***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Assuming the scheduled shut down for TSM is still on track and plans to reopen starting tomorrow for SB?

Will be interesting if SDFPs are available and/or how many lanes are open

I timed it the first time I rode it and it was not 70 seconds. I believe that I'll be doing another Pep Rally this afternoon and will probably have the opportunity to ride it again. I'll time it to see if it repeats.
Its not much longer than a minute...

I think the majority of guests will like it. I think the die hard fans and the ones who go more often will notice the budget cuts and the lack of themeing (theming? How do you spell that?!)

I just left my test & adjust preview.

I think the land is pretty cute. It’s no Pandora, but it’s not terrible. They achieved what they were going for, IMO.

Slinky Dog Dash is definitely not a high thrill attraction, but some of the banked turns will probably scare my 6yo nephew. The launches are very mild. The seat and restraint is much more comfortable than 7DMT, at least for me as a larger person. More leg room as well. I wish the entire queue was shaded, but most of it is, and the fans help.

I probably won’t come back to see the land for a while once it opens, not because I don’t like it but because I apparently lost all my heat tolerance. It is way too hot out here for me.

The seat and restraint is much more comfortable than 7DMT, at least for me as a larger person. More leg room as well.
Leg room is clutch!! That's one thing that's unfun on a lot of attractions, it's not that I can't fit so much as I look like a total goober with my knees by my face.

So, to keep the speculation train rolling, anyone thinking that the mysterious "invitational AP Play" emails will wait until the testing phase is over and the land opens? Seriously still stalking this thread for links since my email likely will never show up, even if I'm selected by the claw to receive one(after many "tricks", including reset attempts by AP tech support have yielded me still getting no AP emails)

Edit: adjusted the word that became ******* :scared: didn't realize that would happen, when referencing a donkey. Sorry guys!

I can report that some of the CMs who rode today describe SDD as being DCA’s “Screamin’ Over California but for a 2 year-old” which is ironic because a 2 year-old may not be tall enough to ride SDD.

Also, some were told they were being loaded in as a “Single Rider” so that CMs could practice loading in Singles. There wasn’t a dedicated Single Rider line for today’s test rides.
If they are going to do this like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, I am totally asking for my own row. I do not like riding in 2-seat rollercoasters with a stranger.

Leg room is clutch!! That's one thing that's unfun on a lot of attractions, it's not that I can't fit so much as I look like a total goober with my knees by my face.

So, to keep the speculation train rolling, anyone thinking that the mysterious "invitational AP Play" emails will wait until the testing phase is over and the land opens? Seriously still stalking this thread for links since my email likely will never show up, even if I'm selected by the claw to receive one(after many "tricks", including reset attempts by AP tech support have yielded me still getting no AP emails)

Edit: adjusted the word that became ******* :scared: didn't realize that would happen, when referencing a donkey. Sorry guys!

I'm not expecting the AP registration to go up until sometime in July

If they are going to do this like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, I am totally asking for my own row. I do not like riding in 2-seat rollercoasters with a stranger.

The signage in the queue indicates that "every seat will be filled."

I rode as a single rider, and while there was no separate queue, I was directed down a side path at a split near the loading area and seated with someone else who was alone.

I rode as a single rider, and while there was no separate queue, I was directed down a side path at a split near the loading area and seated with someone else who was alone.

Exactly - with super long lines in the beginning, they're not going to want to send out a coaster with an empty seat. It sounds like there's more room in each car than SDMT so you might not be quite so close to the person next to you.

I just left my test & adjust preview.

I think the land is pretty cute. It’s no Pandora, but it’s not terrible. They achieved what they were going for, IMO.

Slinky Dog Dash is definitely not a high thrill attraction, but some of the banked turns will probably scare my 6yo nephew. The launches are very mild. The seat and restraint is much more comfortable than 7DMT, at least for me as a larger person. More leg room as well. I wish the entire queue was shaded, but most of it is, and the fans help.

I probably won’t come back to see the land for a while once it opens, not because I don’t like it but because I apparently lost all my heat tolerance. It is way too hot out here for me.
I'm wondering if people will see the low thrill factor and choose to not ride if wait times are long.
Also, I'm with you on the heat, I haven't been to the parks in about a month and a half because i of it :)

Every time I have asked to be seated alone, the CM's have always honored it. Not everyone wants to ride with someone they don't know. I am very tall, and my legs barely fit on 7DMT. I realize the cars are setup different on 7DMT, but if the cars are setup like BTMR, I don't want my legs rubbing up against a stranger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter