Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Weedy

DIS Veteran
There is a thread that keeps track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments. Let's use this one to keep track of GTY assignments.
I wanted to add three more questions

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?
#2. What category and room # did you get?
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing?
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
9. What month is your cruise?

We sail May 25th on the Fantasy and I'm anxious to see where we will be assigned. We booked a 5 D and a 11 B.

Weedy said:
I saw that one, but I liked how the other thread listed the questions so you could see what they booked and what they got and how many days out.

Then ask to add those questions to the existing GTY thread posted above instead of starting a whole new one.

I saw that one, but I liked how the other thread listed the questions so you could see what they booked and what they got and how many days out.

OK :goodvibes
I've personally found over the last month or so that although there is discussion there as well, once people get their assignments they post all the answers to the questions you are looking for, maybe barring #4, unless asked.
I have really enjoyed seeing what people book, what they get and how many days before sailing assignments come.

I tend to agree with OP on this thread. The other regular GTY thread is very long and has turned into more of a discussion thread about GTY's.

This thread can be used to post what was assigned and if people are happy with it, how many days out was it assigned, etc.

MJ

Great idea! Very curious to see the results. I will post when I get my assignment. :thumbsup2

Remember...if you want to keep the thread handy and not "lose" it you can subscribe to it. Just go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the forum and choose "Subscribe to Thread" and you will have it.

then if you go into your CP link there will be a heading called "Subscriptions" on the left and when you click that all your subscribed to threads will be there for easy access.

MJ

OK :goodvibes This kind of thing? If not, I can delete :goodvibes

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

1) GTY 4E
2) 4B #8586
3) 53 days
4) Very Happy. Very close to 4E location I wanted.
5) n/a

OK :goodvibes This kind of thing? If not, I can delete :goodvibes

1) GTY 4E
2) 4B #8586
3) 53 days
4) Very Happy. Very close to 4E location I wanted.
5) n/a

Yep..just like that!!

MJ

Disney Dream

1. Booked VGT
2. Assigned a 5E. Stateroom 8682
3. 12 days ahead of time
4. We are over the moon! Huge cabin/veranda
5. N/a

Disney Dream

1. Booked VGT
2. Assigned a 5E. Stateroom 8682
3. 12 days ahead of time
4. We are over the moon! Huge cabin/veranda
5. N/a

Ok...this post for VGT booking has its own thread (below). The thread you are on here is just for regular GTY bookings (there is a difference).

You want to post your VGT assignment on the thread below. IGT, OGT and VGT bookings are typically assigned 12 days ahead of time. Regular GTY books are usually assigned farther out than that.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919036

MJ

We are booked for GTY 8D on Fantasy 3/23/13 ... Anxiously and excitedly waiting for room assignment :)

1. Booked GTY 8D
2. Assigned 8D
3. Received assignment 50 days out (3/23/13 Fantasy cruise)
4. I got what I asked for, and I am thrilled that it is on Deck 6, Starboard side, aft, so we will have an amazing view when we pull into Castaway Cay!

1. Booked GTY 4B
2. Assigned 4B
3. Received assignment 53 days out (4/6/13 Magic cruise)
4. I got what I asked for, but I would be lying if I didn't admit to being a wee bit disappointed I didn't get an upgrade ;) . Seriously, though, it should be a good location for watching the fireworks, and I'm relieved to have an actual room #!

#1. 5E. GTY
#2. Assigned a 4E 5150
#3. Less than 30 days before, but I only booked about 60 days out.
#4. It was fine. Technically an upgrade, although I actually wanted a 5E
#5. Only one room

#1. Two 4D GTY
#2. Assigned 4Bs 8608 and 8610
#3. About two weeks out (booked 31 days in advance)
#4. Excellent! A great upgrade.
#5. Two connecting rooms--more than we expected!

#1. 5E. GTY
#2. Assigned a 4E 5150
#5. Only one room

You're probably already aware of this, but 5150 is one of the two 4Es with an extra, extra large verandah -- twice as deep and twice as wide as a standard verandah. That may not be much consolation if you had your heart set on an aft-facing room, but it's a nice silver lining!

#1. 5E. GTY
#2. Assigned a 4E 5150
#5. Only one room

#1. Two 4D GTY
#2. Assigned 4Bs 8608 and 8610
#3. About two weeks out (booked 31 days in advance)
#4. Excellent! A great upgrade.
#5. Two connecting rooms--more than we expected!

5150 is our favorite room!! You are going to love it!! The verandah is not only extended out, but it goes sideways as well!! What an AWESOME upgrade!!! :cool1:

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what are all the abbreviations for? Trying to pick up the lingo.

Going on our first disney cruise on the wonder may 4th! Beyond excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!