Official Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2018

I noticed they took the dates down too. I was listening to a podcast the other day that said they received an email from someone at runDisney that said there is some fighting within the runDisney west team. They also said Light Side might or might not happen :(

Well, I have to say I am going to be very disappointed if Tink does not happen for some reason (I assume the chances of that are slim...let's hope so!) I only signed up for Princess so that I could get the pink C2C medal. I intend for both of these races to be a one-and-done kind of thing since both themes are kind of "meh" to me.

I noticed they took the dates down too. I was listening to a podcast the other day that said they received an email from someone at runDisney that said there is some fighting within the runDisney west team. They also said Light Side might or might not happen :(

I just am having a hard time believing that was something actually emailed. There's definitely something going on it's the west coast races. But I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that a company like runDisney would essentially be airing their grievances in an almost public manner. Even if they haven't always done the best Public Relation moves.

I just am having a hard time believing that was something actually emailed. There's definitely something going on it's the west coast races. But I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that a company like runDisney would essentially be airing their grievances in an almost public manner. Even if they haven't always done the best Public Relation moves.
I think it was an ex-runDisney employee, not a current one.

Well I think I'm going to jump the gun and reserve the rental house we are going to stay at during Tink (we are doing a split stay and the second half will be at Courtyard Marriot, but I think I can wait on that one). Obviously there is a chance now that the weekend could be different, or they don't do it at all, but the reservation is fully refundable and a couple that I had been keeping my eye on have already been snatched up. Fingers crossed that the dates stay the same!!

Well I think I'm going to jump the gun and reserve the rental house we are going to stay at during Tink (we are doing a split stay and the second half will be at Courtyard Marriot, but I think I can wait on that one). Obviously there is a chance now that the weekend could be different, or they don't do it at all, but the reservation is fully refundable and a couple that I had been keeping my eye on have already been snatched up. Fingers crossed that the dates stay the same!!

I did the same and reserved a hotel. It's free to cancel so I don't lose anything.

Well I think I'm going to jump the gun and reserve the rental house we are going to stay at during Tink...

Do you know that house rental businesses like airbnb are being squashed in Anaheim? A google search gave me...

The ordinance referred to as the STR Amortization Ordinance reflects an 18-month (“phase-out”) amortization period. Click here to view the ordinance. The “Amortization Ordinance”includes a “wind down” period of 18-months. The 18-month amortization period begins on August 11, 2016, which would be the effective date of the ordinances. That means a licensed STR could continue to operate until February 11, 2018.

There are hardship extensions for short term rental house owners, and those who are granted those can keep renting for a period of time after that, but it's not an absolute.

Just want to make sure you know.

Do you know that house rental businesses like airbnb are being squashed in Anaheim? A google search gave me...

There are hardship extensions for short term rental house owners, and those who are granted those can keep renting for a period of time after that, but it's not an absolute.

Just want to make sure you know.
Oh thanks for the tip! I heard something about that controversy, but didn't think it was far reaching. Looks like I have some research to do!

I hate to be the bearer of some not so great news, but when I received my runDisney virtual medals this week, neither the Star Wars LS nor the Tinker Bell were listed on the card that contained the info for "Future runDisney Events". Its really upsetting b/c I wanted to do both so badly!

I hate to be the bearer of some not so great news, but when I received my runDisney virtual medals this week, neither the Star Wars LS nor the Tinker Bell were listed on the card that contained the info for "Future runDisney Events". Its really upsetting b/c I wanted to do both so badly!
Yikes!

Well, it's not officially cancelled until they tell us that it's officially cancelled.

While circumstantial evidence is definitely pointing that way :sad:, we have to remain positive that RunDisney will get it figured out. And when they do we'll all be excited and give them all of our money. :laughing:

Well, it's not officially cancelled until they tell us that it's officially cancelled.

While circumstantial evidence is definitely pointing that way :sad:, we have to remain positive that RunDisney will get it figured out. And when they do we'll all be excited and give them all of our money. :laughing:

So ready to give the mouse all my money for both races!!!

Man, that is going to be super disappointing!! I wish one way or another they would just announce the plans!!

Sorry to hijack the thread as I'm not planning to do Tink, but it's disappointing to hear that things are so up in the air for RunDisney out in Disneyland. I hope they can get things worked out because I haven't had the chance to do an event out there yet and really hope to someday.

I hate to be the bearer of some not so great news, but when I received my runDisney virtual medals this week, neither the Star Wars LS nor the Tinker Bell were listed on the card that contained the info for "Future runDisney Events".

Ugh.

It was truly impossible to do tink this year but now I'm wishing I had.

On the other hand, after I did LS this year I never wanted to run at Disneyland again, so...

Well, I have to say I am going to be very disappointed if Tink does not happen for some reason (I assume the chances of that are slim...let's hope so!) I only signed up for Princess so that I could get the pink C2C medal. I intend for both of these races to be a one-and-done kind of thing since both themes are kind of "meh" to me.

I'm with you! The pink C2C medal was a "Bucket List" thing for me, so I wouldn't have signed up for Princess if it wasn't going to be an option next year.

I am trying so hard to not think bad thoughts.

I would be extremely bummed if they changed weekends (I really, really like the weekend it is), but it would be infinitely worse if it was cancelled all together :(.

I feel empathy now for Light Side runners, though, instead of just the sympathy I had before.

Did runDisney ever officially announce that the registration for this race was delayed? I just took a quick look at their Facebook and Twitter and don't see anything.

I mean, obviously it is since it didn't happen today and AP registration didn't happen, but it's pretty lame of them not to make an official post or something. People have posted screenshots of emails from runDisney saying registration is delayed, but is that really how they want information like this to be spread? Typical poor/lack of communication...sorry all of you and the Light Side runners are being left hanging like this. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter