**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

We are going for a short trip Sept 30 - Oct 3 if all goes well, staying at GCH. This trip will look a lot different than previous trips, but we figure even if we spend a large majority of our time in the room we'll be happy. It's nice to have something fun to look forward to!
Sadly, I cancelled our trip today. I was already on the fence, but with the spike in numbers it just doesn't feel right to be planning a trip to DL in a few months. I'm hopeful for early 2021.

Last edited:
@theluckyrabbit is there anyone actually updating this thread? The first post hasn't been updated since April and now people are starting to cancel?

Hey all, yes I’m here. I've updated the first page by striking out the cancelations. I think that can be helpful for some folks to see how many are choosing to cancel. The Superthread for Disneyland re-opening was also added to the first page and that is where you should follow for overall Disneyland updates.

As soon as any October/Halloween specific information is available I will post it here. What we do know at this moment is there isn't a date for Disneyland's reopening, most likely making it the last Disney park in the world to re-open. There are various travel restrictions for folks out of the country and some states have travel restrictions within the country. Disneyworld has canceled all of their Halloween parties. Downtown Disney is opening next week with limited shopping and outdoor eating. Disneyland is not currently selling any tickets or taking hotel reservations.

If you ever feel like I'm not attending to this thread enough please just tag me. Just like everyone else in the world COVID-19 has impacted my daily life immensely. Going to Disney, planning to go to Disney, and talking about Disney has always been a bit of healthy escapism, but now there are times where it has become the opposite and becomes stress inducing, so sometimes I take a break and only keep an eye out for relevant news.

Hey all, yes I’m here. I've updated the first page by striking out the cancelations. I think that can be helpful for some folks to see how many are choosing to cancel. The Superthread for Disneyland re-opening was also added to the first page and that is where you should follow for overall Disneyland updates.

As soon as any October/Halloween specific information is available I will post it here. What we do know at this moment is there isn't a date for Disneyland's reopening, most likely making it the last Disney park in the world to re-open. There are various travel restrictions for folks out of the country and some states have travel restrictions within the country. Disneyworld has canceled all of their Halloween parties. Downtown Disney is opening next week with limited shopping and outdoor eating. Disneyland is not currently selling any tickets or taking hotel reservations.

If you ever feel like I'm not attending to this thread enough please just tag me. Just like everyone else in the world COVID-19 has impacted my daily life immensely. Going to Disney, planning to go to Disney, and talking about Disney has always been a bit of healthy escapism, but now there are times where it has become the opposite and becomes stress inducing, so sometimes I take a break and only keep an eye out for relevant news.
Totally hear you. Things were opening up in CA, then sort of slammed shut again this week... sigh. Stressful. If you should need a hand with this thread, let us know. As you posted, for overall, non-October specific DLR news, people should be looking at the Reopening Superthread.

Can you put me on the list? We just booked the DLH for Wednesday, October 7, until Sunday, October 11. My husband has a conference (moved to October from its original end of July date). There are so many unknowns right now: Will our kids have brick-and-mortar school, online school, or some kind of hybrid between the two? Will we be able to buy tickets through a conference link (as we have been in previous years)?

Even if we won’t get park tickets and even if the parks haven’t opened yet by then, the girls and I might still go, since my husband will drive down for sure (assuming that Orange County’s COVID numbers don’t go crazy and force his conference to go virtual), and we do have the hotel room now.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for being able to get into the parks, so our girls can finally experience the Halloween decorations!

We got our mask orders in with the Disney store, and our current attitude is: watch this board as well as Newsom’s updates and keep our expectations tempered but hope for the best!
🤞

May as well strike me off. I’d be coming from Canada and it’s just not going to happen this year. I’m really sad but I’ll wait until this health crisis is over. As it stands I can only go shopping and that’s not what I’m willing to risk my family’s health over.

With luck my family and I can go for a few days in March prior to our cruise.

I feel like my “cushion“ of time is slipping away every day! I was hoping the parks would be able to be open for quite a while before my October trip.....hopefully to work out kinks and possibly increase features . Wishful thinking , I know!
I am just hopeful for positive news in our recovery and battle with Covid, so we all can enjoy happiness in life!
I am not counting down days....weeks seem so much closer!! 12! I can do 12 Monday’s!!

I feel like my “cushion“ of time is slipping away every day! I was hoping the parks would be able to be open for quite a while before my October trip.....hopefully to work out kinks and possibly increase features . Wishful thinking , I know!
I am just hopeful for positive news in our recovery and battle with Covid, so we all can enjoy happiness in life!
I am not counting down days....weeks seem so much closer!! 12! I can do 12 Monday’s!!

Same here, I’m “going” toward the end of October and was really hoping for at least two months of operations before.... I doubt they’ll open mid August (since there has been so much radio silence) but I’ll probably put my cut off at first week in September.

I also go heavy on Halloween Horror Nights and Knott’s Scary Farm... and they’ve been totally silent since like May. They’ve got to announce something soon...

Same here, I’m “going” toward the end of October and was really hoping for at least two months of operations before.... I doubt they’ll open mid August...
Check the DLR Reopening Superthread. DLR sent out emails today to on site guests with August reservations -- cancelled through 8/22, and CMs are saying (unofficially) the hotels won't be open through the end of August.

I am so sad about this. I held out hope but knew it would probably happen.:sad: I've been every year to the Halloween party for the last 7 years. This has become a family tradition. So sad to miss it this year.
I am saddened as well. As October gets closer, I get more worried about it not even happening. Funny how looking forward to certain things keep you going .
I have an additional trip in December planned, hoping more events will be available by then. 🤞

We are supposed to be there from 10/6-10/11. Will it happen? Who knows? I'm hoping so, and I'm not too upset about Oogie because we weren't planning to go to it. I do hope they do park decorations, though.

We are supposed to be there from 10/6-10/11. Will it happen? Who knows? I'm hoping so, and I'm not too upset about Oogie because we weren't planning to go to it. I do hope they do park decorations, though.
I hope they still do decorations and have characters in Halloween costumes and have Halloween treats.

While it's yet to be determined if DL will be open in October, I was able to book a room at DLH October 16th.
Can't buy tickets, though and that makes me nervous. Can't get a park reservation without a ticket...
Best I can do is keep up with these forums and try and be ahead in the line when tickets go on sale. Wish me luck. This will be a solo trip and I want it so badly. 🙏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!