***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Woohoo! Just booked Dec 24-30 at CSR. It’ll be our first time traveling with a baby- she’s due this month, so she’ll be about 6 months old for our vacation!
Usually I plan a ton of stuff in advance, cause the Christmas season is so crazy crowded, but this time around I’m hesitant to make any ADRs with a new baby... It feels so weird to not be booking anything! Especially for Christmas morning, or Christmas Eve dinner. Will I regret this?
I figure that even on Christmas morning we can get a table at Olivia’s without an ADR- right? We loved that place last year, and it didn’t seem too swamped. What about for dinner? Is there a good table service restaurant we could get without an ADR on Christmas Day? The belly dancer restaurant at Morocco...? Nine Dragons?

Woohoo! Just booked Dec 24-30 at CSR. It’ll be our first time traveling with a baby- she’s due this month, so she’ll be about 6 months old for our vacation!
Usually I plan a ton of stuff in advance, cause the Christmas season is so crazy crowded, but this time around I’m hesitant to make any ADRs with a new baby... It feels so weird to not be booking anything! Especially for Christmas morning, or Christmas Eve dinner. Will I regret this?
I figure that even on Christmas morning we can get a table at Olivia’s without an ADR- right? We loved that place last year, and it didn’t seem too swamped. What about for dinner? Is there a good table service restaurant we could get without an ADR on Christmas Day? The belly dancer restaurant at Morocco...? Nine Dragons?
I wouldn’t leave Christmas Eve or Christmas day to chance. Book something when you’re 180 days open up. You can always cancel or change it if their is availability elsewhere.

Saturday is my ADR day. Can't believe it's here since I just got back from a May trip. Seems like endless days of planning this year. I mean it never ends for me right up until arrival day. I'm always changing something be it resorts, ADRs or just daily plans because we all know Disney certainly isn't planning their schedule around mine. Not that I'm complaining mind you. It's what I live for! :laughing: The only ADRs I'm a bit concerned about are Ohana and Cali Grill but hoping I can get them. :worried:

We also will have a split stay so that will also affect the ADR window going forward. Hoping to do more lounge meals this coming December. I know the AP or DVC discounts are't eligible but 10% is hardly a make or break it for us. No DDP this trip. It's not worth it for the 2 of us. Besides, I really enjoyed Geyser Bar on our last trip and we have really loved HBD Lounge in the past so that's the plan.

TS/Lounge Dining plans:

Liberty Tree Tavern (I mean it's the holiday season so we just have to do it)
Cali Grill, Jiko or Yachtsman Steakhouse
Trattoria Al Forno (dinner)
Geyser Bar
HBD Lounge
Trail's End (I'm not certain I want to make multiple connections since we're not staying at a MK resort) or BOMA (Breakfast or Dinner)
Ohana
I am going Sept 21-29 and my FP window for Dec open Sept 30

Today was our ADR day, so I was up and ready as soon as the window opened. I was able to book everything we wanted, but I had to work for BOG lunch (planned for day 2 of our trip). At first, there was nothing available all day on our MK day. I kept checking throughout the day, though, and finally a breakfast and an early lunch spot for 2 opened up. I happily grabbed the lunch ADR. This is the first time I've had trouble getting BOG right at ADR opening. It makes me wonder if lunch spots have become more popular since dinner is changing to 2 credits. Or maybe the first week of December is much busier than the last week of January when we usually visit.

Still waiting on Candlelight Processional packages and a couple of dessert parties to open up.

Any ideas when JBJB dessert party might be bookable? I’m going to have to really start stalking the boards so I don’t miss that or CP.

Any ideas when JBJB dessert party might be bookable? I’m going to have to really start stalking the boards so I don’t miss that or CP.

Last year it was early August. But no idea if it will be the same for this year.

My ADR day is Sunday. I am hoping to get Hollywood & Vine Minnie Lunch or Dinner. Are any of you having luck grabbing a reservation for that? I was peeking to see if it's available the days leading up to my ADR date and I haven't seen it online.

I wasnt able to get BOG for my ADR, but did get Ohana, Sanaa, and PPO Akershus.

Grabbed a few others as well that weren't my top priority.

And I was able to move my PPO 20 minutes earlier. I feel so successful right now
I was all excited when I got a couple of dining reservations finder texts lol.. only to panic log in and they were after the time I already had booked hahah

My ADR day is tomorrow...this is the third trip in a row where I have to wake up early on a weekend to make ADRs :sad2:

We're aiming for four ADRS: Ohana dinner, 1900 PF breakfast, Raglan Road dinner, and Sci-Fi Dine In lunch. Hopefully less ADRs to make means I'll be able to go back to sleep relatively quickly tomorrow morning.

I was able to make reservations for the first three days of my split stay today, I mostly got what I wanted, but not at 6am. I woke up and mde didn’t work. Grr! It wouldn’t search for restaurant times on phone or computer with any browser. After about 20 min I gave up and went back to bed. Got up an hour later and it was finally working.

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet! These are my favorite threads. Happy Dance threads! :yay:

We are heading down to Orlando on Dec 1st but to hop on a RC 7-night cruise for our Honeymoon and then (when back on land) 3 glorious nights at the Polynesian starting on 12/9! :sad:(Happy Tears!!!!)

I think I'm more excited for the honeymoon than I am for the wedding.

I have wanted to stay at the Polynesian since the first time I walked through it's doors. There's just something about it. I am in love. :cloud9:

We will be staying in a Deluxe DVC Studio. Booked through David's DVC Rentals! We will be doing MK, DAK & Epcot. We may have time to go to DHS on Dec 1st if we have an earlier flight and my dear friend can Maingate us for a few hours that evening. We'll see! This will be our first trip seeing Pandora and I am so excited. We will also be on the Dining Plan, our ADR day is next week Tuesday! I am hoping for Ohana, Boma & Liberty Tree Tavern. Shouldn't be too hard. Fingers crossed!

I was just thinking about my ADRs for 12/8 thru 12/11. All I really want are Christmas related events - Holiday Wishes Dessert Party, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party, Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine and the Candlelight Processional Dining Package. From what I understand many of those might not even be available for another month. Should I still bother getting up early in three days?

I was just thinking about my ADRs for 12/8 thru 12/11. All I really want are Christmas related events - Holiday Wishes Dessert Party, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party, Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine and the Candlelight Processional Dining Package. From what I understand many of those might not even be available for another month. Should I still bother getting up early in three days?
CP and JBJB are not out yet. Holiday Wishes and Hollywood and Vine can be booked right away, however if you don’t get up right at 6am EST I think you will be ok for either of those. Currently, I could book H&V on the 7th for a family of 4 pretty much anytime I want it. That may change once the window opens up for people starting their stay on the 7th with free dining.

CP and JBJB are not out yet. Holiday Wishes and Hollywood and Vine can be booked right away, however if you don’t get up right at 6am EST I think you will be ok for either of those. Currently, I could book H&V on the 7th for a family of 4 pretty much anytime I want it. That may change once the window opens up for people starting their stay on the 7th with free dining.

Thank you for the heads up about the free dining. I want to book Hollywood & Vine on my first night (12/8) and right now I can only see through the 5th. Hopefully there will still be availability when my window opens up.

Last edited:
I couldn't find the time I originally wanted for H&V so I wouldn't chance it - get up to get that one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter