**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I love that Tie Fighter popcorn bucket, I think it's a good replacement because I've always wanted it but worried about space, but someone on here told me that the wings can be removed, so at least there's that. At this point I'm just excited that there will be something else.

I know last December they did the Jingle Bam dessert party and did the SW Spectacular too afterwards, but I can't seem to remember if they offered the SW dessert party too on some nights?

We were there last nov/dec and there was no SW fireworks. Only the jingle bam show and dessert party for that. I'd love to see the SW show this December, can we make that happen please :worship:

but someone on here told me that the wings can be removed, so at least there's that.
Yes, they can be removed very easily, too easily.
I know last December they did the Jingle Bam dessert party and did the SW Spectacular too afterwards, but I can't seem to remember if they offered the SW dessert party too on some nights?
The SW dessert party was not offered except on Dec 31. The Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM dessert party was offered up until Dec 30th. SWaGS was brought back on Dec 16th.
We were there last nov/dec and there was no SW fireworks.
You were probably gone when SWaGS returned.

You're right, I forgot they brought it back before NYE. My bad! of course this trip is 12/10-12/16 so I'll miss it this year if they bring it back then too. Wahhhhh.

We were there last nov/dec and there was no SW fireworks. Only the jingle bam show and dessert party for that. I'd love to see the SW show this December, can we make that happen please :worship:

I thought that I read somewhere that last year they did plan of just doing Jingle Bam, but after a few days or weeks they started doing both shows. Just need to know if they offered some days the SW dessert parties.

And I want to make it happen too! I'm going in December as well and really, really want to see the show again.

The SW dessert party was not offered except on Dec 31. The Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM dessert party was offered up until Dec 30th. SWaGS was brought back on Dec 16th.

Ah! So sad. I hope they consider this arrangement of doing both shows each night at least if they do bring back Jingle Bam, because if I can't do the dessert party, I hope to at least see the show. I loved it last September.

I'd love to see the SW show this December, can we make that happen please :worship:
In my opinion, and it's just an opinion based on nothing official or anything said around the water cooler. Based on the lukewarm reception that the JBJB show received, I believe that they may want to redeem their reputation and come up with a show that will stand on it's own. If that happens, big if, they may not need to show SWaGS in order to attract guests to the park. It's very expensive to perform both shows.

I thought that I read somewhere that last year they did plan of just doing Jingle Bam, but after a few days or weeks they started doing both shows. Just need to know if they offered some days the SW dessert parties.

And I want to make it happen too! I'm going in December as well and really, really want to see the show again.
We were there the week after Thanksgiving, and only JBJB was offered - personally, I'm thinking that if they offered a choice of JBJB on some nights, and SW on other nights, that JBJB would not get many attendees...food was great, party location (Chinese Theater Courtyard) was outstanding, but the show...meh. I certainly would NOT pay to see that show again.

This year, we're going over Halloween week, and between SW Dessert Party, new MK Fireworks Dessert Party, and ROL Dining, we'll be busy most nights. We wanted to do the Illuminations Dessert Party, but that has now been transformed into a Frozen Dessert Party, that we have no interest in - so, yay...saved some money there!

Wish they would open up the MK and SW parties for reservations during our week!!!

In my opinion, and it's just an opinion based on nothing official or anything said around the water cooler. Based on the lukewarm reception that the JBJB show received, I believe that they may want to redeem their reputation and come up with a show that will stand on it's own. If that happens, big if, they may not need to show SWaGS in order to attract guests to the park. It's very expensive to perform both shows.
JBJB was a (poor) attempt to have a holiday offering in HS after the Osborn Lights went away. My hope is that they'll just capitalize on the release of the new SW movie in December and forego any holiday show this year.....

My hope is that they'll just capitalize on the release of the new SW movie in December and forego any holiday show this year.....
Possible, but gut feel tells me that they'll do both as there was a SW movie released last Dec as well.

I also agree with Yulilin3 that a second installment of Galactic Nights is likely on Dec 16th which will feature SWaGS.

ETA, added date

Last edited:
Yes, I figure that is why the early close on the 16th as well. I do hope they do SWaGS other nights in December, though - we really want to see it, and are hoping to even do the tour.

So if you do the tour, the only time available for Launch Bay and to interact with the chars is during the party?
We are booked in August and I'm trying to figure out if we should go to Launch Bay and BB-8 earlier in the day before the tour starts.

So if you do the tour, the only time available for Launch Bay and to interact with the chars is during the party?
We are booked in August and I'm trying to figure out if we should go to Launch Bay and BB-8 earlier in the day before the tour starts.

Yes, during the tour the time they have scheduled for you to meet the characters is during the party. There was little to no wait when I did this in May but I did the BB8 meet in the morning.

Okay, so we should probably hit Launch Bay earlier in the day.
Where in Launch bay is BB-8?
Does anyone have an updated map?
I've been looking at the one on the first page of this thread but that's pre-BB-8.

Okay, so we should probably hit Launch Bay earlier in the day.
Where in Launch bay is BB-8?
Does anyone have an updated map?
I've been looking at the one on the first page of this thread but that's pre-BB-8.
It's the old infinity game room, so G on the map on page 1

It's the old infinity game room, so G on the map on page 1

Thanks yulilin3!
And is the following exerpt page 1 still happening: 6:50pm - 7:30pm Launch Bay's Meet the Maker and gallery tour
It sounds like people were saying there's no more gallery tour on the Star Wars Tour and that has merged with the dessert party portion of the tour.

Thanks yulilin3!
And is the following exerpt page 1 still happening: 6:50pm - 7:30pm Launch Bay's Meet the Maker and gallery tour
It sounds like people were saying there's no more gallery tour on the Star Wars Tour and that has merged with the dessert party portion of the tour.
My friends did the tour this past Saturday and they got to watch the movie ( meet the makers) and got the launch bay tour (actually told me something i did not know that's inside launch bay)

My friends did the tour this past Saturday and they got to watch the movie ( meet the makers) and got the launch bay tour (actually told me something i did not know that's inside launch bay)

That's what I was hoping!!
And was that separate from the dessert party timeframe? That is, earlier in the day?

I have not read through the whole thread because it is so many pages but wanted to know if the fireworks have changed since last year? We seen them last year and thought they were awesome. I have read they were changing some things a few months back. Have they changed and what is different if so?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter