***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

My son and I are going 6/20-6/23 so I'm sure we will be lurking around hoping for a random soft opening. Not getting our hopes up but it would be an awesome addition to our trip!

How available are morning FP at 60+2? Will I be likely to get TOT, RNRC and Aliens before noon?

Is it supposed to be random, or is it "managers pick their favorites"? :)
That explains why I've never been selected. It's being administrated by the Magic Backstage people and I have no clue how they select winners.
How was the ride on the second half of SDD for you?
As a pure coaster it's not that thrilling, but as an attraction, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

How available are morning FP at 60+2? Will I be likely to get TOT, RNRC and Aliens before noon?
I got 11:05 AS2 for 60+1 yesterday. Plenty of TOT and RNRC at all times when I booked. 60+2 should be even easier.

SDD had nothing before evening but a 3:30ish FP popped up after I messed around a bit. We want to be out of the park earlier than that that day so I let it go.

So I'm curious about the launch system on SDD. Does it come to a stop before the second launch? Or does it just pass through and speed up.

A little too early to be doing this, I think. That is why they do extensive testing like this before the land opens. Virtually every single attraction that's ever opened has had situations like this behind the scenes. You can't extrapolate anything from it.

A sense of humor does people good.

Me too!

I can barely fit in 7DMT, so I might not fit at all in SDD. They squeezed me into 7DMT once with another large person. It was not fun.

That definitely does not sound like the best way to ride 7DMT! I hope you have a better experience with SDD...I see that a CM has commented that the seats are roomier on SDD!

Me too! Mater is such a fun ride. I hope Disney World is able to maintain the surface better than Disneyland has

I am not a Cars fan but the videos of the Mater version make it look so fun! I am excited to see how the claw is incorporated in to the TSL version :)

It’s somewhat like the teacups but you don’t control them. It’s hard to explain. It whips you around but only every 15 seconds or so. The ride isn’t long or particularly thrilling but it’s not super boring either. I wouldn’t wait more than 15 minutes for it though.

I’m basing this off the Mater ride at DCA which is the exact same ride system.

Thanks for clarifying! I am hoping my daughter and I will be able to avoid super long lines by getting fastpasses and/or hitting up TSL during the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic. I am also holding out hope that Disney extends the 7AM EMH at HS in to September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter