Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

This is a tent (in the 500 loop) that I rented from Disney last year during the W&F Festival. It was huge inside -- plenty big enough for two adults and one or two preteen children.
DSC01728.jpg

My boys and I are planning to tent camp again next spring. We are debating on whether to bring and set up our own tents or do the rental thing again. We will certainly bring a screen room to put up over the picnic table, and a TV so we can keep track of the day's events/ top 10 attractions/ etc. We'll be watching the weather closely as our departure date approaches to see if we'll need heavy sleeping bags or an AC unit. (Sounds like it could go either way in late March :rotfl2: )

Mickey is a sticker. I did some work with a scanner and Photoshop, and I have a friend with the tools to make some pretty nice graphics.So that along with Ebay and the Outlet Stores and I have made these "Mickefication", well you know what I mean.;)

Are you taking orders ?? I'd buy one of those Wilderness Mickey's !!

One thing I'd be careful for is this. I have that same print but it's a magnet I got at the Meadows a couple trips back. It has a Trademark on it and I believe making them and selling them would infringe on that Trademark. Uncle Mickey doesn't like competition. I see people selling a lot of decals and what not on Ebay and I'm just saying selling these may get you in trouble. Making a larger print and giving it away might be ok. I would just be careful though. I want to see you at the fort not in Disney jail lol.

still havent quite figured out how to post the campsite pics but this one in the sig is the family with Chip & Dale

You can use the "test" thread in the Technical section..it's down the bottom of the Discussion Forums page. I just did it myself...have fun!:thumbsup2

One thing I'd be careful for is this. I have that same print but it's a magnet I got at the Meadows a couple trips back. It has a Trademark on it and I believe making them and selling them would infringe on that Trademark. Uncle Mickey doesn't like competition. I see people selling a lot of decals and what not on Ebay and I'm just saying selling these may get you in trouble. Making a larger print and giving it away might be ok. I would just be careful though. I want to see you at the fort not in Disney jail lol.

I am not selling these on Ebay for just that reason. I made and printed these for my own use. If there is some way to share them, without violating copyright, I would be glad to do so.

You mention the magnet, and that is in fact what I scanned in and then modified for our wilderness mickey on the front.

You can use the "test" thread in the Technical section..it's down the bottom of the Discussion Forums page. I just did it myself...have fun!:thumbsup2

I got a little too brave and thought I had it figured out, I forgot who I was and how these things usually work out for me :rotfl:

Thanks
Scott

Thanks I have use imageshack.us and photo bucket they both work just fine for posting photos. Took me a few trial to get the right url to work or how to do it.
Thanks again

Site 1439

March2007019.jpg

This is a great site. Easy to back into. Located right next to comfort station. Short stroll to campfire and movie. Extra room in back and along the drivers side of site. Not a lot of room on the 'curb' side, with a ditch close by.

March2007020.jpg

This is site 359. We had to park the truck in the front lot. The site next to us was very, very close -- you can see it to the right of our camper (vacant when the pic was taken). The campers next to us had their awning out and it was less than 5 ft. from our camper.

The second pic was taken from the rear of the camper standing in the vacant site. You can see how close the sites are in the rear.

2006-10-3017-01-28IMG_3521-1.jpg

2006-10-3017-03-32IMG_3525-1.jpg

Hello Neighbor!!! :rotfl2:

I knew that this would eventually happen on this thread.

We camped in site #357 from 10/26-10/29/06. That is your rig there next to mine, right? :

ftwilderness1.jpg

I have a correction to make. My awning was not 5' from your trailer. I would say it was less than 3 ft! :scared1: I think I posted a photo of this site before on another thread, and said that camping in this site was like camping in a parking lot. I mean, all that we could see from our screenroom was a giant 5th wheel.

The problem here is that these sites angle towards each other.

If I ever get assigned to site 357 again, I will ask to be moved. It is just too close to the site next door. On our subsequent trips, I have looked at others who have been assigned to this site, and it just is not a good set-up.

Site 357 gets my vote as the worst site in FW!

TCD

Hello Neighbor!!! :rotfl2:

I knew that this would eventually happen on this thread.

We camped in site #357 from 10/26-10/29/06. That is your rig there next to mine, right? :

ftwilderness1.jpg

I have a correction to make. My awning was not 5' from your trailer. I would say it was less than 3 ft! :scared1: I think I posted a photo of this site before on another thread, and said that camping in this site was like camping in a parking lot. I mean, all that we could see from our screenroom was a giant 5th wheel.

The problem here is that these sites angle towards each other.

If I ever get assigned to site 357 again, I will ask to be moved. It is just too close to the site next door. On our subsequent trips, I have looked at others who have been assigned to this site, and it just is not a good set-up.

Site 357 gets my vote as the worst site in FW!

