Official October 2020 Thread!

It seems like a lot of other people are planning on going over Columbus Day Weekend. Is anyone else getting nervous about the crowd levels for the weekend of October 10-12?

It seems like a lot of other people are planning on going over Columbus Day Weekend. Is anyone else getting nervous about the crowd levels for the weekend of October 10-12?
Crowds are always pretty high that weekend due to the holiday and school breaks.

October is a very popular time to go to WDW. That is why they don't offer too many room discounts. ;)

With Food and Wine, a long weekend for schools (which is the reason why I can go that weekend #teacherlife), and MNSSHP Columbus Day is generally pretty busy, but this is my fourth year in a row going in October and honestly it's busy but not for me it's manageable.

We will be there October 23-31, staying at the Poly! :cloud9: Me and hubby, and four kids, age at travel will be 8, 6, and twins turning three while we are there (had to get that last free visit in before they start costing us two arms and legs!) I was hoping for a time with more discounts, but two free is better than free dining 😂 We went the end of January in 2019 and it was just amazing with the kids first trip, and I feel like I learned so much this one will be even better. I'm a bit worried about the weather though, we don't do well in extreme heat, and also the crowds (we are usually dec-feb visitors!), But hoping to make the best of it!

I'm going back 10/5-10/8 with my littlest. I think I may have caught the bug. :tongue:

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower and renting DVC points. I'm really excited! I'm planning one day at MK and hoping to get EMM again! It was the best! I've never stayed at the Contemporary. If I'm honest, it doesn't look as nice as AKL, but it was the only DVC with availability. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised by the resort when we get there. At any rate, we'll have a kitchen so we can eat snacks and make tea and that's always wonderful!

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside on October 7-10. I booked it on Sunday, the same day we returned from our last trip, lol! That was our second trip with our 3 year-old, and it turned me (and him) into bonafide Disney nuts. Still working on the hubby, but whatever...😂

Anyone else on the October group buy their tickets last minute after the pricing hike was announced? I got mine for the old price, saving me quite a bit (9 day park hopper).

I was rushing to buy mine at the start of February because I'd heard price hikes usually happen in February.

I was going to buy but the way my trip is (5 full days) we are thinking of the 4 park magic ticket which is a lot cheaper (one day in each park and one rest day). Problem is, currently you can only buy this up to Sept.

Do you think they will extend this ticket option further out?

I've booked Caribbean Beach for October 9-12 for me and my sister. We were originally thinking Wine and Dine Half Marathon but turns out she doesn't get that Monday off this year (#teacherlife). So we've switched to the October long weekend. She's still deciding whether she wants to bring her kids or not (11 and 9). I'm thinking about getting tickets to MNSSHP on that Friday if she can leave earlier enough that day and we get a flight that gets us there in time. Haven't been to CBR in years but looking forward to checking it out after the renovations and with the new Skyliner. I also have some old, non-expiring tickets that I can use with two days left on each. Won't be able to book FP+ in advance but if it's just the two of us we are pretty nimble and very early risers! :sunny:

Who is planning to visit MNSSHP?
Anyone planning to go to the showing of Sleepy Hollow and see the headless horseman?
Am I missing anything else fun for October?

Hi all! So I've been looking around and haven't been able to find a planning thread for October 2020. If I'm wrong then just close this thread :) But I know I can't be the only one already planning for October and I've run some planning threads in the past so I figured I'd start one up!

So come on in, drop your dates, your plans, share your excitement, whatever!

October 2020 DiSers

Sep. 25-Oct. 5 - Melanie415 - Copper Creek Villas
Oct. 3-10 - will5mom - Poly
Oct. 3-10(?) - LadyRayado - ???
Oct. 4-11 - fabgurrl - Westgate Palace Resort
Oct. 5-8 - Ecomommy09 - Bay Lake Tower
Oct. 7-10 - Alice121078 - Port Orleans: Riverside
Oct. 7-13 - BigOrangeGal - Pop Century
Oct. 8-18 - Megan Havard - POP Century
Oct. 9-10 - srauseo - Caribbean Beach
Oct. 9-12 - coloredimage - Wilderness Lodge
Oct. 10-16 - Cheer4GSU - Port Orleans: Riverside
Oct. 11-16 - ShadowCross - Art of Animation
Oct. 10-13 - Becky Mouse - All Star Movies
Oct. 10-14 - mickeyfan100 - Kidani
Oct. 11-14 - TNikell27 - POP Century
Oct. 13-20 - Euby - Beach Club
Oct. 16 - 25 - katyringo - Shades of Green
Oct. 18-25 - Aylawild - Coronado Springs
Oct. 18-28 - brucelegs03884 - Boardwalk Studio
Oct. 18-29 - momof2blondes - offsite
Oct. 21-25 - jannalynn_11 - Pop Century
Oct. 21-29 - Bomahog - Boulder Ridge
Oct. 23-31 - Momma of 4 - Polynesian
Oct. 24-Nov. 1 - storey13 - Copper Creek
Oct. 25-30 - Wood Nymph - Boardwalk Inn
Oct. 26-31 - NMPensFan - Pop/Poly Villas
Oct. 27-Nov. 1 - dolewhipdreams - All Star Movie
Oct. 27-Nov. 2 - RachelYoung3186 - Grand Floridian
Oct. 28-Nov. 3 - ENJDisneyFan - Pop
Oct. 28-Nov. 3 - CanWeGoNow - Wilderness Lodge
Oct 10-17 Jods313 Yacht Club

Anyone planning to go to the showing of Sleepy Hollow and see the headless horseman?

Going to MNSSHP on 10/31. The price for 3 adults and 2 children was a hard hit on my wallet. I hope it will be worth it.

Trying to plan for our 10/10-10/17 trip. Ratatouille is expected to be opening summer 2020. Assuming that will be a tier one Fast pass. Does anyone know if the addition of this tier one ride will alter other rides and the tiers at Epcot. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and insight.

I've been keeping an eye out for the Return of Sleepy Hollow, but I haven't seen anything posted yet. They didn't offer it in 2019 because of the construction and changes at Fort Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!