***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

I was worried I would have to wait longer than I did. But I didn’t. So happy I can put that part of my planning on the “completed” list!!
Now it’s on to everything else. Dining, thinking FP selection, clothes to take, stop along the way (driving), MVMCP yes or no, Candlelight Processional yes or no.

Lots of planning, but I enjoy it. Need to buy a new notebook. I do my planning the old fashioned way. Notebook and pencil.

I was worried I would have to wait longer than I did. But I didn’t. So happy I can put that part of my planning on the “completed” list!!
Now it’s on to everything else. Dining, thinking FP selection, clothes to take, stop along the way (driving), MVMCP yes or no, Candlelight Processional yes or no.

Lots of planning, but I enjoy it. Need to buy a new notebook. I do my planning the old fashioned way. Notebook and pencil.

Me too! I have a checklist made, too, lol. You can never do too much planning or have too many lists!

Dec. 16-21 AKV JAMBO

GRANDCHILDRENS FIRST VISIT 4-5-5 year olds. Rented 1 value and a 2 BR villa at Jambo House (our favorite resort) Planning on MVMCP and sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness. Oh and resort hopping so grands can see decor.

So excited- been waiting FOREVER to take them.

Just made a December reservation for the 16-23 at BCV! My wife has been at Christmas before but this will be the first time for our little ones and myself. We have not started reading up on what extras would work well for a 5 and 2 yr old, but they will be amazed!

Last edited:
Just made a December reservation for the 16-23 at BCV! My wife has been at Christmas before but this will be the first time for our little ones and myself. We have a or of reading up on what extras would work well for a 5 and 2 yr old, but they will be amazed!

Same time frame as us, we will be at BWV! I'm so excited for Christmas decorations!!

We are not able to travel in December this year so you can take us off the list. No worries though we are still going but in Sept.

Joining the party. We have always gone in September and this year I FINALLY convinced DH that we need to do all the Christmas fun. We are booked from 12/7 - 12/14 (CBR) and then 12/14 - 12/18 (BC). So excited to be planning for the fun festivities and attend MVMCP!

Joining in! My FIL and his wife generously offered to take myself, my husband, and our daughter to Disney. It was an especially wonderful offer because we had to cancel our trip this month because of large, unexpected medical bills :( They said they wanted to do this economically, so I sent them info on staying off-site (which I know quite a bit about!), and price compared several resorts/hotels.

Imagine my surprise when they settled on the Poly! :eek: I haven't stayed at a Deluxe in a very long time - I'm pinching myself on this one! PLUS - the dining plan - I'm daydreaming about all of those snacks! lol

So, we're in a Poly studio, December 2-7, 2018 :love: Hubby and I are also thinking of adding on a couple days, moving to an off-site condo or a value resort.

For those who have visited in December, what's your favorite December activity? We've visited in November before and have done some resort hopping and MVMCP!

Candlelight Professional and MVMCP are both big yes'es for us. I especially am looking forward to the Candlelight Professional!

You'll love the Candlelight Processional. Very moving. As is the JOYFUL, at the fountain stage, and Voices of Liberty singing Christmas carols. Also, make sure you take in a few of the holidays around the world. They are fun and really interesting.

You'll love the Candlelight Processional. Very moving. As is the JOYFUL, at the fountain stage, and Voices of Liberty singing Christmas carols. Also, make sure you take in a few of the holidays around the world. They are fun and really interesting.
Tips like these are so helpful. Thank you! :flower:

The CP is phenomenal!!! It really doesn't matter (to me) who the presenter is. It's such a fun and festive way to get into the holiday spirit!

So I know it’s like insanely early but I’m already like obsessing over what kind of outfits to bring. I’m so use to September weather in wdw. So pretty much shorts and tees/tanks kind of weather. I’m worried about the weather I’m December. Do I just need to bring like a little bit of everything? Cuz I’m terrible at overpacking. So I’ll probably end up with ALOT of everything lol. Any tips you guys have so I don’t drive my husband crazy with my overpacking skills? And so I can kinda scope out small shops to see if there’s any sweatshirts I want to bring

I worry about the same thing, what will the weather be and what to pack. I go to WDW frequently in December usually the first or second week, The weather is tricky one year it will be beautiful and you can wear shorts/tees during the day and a light jacket in the evening. Other years it has been freezing and you need to wear long pants and a heavy jacket. Some years it rains other years dry as can be. So I try to pay attend to the weather before i pack, but also will pack a combo of type of clothes. Also if you can plan based on layers, nice day one layer, cooler day two layers. No matter the weather WDW at Christmas is magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!