TCD

Pretty cool you both were there with photos to prove it too!!!:rotfl2:

TCD

:laughing: Oh, my... that is sooooo funny!!! Yes, we were neighbors! My 5y.o. was standing here just now and saw the picture and remembered your wonderful decorations. I didn't even say anything to her -- she pointed to that rock that blows smoke.:rotfl:

Unless you are two families who know each other I can't imagine why anyone would want these two campsites. It was like a parking lot. On the other side of us there were no trees or privacy between our site and the last one on the loop.

The funny thing is... we picked this site as we were driving around the loop because the one they assigned us to was waaaaaay too short for our camper. We drove around the loop to find a site that we could both fit in and back into. We didn't realize until we were in how close it was to you.:scared1: But once we accomplished the incredible feat of actually backing into a campsite at FW successfully we were not about to move!

:laughing: Oh, my... that is sooooo funny!!! Yes, we were neighbors! My 5y.o. was standing here just now and saw the picture and remembered your wonderful decorations. I didn't even say anything to her -- she pointed to that rock that blows smoke.:rotfl:

Unless you are two families who know each other I can't imagine why anyone would want these two campsites. It was like a parking lot. On the other side of us there were no trees or privacy between our site and the last one on the loop.

The funny thing is... we picked this site as we were driving around the loop because the one they assigned us to was waaaaaay too short for our camper. We drove around the loop to find a site that we could both fit in and back into. We didn't realize until we were in how close it was to you.:scared1: But once we accomplished the incredible feat of actually backing into a campsite at FW successfully we were not about to move!

Well, it is a small world, after all!

I also am responsible for being assigned to this site. When I make my ressies, I never request a loop number, and most of the time, I will take what ever I get assigned when I check in. This always seems to work out for me, because I think the cast members try to give you the best site available, and I have gotten sweet sites on loops that I otherwise might not have chosen. On this occasion, our ressies were for a preferred site. When we checked in, the cast member said that there were open sites on all the preferred loops, so what would I prefer? I asked for the 300 loop, and since my DD's like to play basketball, I asked if there was anything close to the BB hoop. The cast member gave me exactly what I asked for, so I hardly could complain.

So, the moral of the story is be careful of what you ask for!

We also had a great visit. I didn't know that you had two dogs with you. I remember seeing one. I never heard any barking, and you know how close we were!

BTW, about the decorations, I was really proud of my Mickey Dracula. We have had it for a few years, and I have never seen another one anywhere near my neighborhood at home. So, on our first drive around the 300 loop, I think I must have counted 5 or 6 Mickey Draculas just on that loop!:rotfl: I'll bet there were 20 or 30 in the campground! FW campers rock!

TCD

I didn't know that you had two dogs with you. I remember seeing one. I never heard any barking, and you know how close we were!
TCD

That was our first trip to Disney with our dogs. We just adopted them last May. I'm kind of glad to know that they were quiet.:cloud9:

2007-03-0512-30-21IMG_4707.jpg

602-2.jpg

602-4.jpg

602-6.jpg

Okay, first time posting a pic. We were at FW from 4/1 to 4/6, and were in site 602 - a preferred loop. I did notice that the sites in 600 and 700 were much larger than others, and had several large MH's. Although getting into our site was a small challenge due to an extremely large MH across from us (see the tour bus?). There was no way I could get our trailer backed in if I went the "normal" route (pull past site, then angle it back in). I ended up pulling into the 800 loop exit (right aross from the 600 entrance), and then backing it in while blocking the main road..:cool1:
<trip report coming soon..!>

The 600 loop seems to be popular to the high dollar crowd....

Always a million dollar rig or 2 there when we go.....

The fact that there is not a comfort station is prolly no big deal when you have a 1 1/2 bath pusher....:lmao:

The central location is awesome....

campsite.jpg

hey there bennythepug.......well, i have to say that in the 7 years we have owned our viking pop up and all the places we have ever hauled it to and camped....all those campgrounds we have explored....you are the first viking other than ours we have ever seen. exact same one it looks like.

we love ours. have never had a complaint or problem with it. (other than that hidious screen room that they snookered us into buying for the awning. we ended up taking that back for a partial refund. horrible thing!)

anyway - glad to see another family with a viking.

(sorry the only pics i have of it are in my 35mm days and i don't have a scanner handy to post a pic of it. We will be camping at the fort with our viking in Aug and will repost then.)

- lori

Sorry I don't have a picture to post but we got into the loop 100 this past halloween week because the front office people could'nt find the person that was in our reserved site. They overstayed and didn't move out at the check in time so when we complained the front office at the campground put us in a nice spot in loop 100. Huge toy hauler 5thl.wheel to our left, and a huge class A on our right. Dwarfed us in size but they did like the smell of our steaks cooking as they backed in and started hooking up.

Jim
popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!