**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

That's what I was hoping!!
And was that separate from the dessert party timeframe? That is, earlier in the day?
Yes earlier in the tour before the party
I have not read through the whole thread because it is so many pages but wanted to know if the fireworks have changed since last year? We seen them last year and thought they were awesome. I have read they were changing some things a few months back. Have they changed and what is different if so?
They took away some fireworks and added a lot more fire effects, they also added a scene from Rogue One replacing the Hoth scene, that's about it

Ok, so I have planned much of my entire week (Thanksgiving) around the fireworks/dessert party, and now am reading that they don't do it in November/December. Is that true, or will Thanksgiving week be different because it's so crowded?

Help! I'm wondering if I need to revamp my days and ADRs that I worked around getting my Star Wars loving family the prime fireworks experience.

Ok, so I have planned much of my entire week (Thanksgiving) around the fireworks/dessert party, and now am reading that they don't do it in November/December. Is that true, or will Thanksgiving week be different because it's so crowded?

Help! I'm wondering if I need to revamp my days and ADRs that I worked around getting my Star Wars loving family the prime fireworks experience.
I'm anxious to know too for the 1st week in December. I should probably start working on Plan B just in case!

We were there week after thanksgiving last year and the dessert parties were for the jingle bam show...we probably won't know for sure for some time yet so I'd probably make some back up ADRs now just in case!

I have planned much of my entire week (Thanksgiving) around the fireworks/dessert party, and now am reading that they don't do it in November/December. Is that true
The last SW dessert party took place on Nov 12th. It was replaced by the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam party. But that was last year and doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the same this year.

I would plan for either situation
I'm thinking they might run both shows and actually do both dessert parties. But we won't be sure until probably early September

I read a report from last Friday that the portable stage is down, and the Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show is off for now. I've also read some of the characters are walking around that area for interactions in the interim.

I see no times on Disney's website at the moment. Any confirmation on this?

I read a report from last Friday that the portable stage is down
Actually it was a temporary stage and it is gone.
and the Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show is off for now.
Correct
I've also read some of the characters are walking around that area for interactions in the interim.
Correct
I see no times on Disney's website at the moment. Any confirmation on this?
If you click on July 2nd, times do appear, but disappear again on the 16th. Take those times and dates with a grain of salt.

Actually it was a temporary stage and it is gone.

The story went that it was a portable thing that they'd set up and tear down/move each day. Was that not the case? Ole easywdw suggested they were having some problem with the new stage.

As always, thanks for the reply, FP!

The story went that it was a portable thing that they'd set up and tear down/move each day. Was that not the case? Ole easywdw suggested they were having some problem with the new stage.
Ole Josh at EasyWDW is right most of the time, but not always. That appears to be describing the new setup. The stage that was there and has been removed was very large and was by no means meant to be portable or moveable as unit. As originally announced by Disney, when "A Galaxy Far, Far Away" returns, it will use new mobile performance stages for the performance of the show. The stages will be put in place each morning and removed from the park after the final performance each evening. I don't know if the delay is due to issues with the new mobile stages or with the production of the show.

Does the stage thing affect or change anything re: the Star Wars dessert party? I just booked it for July 6th!

Thanks FastPasser!! This is only our 2nd visit to Disney (with our kids aged 8,10,14). For people who haven't seen either, would you recommend the Star Wars party over Fantasmic?

For people who haven't seen either, would you recommend the Star Wars party over Fantasmic?
Just want to point out that the party is not the only way to see the SW show. You can watch the show without attending the dessert party. The party does get you into SWaGS VIP viewing area. Touring the Launch Bay and the 3 meet & greets are available to everyone.

But that doesn't answer your question, and here's a non-answer. For the members of your family that are predominately classic Disney fans, Fantasmic is probably best. For those that are into Star Wars, then SWaGS or the SW dessert party would probably be better.

So we are going in the end of August, does anyone have any idea if the Galaxy Far Far Away show and the March of the First Order will be back by then? I don't see any times available for either of these shows. and just reading above, it looks like the stages are changing/ have changed?

Ole Josh at EasyWDW is right most of the time, but not always. That appears to be describing the new setup. The stage that was there and has been removed was very large and was by no means meant to be portable or moveable as unit. As originally announced by Disney, when "A Galaxy Far, Far Away" returns, it will use new mobile performance stages for the performance of the show. The stages will be put in place each morning and removed from the park after the final performance each evening. I don't know if the delay is due to issues with the new mobile stages or with the production of the show.
I have heard it's due to the mobile stages and that the issue seems to be larger than originally thought so the old stages might be here to stay until further notice.

I have heard it's due to the mobile stages and that the issue seems to be larger than originally thought so the old stages might be here to stay until further notice.
If that's case, what's up with the show showing up on the schedule for two weeks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter