**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

Hello all! I am going to be working to update this thread in the coming days. If you have an October trip please go read the closure thread to stay up to date. I will add offical disney news to this thread about park reservations once we have it.

One thing I did want to share is if you have a layaway plan through Get away today you need to contact them and pay your tickets in full before this Friday. They have various options on doing this. But if you do not do this, you wont be able to have access to your tickets for the park reservation system. (Get away today has stated this).

We’re out. Qantas cancelled our flights. We knew deep down we wouldn’t be flying out of Australia this year but at least now it’s official and we can stop stewing over it. Hopefully we make it over next April but it‘s all still up in the air. No pun intended.

Last edited:
Hello October friends. While nothing has been announced for Disneyland, I think it’s worth mentioning here that Disneyworld has canceled all their Halloween parties. I feel an OBB announcement will come “soon”.

Hello October friends. While nothing has been announced for Disneyland, I think it’s worth mentioning here that Disneyworld has canceled all their Halloween parties. I feel an OBB announcement will come “soon”.

If anyone needs me I'll be rolling around on the floor in anxiety until they give me an answer. This will likely be our only year to make a Halloween trip happen because of my work schedule but if it doesn't happen... oh well, the park will be decorated at least..

If anyone needs me I'll be rolling around on the floor in anxiety until they give me an answer. This will likely be our only year to make a Halloween trip happen because of my work schedule but if it doesn't happen... oh well, the park will be decorated at least..
If it's any consolation, while I do attend the Halloween parties, it mostly because it's just something different to do and I like to spend obscene amounts of money at Disneyland. The Halloween theme throughout the resort is fantastic and a lot of fun. I could easily have the best time every Halloween season at Disneyland without ever going to a Halloween party. Food, merchandise, and decorations are available everywhere during the normal hours.

They do always offer some stuff that you can only purchase during the parties, but I've never seen anything that it worth going to a party to buy. The lines for everything is usually quite long. They sell out of stuff. You get lots of candy, but you could get a lot more for a lot less just buying it from the store and you are guaranteed to get what you want. With all that said, I'll totally buy a ticket to the party if they offer it. I just want to emphasize that Halloween Time is a very festive and fun time at the DLR and that you'll have a very awesome time, even if you don't go to an after hours event.

The Halloween theme throughout the resort is fantastic and a lot of fun. I could easily have the best time every Halloween season at Disneyland without ever going to a Halloween party. Food, merchandise, and decorations are available everywhere during the normal hours.

Thank you for this! I do feel better. ☺️ Plus I can’t deny how much money I’d save between tickets and the (likely) expensive costumes we’d want to get!

I thought I had posted, but it might have been the old Halloween thread.

I’ll be at the Disneyland Hotel October 18th - 22nd & 24th to 25th. Possibly solo if anyone else is.

Hello all! As the person working to update this thread I want to provide some insight. So long story short we originally had a big long so cal vacation with our kids planned. With covid we are delaying that a year and doing an adults only to Orlando now. Disneyworld and universal. Today on the Disneyworld side we had to make park reservations.
I AM GOING TO STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THAT ALL OF YOU PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DINSEY NEWS AND THESE BOARDS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.

if they follow any similar pattern to Disney World the news happens fast. Follow some reliable sources on twitter and instagram and follow the disboards. Park reservations for DW today was a cluster. And it was because of disboards that I stayed on top of it and got in.

Just a heads up for those planning upcoming trips:
Disney's official announcement:
According to paragraph 2, the reopening of the parks and hotels (GCH and PPH) will be delayed until state approval is received to open.
According to paragraph 3, DTD will reopen as scheduled on July 9th.

With the delayed reopening announcement, I just don't see how I could possibly get my money's worth out of our 4-day PH w/MP. I have until Oct 1 to make my final decision, but it looks like we'll go Oct 2021 instead and I'll just have to pay the price difference for my tix. However, I did promise the family that if we did postpone, we will stay on property. That'll give me another year to save up for the extra $1100 I need. Sheesh!!!

From the Reopening Speculation Thread:
Me either. The Cast Member that I spoke with also assured me that there would of course be Halloween and seasonal decorations but he did caution me not to expect the normal offerings for Halloween, He said the priority is getting the parks open safely.

With the delayed reopening announcement, I just don't see how I could possibly get my money's worth out of our 4-day PH w/MP. I have until Oct 1 to make my final decision, but it looks like we'll go Oct 2021 instead and I'll just have to pay the price difference for my tix. However, I did promise the family that if we did postpone, we will stay on property. That'll give me another year to save up for the extra $1100 I need. Sheesh!!!

We are in the same boat, but we have APs that expire beginning of Oct. I cried cancelling our trips, but, I know it is the right thing to do. I hope you have fun planning your 2021 trip. I would suggest staying at the Grand Californian, because when you ride Grizzly Rapids, you are steps away from your room to do a quick change of clothes!

We’ve decided to move our October trip to next April, so you can remove us from the list.

It's official. 10/6-10/11, Peacock Inn & Suites. Hopefully, third time's a charm - we were originally supposed to go over Memorial Day, then the 4th of July. But I haven't heard for sure what's going to happen with daughter's school and fall break. If they cancel it, we'll have to reschedule AGAIN.

I might be getting fearful that the parks may not even be open in October! ☹️
I was so anticipating by October they would have a few months open, and all the kinks worked out! Maybe even certain activities back. It could still happen, but I am getting more nervous every single day. I REALLY want them to be open!!

I might be getting fearful that the parks may not even be open in October! ☹️
I was so anticipating by October they would have a few months open, and all the kinks worked out! Maybe even certain activities back. It could still happen, but I am getting more nervous every single day. I REALLY want them to be open!!

I hear ya. Before the cases were rising so much I was even hopeful Oogie Boogie would happen but everything changed so drastically. 😞 I’m pretty bummed. I’m not going to cancel just yet- everything I’ve booked is refundable/changeable so just going to wait it out.

I hear ya. Before the cases were rising so much I was even hopeful Oogie Boogie would happen but everything changed so drastically. 😞 I’m pretty bummed. I’m not going to cancel just yet- everything I’ve booked is refundable/changeable so just going to wait it out.

If they’re not open for October then I need them to stay closed till like mid January. Otherwise my flex pass will expire at some useless time like mid July. There are not many seasonal activities in the spring and the summer heat is just too much for me. I originally planned a late October trip to purchase the pass (used 7 days), and then was going to do an early October right before it expired so I could at least get two trips out of the AP.... :-/

If they’re not open for October then I need them to stay closed till like mid January. Otherwise my flex pass will expire at some useless time like mid July. There are not many seasonal activities in the spring and the summer heat is just too much for me. I originally planned a late October trip to purchase the pass (used 7 days), and then was going to do an early October right before it expired so I could at least get two trips out of the AP.... :-/
I have trips planned in October and December . I am just so looking forward to both. I chose to not extend mine, as it expires in December because honestly I would not be able to utilize it in the spring either. Such weird things to have to consider. I do plan on repurchasing my first trip back after December, but it might be as Late as October again.

I have trips planned in October and December . I am just so looking forward to both. I chose to not extend mine, as it expires in December because honestly I would not be able to utilize it in the spring either. Such weird things to have to consider. I do plan on repurchasing my first trip back after December, but it might be as Late as October again.

I really really hope they’re open... it’s been a yearly Halloween trip for me for the last five or six years (doing all the fun adult Halloween stuff, Knott’s Scary farm, Halloween Horror Nights, and of course Disney because why not?!), but I’m out of state and really was looking forward to squeezing two trips out of the AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!