***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well glad I got in when I did cause "someone ate the page" is the phrase of the morning. I couldn't even get into MDE, it said my password was incorrect! This is the part of this process that gets so frustrating when you're trying to do stuff on the site. You just never know when it's going to act up and it's usually right in the middle of something very important. So...I was lucky to do what I did before the site went wonky!
I read on the site yesterday that they are doing maintence all day today, June 22, and some functions wouldn't be available.

I think that folks are going to have to learn to get over this kind of thought pattern in line for FoP. The lines are long. They didn't put a restroom along the queue. Even if my wife went to the bathroom immediately before entering the queue, there is a great chance that she wouldn't make it 2-3 hours without needing another bathroom break.

As for folks leaving and coming back with food - it comes with the territory. If you have to let folks leave and re-enter because Disney didn't think through the restroom situation, you invite people to leave and re-enter for other reasons. All they have to do is claim that they left for a potty break, and decided to bring back snacks upon re-entry.

What will eventually happen - a single party will enter the line as a placeholder for their entire party. The rest of their party will continue to enjoy AK. When that place holder gets within an hour of entering the ride, he/she will text the rest of their party and tell them that it is time for them to return from their "potty break". They will still have to wait in line for a while, but no where near the entire 2-3 hours. And I am not sure that it can be prevented.
Granted I haven't been watching wait times since I left the park but I never saw 3 hour wait times while I was there. In a 60 minute line there is no reason 6 adults in the same party need to use the restroom. I watched people block their path and ignore them as they asked to cut through. I could see how it could it get ugly. If it was a 3 hour line that may be a different story. I get that. But 60 minutes? No way. Even 90 probably *most* would be ok. An occasional person catching up is no big deal. Hordes of people running to the front after one person has waited makes the wait times skewed and angers the masses waiting in line. So I see why the sign was posted.

Granted I haven't been watching wait times since I left the park but I never saw 3 hour wait times while I was there. In a 60 minute line there is no reason 6 adults in the same party need to use the restroom. I watched people block their path and ignore them as they asked to cut through. I could see how it could it get ugly. If it was a 3 hour line that may be a different story. I get that. But 60 minutes? No way. Even 90 probably *most* would be ok. An occasional person catching up is no big deal. Hordes of people running to the front after one person has waited makes the wait times skewed and angers the masses waiting in line. So I see why the sign was posted.
Are there 60-90 minute lines for FoP during the day? Right now, for instance, it is posted at 130 minutes.

Are there 60-90 minute lines for FoP during the day? Right now, for instance, it is posted at 130 minutes.
During the day between June 7-15 the posted waits in the afternoon were around 90-100 minutes and the line was actually shorter than that. As I said, I haven't tracked the waits since we left but even during those shorter waits there seemed to be problems with large numbers of people trying to get back to their parties.

Re: no restrooms in the FOP queue... what's interesting to me is that Universal handled this issue beautifully when Gringott's first opened and had astronomical wait times. I waited 3+ hours and they had two snack carts positioned along the queue, so folks could easily grab something without ever leaving the line, and a ticketed restroom system in which the needy party received a paper ticket when exiting the line, and said ticket granted him/her access to what I'm guessing was a single rider/express line to cruise back to where the rest of his/her party was in line. Pretty simple stuff and I saw NO issues with people cutting the line. And I believe Disney did something similar with FEA when it first opened. Why wouldn't Disney execute something similar for FOP?

Haven't been on all week, but wanted to weigh in on a few things:

1. The "no restrooms in this queue" sign was there last week when we visited. I think we only saw two parties re-enter the line after leaving for a bathroom break.
2. We entered the FoP line with a 125 minute posted wait time at 10:40 PM. The ride went down for about 20 minutes, and we were still out by midnight.
3. We walked on (and were offered re-rides without leaving the boat) of NRJ at midnight (during EMH). We were the only people in our boat, and the boats before and after ours were empty. It is very possible to do both Pandora rides during EMH.
4. They were not closing the FoP to non-resort guests prior to 11:00 the night we were there, but it also didn't seem necessary.
5. There were no lines to get into Pandora or to get into the store when we visited Pandora.

I have not kept up realy current on fastpass rules (has been 3 years since my last trip :faint:). If you have 3 FP in one park, you can cancel one and make another, in a park other than the one you are currently in? Also, can you make a 4th FP, after you have used your 3, in a park different than the one you are currently in?

(Sorry to be asking a general FP question in a Pandora specific thread)
There are a couple of great FP related threads that will give some great info on what's going on with FP now. There have been lots of changes and a couple of stratagies can come in to play for FP and hopping.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337501
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/

I think that folks are going to have to learn to get over this kind of thought pattern in line for FoP. The lines are long. They didn't put a restroom along the queue. Even if my wife went to the bathroom immediately before entering the queue, there is a great chance that she wouldn't make it 2-3 hours without needing another bathroom break.

As for folks leaving and coming back with food - it comes with the territory. If you have to let folks leave and re-enter because Disney didn't think through the restroom situation, you invite people to leave and re-enter for other reasons. All they have to do is claim that they left for a potty break, and decided to bring back snacks upon re-entry.

What will eventually happen - a single party will enter the line as a placeholder for their entire party. The rest of their party will continue to enjoy AK. When that place holder gets within an hour of entering the ride, he/she will text the rest of their party and tell them that it is time for them to return from their "potty break". They will still have to wait in line for a while, but no where near the entire 2-3 hours. And I am not sure that it can be prevented.
I think so too. We don't do lots of long lines at Disney but we will break out rule for FoP, it's that worth it. And, with the line being one that moves continually I didn't feel like it was that long of a wait. I just don't think it's that big a problem. We never had hoards of people trying pass us so it just wasn't an issue that needed addressing. If it were constant, sure. 1, 2 groups over an entire wait, just not an issue. 1 or 2 folks joining a party in front of me isn't going to delay me getting on the ride. Not of any measurable amount.

That's wrong and should not be allowed.. I wouldn't be happy if 10 people come join the line with one there as a placeholder for hours..

That's wrong and should not be allowed.. I wouldn't be happy if 10 people come join the line with one there as a placeholder for hours..
It wouldn't bother me because I don't let this stuff bother me, but I understand. I just don't know how it could be stopped.

On the topic of leaving the line to come back, bathroom breaks, having one person wait and then meeting up....

...it's not a 7 hour wait. Use the bathroom and eat prior to entering the line. I can understand small children having a bathroom emergency, but is there an influx of adults going to Disney that can't go 1-3 hours without using the bathroom? There's no need for a bathroom in the line

And at no ride should 1 person be waiting in line and holding spots while others are off doing something else. That's rude to the rest of the line and others spending their time waiting. That beyond annoying to be waiting somewhere then you have people come through the line "excuse me, excuse me, my parties up there"...no, get to the back of the line or have your party come back to you.

That is so odd .No one has to tinkle more than me and got I through. Strange it's become this much of an issue compared 7dmt or toy story back in the day

I think the bathroom issue in FOP queue is exacerbated by the nature of the queue. It isn't a back-and-forth queue where it is mostly in one room and you can see the "end of the tunnel". It is long and winding and goes through many different areas. There isn't any visual indications of where you are in the queue and what kind of progress you are making (i.e. am I 10% of the way to the ride or 90% of the way?) until you are in the last small room which is maybe the final 3-5 minutes of your wait before the FP merge. There are also absolutely no cast members seen from the time you pass the touchpoints outside to the time you get to the FP merge. So you can't even ask anybody. I think when you've "got to go" and you don't know how much longer you'll have to hold it, it makes it mentally tougher to believe you can hold it.

Plus there is no real good way out other than pushing all the way out through the whole line. There are a few exits marked as emergency exits, but would a "bathroom emergency" qualify? We were in the last ramp up before the first lab room when a frantic lady with a 5 year old was begging for someone to tell her how to even exit the queue. Her child had to go to the bathroom right then and she seemed honestly concerned he was going to go right then and there. Nobody in line could help her because we didn't know any other way out other than winding your way through the line.

I will agree with those talking about the queue placeholders. I saw way more people pushing through the line to "meet up with my family" in the FOP than I've ever seen anywhere else ever.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with a Pre-park opening ADR at Tusker House and then heading to Flight of Passage? Were you able to use the back pathway that runs by Festival of the Lion King? How have rope drop lines been recently for Flight of Passage?

I feel that a bathroom in a queue would be problematic. Not having one in the queue is expected and people should be aware of that going into the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter