** Official** September 2020 Check-In (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I moved our Thanksgiving trip to Labor Day weekend. Staying 9/4 - 9/7 at the Paradise Pier Hotel. We really need a break and decided that we didn't want to wait until Thanksgiving. Already have tickets paid for from at the beginning of the year when we thought we'd be going in March.

bold move.

confident things will be up, running, and (somewhat) normal by then?

bold move.

confident things will be up, running, and (somewhat) normal by then?

I have no idea. The room is refundable and can be rescheduled if we need to. I have sort of a zen attitude about it all right now because we've rescheduled our DL plans 6 times now since March. If it's meant to happen in September, all of the planets will align and we'll go. If it's not meant to happen then, we'll reschedule to another date.

I'm impressed you managed to find availability that week! I've had my 1 bdr reserved for Labor Day weekend since the 11 month mark, which was supposed to be the last trip of our AP year, and ever since the closure I've been trying to find nights in Oct/Nov/Dec to no avail.
Me too! We have a 2 bedroom booked. I pieced it together by stalking the reservation tool. It's the weekend before Labor Day. Hopefully celebrating our youngest's 18th birthday . . . with her boyfriend, thus the 2 bedroom. Hubby will be sleeping between the 2 bedrooms! :laughing:

Updated our trip to 9/14-9/17. Figure the extra day will give us a better shot at Rise. The cast member I spoke to was so helpful and gave some great tips.

My mom and I are planning to stay at the Grand Californian from 9/14-9/17. We are going to celebrate her 70th birthday by riding her favorite ride, Mr. Toad which she hasn't ridden since it left WDW, and to ride the Matterhorn. She has gone to DL half a dozen times and it is always out of order or down for maintenance.

We have a trip planned starting Sept. 21. At this point, I'm think we might not be able to even get in but will go no matter what and hang out in the sun. We've cancelled multiple trips, burned tons of money already, just need to get away.

We have a trip planned starting Sept. 21. At this point, I'm think we might not be able to even get in but will go no matter what and hang out in the sun. We've cancelled multiple trips, burned tons of money already, just need to get away.
I'm out any money but I had to move my April Disney trip to September. I'm ready to just hang out at the hotel if that's as close as I can get.

Looks like Disneyland announced their reopening dates today! Parks reopen on 7/17 with on site hotels reopening on 7/23. DTD reopens on 7/9. I'm totally stoked. This means our Labor Day weekend trip is totally happening.

I am so so so so so hoping my parents are still up for going. Otherwise it'll be H and I in a 2 bedroom suite at VGC by ourselves 😢

Wait. I am booked September 21 at the DLH. Is there a chance it wont be open then? Will they automatically bump us up to GC? That'd be a nice bonus.

I'd take it. But I am hopeful by then the silly mask requirement is gone. My youngsters flat out wont keep a mask on. Plus, I dont really want my kids first memory of Disneyland to be a bunch of surgical masks.

Wait. I am booked September 21 at the DLH. Is there a chance it wont be open then? Will they automatically bump us up to GC? That'd be a nice bonus.

I'd take it. But I am hopeful by then the silly mask requirement is gone. My youngsters flat out wont keep a mask on. Plus, I dont really want my kids first memory of Disneyland to be a bunch of surgical masks.
If they lift the mask wearing policy by September and there is no vaccine yet I won't go. It will already be risky to go in current conditions & policies.

But I do understand how for someone taking their child for the first time could dampen the experience.

I was booked to go with my friend in April and stay at DLH. When they offered the rebooking discount + $50 daily credit, I decided to go with it and went as close to the latest discount date as we could get away. The lower priced rooms at DLH were gone so I got a courtyard room at GCH as the cheapest rate. That worked out since DLH is not going to be open, it looks like.

Anyway, we're booked for Sept 22-25 at GCH. I sure hope we get to go, but if it looks like things are going south as far as health concerns, we'll cancel.

It isn't automatic. They sent an email to people with July DLH bookings to call the number for the resort, when I called last Saturday there was no wait to talk to a CM. They said that they are not taking reservations for the DLH before September 30. I've seen some people on other threads say they were offered Paradise Pier and a discount or room credit, but most people held out to be upgraded to Grand Californian for the same price. You do have to call and ask about your reservation and tell them what you want though.

I just got an email today to modify my reservation for my Disneyland hotel stay. The CM I talked to upgraded us to grand Californian for no extra charge.

We had originally been scheduled for March- trying again for September! Looking forward to the Grand Californian September 6-12. :)

I'm a September/October crossover. Visiting (hopefully) Sept 30 - Oct 3 at GCH. We are flexpass APs from Northern California. Making it a short trip to see how it goes with new restrictions. I just need some Disney time!

Sept 3 - 7 VGC.

I'm still on the fence about the trip, since it's going to be my first time to Disneyland and I'm not sure how much everything will be effected by Covid-19. I do know I'm not likely to be able to rebook either this reservation or my Yosemite reservation, so I might just hang in there.

I don't have park tickets yet, so I hope they let people staying on site purchase soon and have priority in reserving dates.

DlH is closed and not reopening until 10/1. You will have to call to be moved to GCH. I dont blame you about the mask. You might want to reschedule for a later date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter