dessert Inn and Suites
Check In October 24
Check Out October 29

I have just rescheduled my June trip to October. If you haven't been following the June check in thread, I'm from Ireland and I usually visit California and Disneyland every June.

I had originally booked Kings Inn for my June trip but I managed to get a great rate at Dessert Inn and Suites, so I have switched hotels. I have stayed at Dessert Inn and Suites before and the location is just amazing.

I'm a solo traveler and I'm not that bothered about hotel amenities, I just need somewhere to sleep, shower and store my luggage, so Dessert Inn and Suites is perfect for me.

This will be my first time to experience the Halloween season at Disney.

I know this trip will be different and I am fully expecting things like masks, temperature checks and reduced experiences at Disney. But right now, even just to sit on a bench on Main Street, and read a book with the sights and sounds of Disney all around me would be so amazing.
Welcome!

Well, I have two different dates booked now just because I was feeling insecure after seeing WDW limiting new reservations so October is now my super optimistic date!

10/5-10/11 at the Disneyland Hotel

I’ve never been at Halloween because I teach at a college and can’t take vacations that time of year but since I’m teaching online this Fall I figure why not?? Even if there’s no parties (still hoping there will be) and limited entertainment it’ll still be cool!

Well, I have two different dates booked now just because I was feeling insecure after seeing WDW limiting new reservations so October is now my super optimistic date!

10/5-10/11 at the Disneyland Hotel

I’ve never been at Halloween because I teach at a college but since I’m teaching online this Fall I figure why not?? Even if there’s no parties (still hoping there will be) and limited entertainment it’ll still be cool!

I saw that too about WDW limiting reservations. However I'm not sure the same measures will happen in California. The percentage of people who stay onsite in Florida id far higher than in California, so they had to do something drastic like wiping the slate clean with ADR, Fastpasses and Dining Plans.

Im also looking forward to Haloween, but I'm only expecting the decorations and maybe Haunted Mansion overlay. I'm expecting the party nights and Halloween entertainment to be cancelled, as well as character meet and greets and parades. I'm also expecting the regular fireworks, Fantasmic and WOC to also be cancelled as it makes sense logically when you factor in social distancing and limiting park capacity.

Im also looking forward to Haloween, but I'm only expecting the decorations and maybe Haunted Mansion overlay. I'm expecting the party nights and Halloween entertainment to be cancelled, as well as character meet and greets and parades. I'm also expecting the regular fireworks, Fantasmic and WOC to also be cancelled as it makes sense logically when you factor in social distancing and limiting park capacity.

I’m thinking the same. But I am really hoping for the parties! I mean, couldn’t they just lower the number of capacity for them.. And perhaps it’d be easier to create distancing measures for entertainment then. I can hope ha! But whatever happens, it’ll be okay. Even if it’s just decorations it’s rare for me to get a chance to come that time of year so there’s a bright side. Check that holiday off the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter