Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

Wow..that is really close..can't imagine what that must have been like with another RV next to you. I see you have a golf cart..is that what you used to get to the parkinglot for your car? :confused3 That must have been annoying.

Wow..that is really close..can't imagine what that must have been like with another RV next to you. I see you have a golf cart..is that what you used to get to the parkinglot for your car? :confused3

Well, luckily for us we don't use our truck too much. I think we only used it once during the whole trip and yes, we used the golf cart to get to it.

It was a little strange to have the other camper that close:):cutie:

I would have probably asked for another site. That's rediculous. I love the Sportster. I'm trading in my Hobbi for a Cougar 31' with one slide in a few weeks when the new one arrives. I can't wait to get it to the fort. What do you haul besides the golf cart?

Nice rig Iradi8!! My parents have a Sportster too. They have one that looks alot like yours, but they have 3 axels, I think it is a 38ft(3slides too). When we don't feel like driving our TT down from TN we can all fit comfortably in theirs. That "garage" makes a nice bedroom for me and DH when we put down the carpet in bring in the double high queen aerobed.

ETA: after looking closer...you do have 3 axels, right??

I would have probably asked for another site.

Lol. This was not the site we were assigned to -- the one they originally gave us was waaaay too short. They gave us another one and it was impossible to get into (around a curve in the road). There was a cm there in a golf cart who was really nice and helped us out. He told us to drive around the loop and find an empty site and he would radio the front desk. This was the only open site in the loop that we could get into and fit in (we're 40')!

What do you haul besides the golf cart?

230 pounds of dog:rotfl2: Two Golden Retrievers. We bought this camper for the dogs -- we also have two children so the dogs have to ride in the garage. We have two big crates and there is an a/c back there (built in generator) that we run.

Nice rig Iradi8!!
:thumbsup2 Thank you.

That "garage" makes a nice bedroom for me and DH when we put down the carpet in bring in the double high queen aerobed.

It is certainly large enough for a bedroom! It's perfect for our dogs, though -- especially when their paws are wet or dirty -- we just let them in the back door. The floor is rubber but we put down a piece of carpet for them. We have their food and water back there. We use a baby gate across the door for those times when we don't want them in the main part of the camper.

Man so that's a dog hauler lol. I've had a 21' Tailgator and presently have a 22' Hobbi Hauler but always either went to FW or Ocala Forest or Durhamtown in GA to ride 4 wheelers.

It's a beauty, that's for sure. I'm fixing to get the 31' Cougar Toy Hauler fifth wheel. It should be ready in a couple weeks. Can't wait til that 1st FW trip.

Wow..that is really close..can't imagine what that must have been like with another RV next to you. I see you have a golf cart..is that what you used to get to the parkinglot for your car? :confused3 That must have been annoying.

We did that too and it was nice, actually. We only used it twice the whole week we were here. The rest of the time we used Disney Transportation. It gave us more room for the golf cart and the kids bikes. It was easy enough to just drive up and get it when we needed it :)

Oh my gosh...I love your trailer with the Mickey! :thumbsup2 is it painted on?. Not to mention the Mickey lamp post...great spot for it too! Mickey is as Daniel Boone..the FW logo?.

Mickey is a sticker. I did some work with a scanner and Photoshop, and I have a friend with the tools to make some pretty nice graphics.So that along with Ebay and the Outlet Stores and I have made these "Mickefication", well you know what I mean.;)

WDW0107261-1.jpg

WDW0107265.jpg

WDW0107267.jpg

WDW0107271.jpg

As for the inside of the trailer, we'll save that for another thread!!!:rotfl2:

Site #1101. Plenty of room, and very private and shady. That is a 31 foot fifth wheel with a crew cab truck.

IMG_0049.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0072.jpg
[/IMG]

Mickey is a sticker. I did some work with a scanner and Photoshop, and I have a friend with the tools to make some pretty nice graphics.So that along with Ebay and the Outlet Stores and I have made these "Mickefication", well you know what I mean.;)

WDW0107261-1.jpg

WDW0107265.jpg

WDW0107267.jpg

WDW0107271.jpg

As for the inside of the trailer, we'll save that for another thread!!!:rotfl2:

I love that!! I just bought a new camper and I've been dying to do some "Disneyfying" to it! I have the inside done and have my Pirate Mickey Flag but I want MORE!!! You made me smile...now I'm going to have to pic some brains to come up with something like that with HELP!!!

soooo.. are you making those mickey stickers and selling on EBAY??? Dh would love one of just mickey for our camper!! He saw the pic and was like "Is he selling those?"

300 Loop
It was tight for 40' and the CM told us we could park our 18' trailer on the site. You should have seen everyone look at us when we pulled through this loop 40' MH with 18' trailer. We did it but we drove right back out and took the trailer to the parking lot. Don't even try to park your trailer on site with you to tight to get through the loops and sites are not long enough. This site also had drop offs from the pavement so at night you had to be careful not to trip. It was tight with our slides and awnings out.

DiscoveryFtWildernessNov20061.jpg
[/IMG]

DiscoveryFtWildernessNov20063.jpg
[/IMG]

soooo.. are you making those mickey stickers and selling on EBAY??? Dh would love one of just mickey for our camper!! He saw the pic and was like "Is he selling those?"

I was thinking the same thing..do you sell them?:yay: ....If you do, would you please pm me...I'd LOVE to buy one, or two , or three!:lmao:

300 Loop
It was tight for 40' and the CM told us we could park our 18' trailer on the site. You should have seen everyone look at us when we pulled through this loop 40' MH with 18' trailer. We did it but we drove right back out and took the trailer to the parking lot. Don't even try to park your trailer on site with you to tight to get through the loops and sites are not long enough.

How do you add a photo, I will insert once I know how to do it

I think you need a certain number of posts before you can post a picture but I don't remember how many it is.

IMAG0001.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0003.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0002.jpg
[/IMG]

This was campsite 2021.

The walkway to the comfort station was on the left and about a 1 minute walk away.

There was a good amount of space between us and the people on the right.

The bus stop was about a 4/5 minute walk down the road.

We flew in so we didn't have a car.

We had a 3 room dome tent, a 9x13 dome tent and a 10x14 screen house.

We set up the screen house on the driveway then put the 3 room tent flush to the end of the driveway and the storage tent was set up in the back right corner.

Even with 3 structures on the site we still had plenty of room for our 5 kids to chase each other in and collect shells and chase lizards.

campsite.jpg

setting up, still neat and tidy

arrival.jpg

Plenty of room

viewfromcamper.jpg

view from the camper door, back of camper. Wooded and private.

The comfort station was across the street - 2 down. really quick. The bus station took a lot longer !! The distance to the bus stop was our deciding factor to get a golf cart from now on.
Quiet loop while we there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts