Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @Pluto0809, @missjackiemcg

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Simba's Girl +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @missjackiemcg

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm; POST-POST - until they kick us out of the parking lot
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below); POST-POST - table outside the parking lot beer truck
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger; POST-POST Meet-Up: @Keels & @FFigawi
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279 , @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @JClimacus, @sourire, @Mimsy Borogove

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy, @drummerwife +1, @jmasgat , @BikeFan, @Dis5150, @TeeterTots +1, @PCFriar80, @sourire, @Nole95 +1

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy, @croach, Princess KP, @Dis5150 +1

Please add me to all of the pre-race meet-ups and for Hurricane Hannahs (I'm staying at the BC, so I'm thinking I'll be a regular there).

I will have to get back to you about DATW - I'm quite certain my girlfriends and I will be drinking somewhere, we just haven't nailed that down yet.:drinking1

Please add me to all of the pre-race meet-ups and for Hurricane Hannahs (I'm staying at the BC, so I'm thinking I'll be a regular there).

I'll introduce to my pals Noel, Eric and Melissa!! I always drop by Hurricane Hannah's to see them every time I'm in the area - they're great!

I will have to get back to you about DATW - I'm quite certain my girlfriends and I will be drinking somewhere, we just haven't nailed that down yet.:drinking1

Epcot counts as somewhere....

I'm hoping I'm not so completely exhausted after the marathon that we can hang out for a time this year. Most years, we just want to get on a bus and go lay down...
This is usually me. I'm really excited with how many meetups there are during Marathon Weekend.

Wife and I are interested in the W&D post race. Thanks so much for hosting.

Last edited:
Count me in for the 10k and marathon pre-race meet ups. Family obligations on Friday will likely keep me away from HH and my flight home is on Monday. Best hope for HH is if the impossible happens and my BCV waitlist comes through. I tried to lobby for staying until Tuesday, but my kids are missing 4 days of school as it is. So, I'll be hoping for a snowstorm to cancel my flight home to Providence, and then I'll be able to make it;)

Count me in for the marathon weekend pre race meet ups (maybe not the 5k as I'll have a nervous mammy with me) and a maybe for HH. As a massive lurker on these boards kinda feel like a bit of a chicken coming to a meet up having been not very active on these boards but would love to say thanks for all the advice I've gotten from these boards!

We had our Midwest DIS meet at the Milwaukee Marathon Weekend this past Sunday. It was nice to meet some friendly faces in @roxymama, @rteetz, @opusone, @*DisneyDreamer and unfortunately we missed @pixarmom. Roxy and myself wrote recaps of the race (Roxy link) (My link). Some pics!

img_2306-jpg.277217

6227082512433152wv4896243358892032

img_2310-jpg.277221

And yes, that is a GIANT apple fritter!

Hoping to do another DIS meet sometime soon, and looks like we've got plans in the works for a DIS meet at the Chicago Marathon in 2018 (link). There's a 5k option for those not interested in doing a marathon.

Event-Icons-Wine-and-Dine_200x200.png

2017 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Pre-Party Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Nov. 5
Meet-Up Time: 7 - 8 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @Keels & Friends
More Info: Let's get together for a quick cocktail before the post-party at Epcot. As always, first drink is on your host ... there will also be official DISer "Drinking Around the World" lanyards for all attendees!
Attendees: @jeanigor +1, @flav, @mrsg00fy, @Tall Todd

@Keels I'm going to try to make it over for the meet up if you want to put me down as a possible. :) Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!